DAT Organic Chemistry Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

puppers

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! Just wondering.. I'm currently a soph in undergrad and I'm finishing up this semester w/orgo 1, and I'm taking orgo 2 over the summer.. Would it be a good idea to study for the DAT at the same time and take it sometime July/Aug? I have all my other DAT prereqs done. Just wondering because idk if it helps to have orgo 2 for the DAT. Thanks!
 
I wouldn't recommend it. You're better off focusing your time and energy on doing well on orgo 2 and saving the DAT for later. Plus, you'll be more prepared for the test having finished all the prereqs (plenty of orgo 2 questions on the DAT) and additional Bio courses. You have lots of time to take the test (I took mine a week before submitting my application).
If you're really in a hurry, take the test during winter break of Junior year. But like I said, a number of dental students I've met took the test the same summer they applied.