This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mn94

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my DAT in 9 days on (1-21-17) and I'm getting so anxious and feeling pretty hopeless...

I've done all of the normal things (Chad's videos, doing Destroyer, Cliff's bio notes, practice tests, going through the Kaplan book) and I just took yet another practice test and got...
Bio - 17
GC - 21
OC - 19
RC - 21
PA - 19
The scores aren't horrendous but I want to do better than this on my real DAT
I guess all I can do is keep chugging through and re-doing more Destroyer and keep doing the same thing but any words of advice? :(

Thanks a million

Members don't see this ad.

Bootcamp or Kaplan practice tests?

The scores in my post are from a Bootcamp one I took today, I've taken a Kaplan one too. But I haven't taken the 2009 quite yet, was going to do that a few days before the exam.

One thing to think about is where did you struggle? Did you run out of time? Were there a set of bio questions that you struggled with?

I would look through the test and try and determine where you need the most work and try to start there. If timing was part of the problem the best bet is to take more practice tests to help you get better at understanding that.

Members don't see this ad :)
You have to realize that bootcamp is slightly harder than the real test. As long as your time management is good I expect you to get in the low 20s for AA and TS which is excellent.

I found Chad's quizzes for GC and OC to be very helpful in my last minute studying for my exam.

I wish you the best :D.

You have to realize that bootcamp is slightly harder than the real test. As long as your time management is good I expect you to get in the low 20s for AA and TS which is excellent.

I found Chad's quizzes for GC and OC to be very helpful in my last minute studying for my exam.

I wish you the best :D.

Thanks for the encouragement :)) I'll keep chugging along and try not to get discouraged! And I'll definitely go back to Chad's quizzes, I did them the first time around when I watched his videos but haven't gone back since.

I have my DAT in 9 days on (1-21-17) and I'm getting so anxious and feeling pretty hopeless...

I've done all of the normal things (Chad's videos, doing Destroyer, Cliff's bio notes, practice tests, going through the Kaplan book) and I just took yet another practice test and got...
Bio - 17
GC - 21
OC - 19
RC - 21
PA - 19
The scores aren't horrendous but I want to do better than this on my real DAT
I guess all I can do is keep chugging through and re-doing more Destroyer and keep doing the same thing but any words of advice? :(

Thanks a million

https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/dat-done-25aa-24-ts-25-pat-3-week-study-schedule.1237745/

Here's my practice scores compared to the real (along with the rest of my breakdown). I took them about a week to a week and a half before the test. All my actual scores were 2-5 points higher than my bootcamp averages. With this being said, don't go in expecting that. Expect to score the average between your bootcamp and 2009 ADA practice tests. Then, you'll hopefully be plesently surprised on test day!

Good luck!