DAT in two weeks, looking for some advice!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ucfknight7

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my DAT is in two weeks and I'm aiming for at least a 21-22, which is very doable with the amount I've studied and the results I'm getting back from my practice tests besides biology which I'm averaging a 19... Everything else I've been scoring well consistently. I've been studying from Cliff's and then have been going over Feralis notes quite a bit, my concern is that obviously just rereading Feralis isn't giving me the results I'm looking for. After searching through the DAT breakdowns for advice, I realized that they all used destroyer for biology. Is it too late to go through the biology portion of Destroyer if my DAT is July 24th? Is that the most efficient way I can improve my biology score within two weeks? I'm open to the idea of postponing my exam until August 1st, but that's only if I still feel like I'm not ready a few days prior to my test date. Please give me some advice on what I should do to improve my biology score within two weeks...

Members don't see this ad.

No no, it's never too late to do destroyer not just for bio but for the gen chem and orgo
It's worth it, you can do half it in a week or even all of it if you just devote this week for destroyer
Do you have the book, if you don't, order it with 1-day delivery, of course, you have to pay more.

Honestly, practice tests are just practice tests. they don't tell you, what your scores gonna be, they just tell you how well-prepared you are!

Also, you can do datqvault for 50 dollars, their bio section is very good.
Do the questions by sections.

As for postponing for August the 1st, it's up to you. Always take the test when you feel you are ready!

Best of luck!

I wouldn't say it's too late, assuming you already have copy of Destroyer on-hand to begin working through ASAP. With that said you shouldn't just be re-reading the notes, that alone doesn't do much for retention - you need to be trying to actively memorize them.

Last edited:
No no, it's never too late to do destroyer not just for bio but for the gen chem and orgo
It's worth it, you can do half it in a week or even all of it if you just devote this week for destroyer
Do you have the book, if you don't order it with 1-day delivery, of course, you have to pay more.

Honestly, practice tests are just practice tests. It does not tell you, what your scores gonna be, it just tells you how well-prepared you are!

Also, you can do datqvault for 50 dollars, their bio section is very good.
Do the questions by sections.

As for postponing for August the 1st, it's up to you. Always take the test when you feel you are ready!

Best of luck!
Is QVaults biology section just as good as destroyers? I don't mind getting destroyer and devoting the rest of my time to it, I just want to do whats the most efficient for mainly the biology section because I feel confident with the chemistry. Of course, if I still have the time I will go over the chemistry as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't say it's too late, assuming you already have copy of Destroyer on-hand to begin working through ASAP. With that said you shouldn't just be re-reading the notes, that alone doesn't dox much for retention - you need to be trying to actively memorize them.
I agree I've made countless flashcards and I've made a huge amount of progress from when I first started studying, thanks to your notes idk what I and countless of other pre-dents would do without them. So you recommend destroyer bio asap?

Is QVaults biology section just as good as destroyers? I don't mind getting destroyer and devoting the rest of my time to it, I just want to do whats the most efficient for mainly the biology section because I feel confident with the chemistry. Of course, if I still have the time I will go over the chemistry as well.

Let's do the math

Destroyer has 617 questions biology, 336 orgo and 378 gen chem, 153 qr or almost 18 math tests if you get math destroyer too
price 200dollarsr +shipping $17 dollar takes 4-5 days to arrive

and datqvault has
40*10 =400 questions biology
30*10=300 genchem
30*10=300 orgo
this will be 150 dollar
or you can get 10*90 =900 pat questions
and 7 RC tests
and 10*45= 450 questions QR
for 200 dollars using the computer.

Destroyer are mostly vauled by SDNer here
so if I were you I would order destroyer + BIO and (RC or PAT )from Qvault =250 dollar ( if you good in RC and Pat just get their bio)
that way you get the best of the two worlds
you'll finish qvault bio and PAt
by the time you wait for destroyer to arrive or you can request a faster delivery if you still taking it in 2 weeks from now but you don't want to spend the last week learning instead of getting prepared for the test, so you need to choose what is best for you.

Last edited:
So my DAT is in two weeks and I'm aiming for at least a 21-22, which is very doable with the amount I've studied and the results I'm getting back from my practice tests besides biology which I'm averaging a 19... Everything else I've been scoring well consistently. I've been studying from Cliff's and then have been going over Feralis notes quite a bit, my concern is that obviously just rereading Feralis isn't giving me the results I'm looking for. After searching through the DAT breakdowns for advice, I realized that they all used destroyer for biology. Is it too late to go through the biology portion of Destroyer if my DAT is July 24th? Is that the most efficient way I can improve my biology score within two weeks? I'm open to the idea of postponing my exam until August 1st, but that's only if I still feel like I'm not ready a few days prior to my test date. Please give me some advice on what I should do to improve my biology score within two weeks...

No, just know that you will need to work extra hard to finish destroyer and review it. I highly suggest you do it. Destroyer questions are very useful study materials for the real DAT

I just took it this Wednesday and I do have to say that for me it was useful to go back and review the notes I took for bootcamp and destroyer at least once a week. I started to notice that I would miss similar questions again and again. That gave me an idea on what topics to focus on. Good luck! You're going to do great!!