This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aamiracle

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My DAT is in 4 weeks..! Nervous & anxious. I just wanted to share what I plan on doing for the remaining month and get others advice on whether to add or subtract anything.

Already watched Chad videos multiple times for Bio, QR, gChem, & oChem. I'll probably skim through it again at some point.

I plan on completing destroyer by end of the week; 04/10. I have about 100 Bio questions left, 50 oChem, & about 100+ chunk of gChem q's.

For the bio section of destroyer, I have been highlighting the answers and making notes on each question. After completion, I figured reviewing about 20-30 questions a day should keep me in check. As well as reading through ferralis one more time and reviewing areas of difficulties through CrashCourse.

Same with gChem & oChem, I am writing notes for each question in destroyer as I go through them & plan on going through the first half again as those were done maybe early January so I would need a little refresher. Also after 1st time completion, will hit BC more.

I just began the Math destroyer, math is my weak subject, I hate it, and did terrible on the 1st test which I took a few hours to complete. The destroyer has about 15 tests, I figured I'd take my time doing the first 5 tests and learn from it, then begin timing myself afterwards. Marking everything I have a question on & asking a friend off here for help when he gets a chance, hes good at math.

PAT I plan on going through the generators on BC at least 15 minutes a day, if not more. & do 1 practice tests on them each weekend.

For RC, I'm currently in a English course that has been assigning me readings, so I just read about 30 minutes a night before bed. Also I read some of the science articles suggested off BC when I'm lying in bed before I start the day. Going to begin doing the BC for that this weekend.

I still have BC to utilize; I plan on using the specific subject tests every weekend & eventually do a full practice exam possibly come next week when I've gotten a bit better with math & gChem. (calculations destroy me). Eventually do the 09 ADA test possibly the week before.

I've done one test from each area on BC in a scattered manner:

17 on PAT (took this past weekend)
15 on oChem (stupid errors, & I finished in 15 minutes out of the 30, didn't take the time I should have)
16 on Bio (took this a month ago)
17 on RC (took this 2 months ago..)
14 on gChem (took 2 months ago..).

The ones I've completed months ago were just due to the fact that I had my test scheduled for early March, but rescheduled it due to personal issues & I was FAR from ready.

As far as my life alone, I cut my work hours from 40 hours to 21 hours a week, only working tuesday wednesday & thursday for now, & shadowing before work on tuesdays. Also I have class monday and wednesday evenings. Wednesday are the days I'll probably just review during gaps or when I can.

At the end of the day...my last resort is to reschedule it...I do not plan to though. I want to get started on my applications before June & get some last minute LOR's from the oral surgeons I shadow. I learned the hard way that if I reschedule ahead of time, I end up taking the time for granted.

Apologies on the essay, just wanted to be clear with what I am doing, and wanted any advice or inputs from anyone if I should make changes anywhere.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Save yourself a TON of time and only write notes for questions you get wrong or don't understand. Simulate at least 3 full length exams using Bootcamp and do the 2009 exam 3 days before your exam so you can review and RELAX the day before.

Reactions: 1 users
Save yourself a TON of time and only write notes for questions you get wrong or don't understand. Simulate at least 3 full length exams using Bootcamp and do the 2009 exam 3 days before your exam so you can review and RELAX the day before.

I didn't specify, but I do only take notes for the ones I'm not familiar with. I was stressing on the fact that I haven't completed a full practice exam just yet, but glad to know it's something to look at towards the end. Appreciate the input! :)