DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine Part 4

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sunny, Are those the actual medical terms we are supposed to use?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Marcia

If you're studying to be a vet (or a meat cutter), SURE!:laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, so everyone join the facebook group if you are accepted! I might be looking for roommates if I decide to buy a house down there. Oh, and I think I never mentioned that I got in and am going. So there is also that. I've been working and traveling too much to post lately.

Score guys. I'll see you on August first...I wonder how I'll know who your physical counterparts are. hmmmm....

Members don't see this ad :)
I bought First Aid today. I wanted to get a look at it and see what we are up against. It says that we should use it throughout the first two years and annotate important facts into it. It also says that we should buy a review book for each system as we get to them to help learn the important facts and areas for the exam(s) as we go.

I know it is kind of early, but we are all chomping-at-the-bit (pun intended, DocMom) to get this med school thing going. I saw Lamborghini (spell?) even posted a Q about the FA series on the Step 1 forum -so I know there are plenty more OCDs out there thinking the same thing as we are! :laugh: :laugh:

I bought First Aid today. I wanted to get a look at it and see what we are up against. It says that we should use it throughout the first two years and annotate important facts into it. It also says that we should buy a review book for each system as we get to them to help learn the important facts and areas for the exam(s) as we go.

I know it is kind of early, but we are all chomping-at-the-bit (pun intended, DocMom) to get this med school thing going. I saw Lamborghini (spell?) even posted a Q about the FA series on the Step 1 forum -so I know there are plenty more OCDs out there thinking the same thing as we are! :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :thumbup:

I feel the same way. I am going to start ordering my books. I am so excited about everything and just can't wait to start school.

Aren't all pre-meds OCD anyway?:rolleyes: :D

Congrats on the house closing DMOM.

We have another showing tomorrow...hope it goes well.

I'm waiting until after the move to order books...possibly wait until classes start to see what is NEEDED>

Score guys. I'll see you on August first...I wonder how I'll know who your physical counterparts are. hmmmm....

Congrats! How did you find out? I'm still impatiently awaiting a verdict.

Is he cute? Married?

Does he look like this--->
smith10.jpg

Please quit posting pictures of me at work on SDN. Thank you.

WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! IT'S OFFICIAL!!! WE ARE NOW THE PROUD OWNERS OF A HOUSE IN SPEEDWELL, TENNESSEE!!!!!! YAY!!!!:clap: :hardy: :clap: :hardy: :clap: :hardy:

Also, if you need an attorney for a closing, I highly recommend:

James Golden
1914 Cumberland Ave
Middlesboro, KY 40965
(606) 248-2766

I think the process may have taken five years off my life, but I am so happy right now and it was so worth it!:D :thumbup:

Congartulations! good 2 see u excited.:)

So if my old company (I quit in Feb.) has dropped the ball and not taken me off their insurance yet and my new company hasn't put me on theirs (in the process of changing providers and won't figure it out til mid may) and I absolutely need to get all my medical things done should I feel bad about making my old company pay for it? I don't have the money that it would require to get everything done out of pocket.

Thanks guys!:love:

So when is everyone moving? I saw that the move-in date for the apartments is not until July 20th or something like that. I am going to be down there long before everyone else I guess. I will get to know the area pretty well before school starts though. :)

Good luck to everyone with house buying, house selling, and acceptances.:luck:

So if my old company (I quit in Feb.) has dropped the ball and not taken me off their insurance yet and my new company hasn't put me on theirs (in the process of changing providers and won't figure it out til mid may) and I absolutely need to get all my medical things done should I feel bad about making my old company pay for it? I don't have the money that it would require to get everything done out of pocket.

Well, if they haven't taken you off, it is just an oversight and then they may go back and have your insurance terminated on the date you quit. In which case, you would be responsible for the bill anyway. I don't really think it is an issue of feeling bad. I think that you will end up getting stuck with the bill anyway. You may get away with it initally, but I have a feeling that it will come back to get you in the end. Sorry.:oops:

Speaking of insurance, pre-existing conditions are covered on DCOM's plan. It says the is a 12 month waiting period, but that is reduced with proof of credible existing coverage. It may be from the beginning. I don't know though. I know my current insurance had no waiting period as long as there was no break in coverage.

Did I mention that I HATE insurance companies?:mad: How can you make someone wait for treatment for a pre-existing condition for a year? It is all about the money. But, truthfully, if you let a pre-exisiting condition go for a year without being properly treated, then there is a good chance that it will cost them a lot more money in the long run. DUH! They are so corrupt!:mad:

OK, I will stop now. Sorry.:smuggrin: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Very true. On both counts. I hate insurance companies... :mad:

So when is everyone moving? I saw that the move-in date for the apartments is not until July 20th or something like that. I am going to be down there long before everyone else I guess. I will get to know the area pretty well before school starts though. :)

I'll be moving somewhere towards mid-July. I'm not too worried about it since I'm basically moving over two counties.

I'll be moving somewhere towards mid-July. I'm not too worried about it since I'm basically moving over two counties.

:laugh: Yea, I guess that isn't like moving from NY to TN.:D What county are you in now?

:laugh: Yea, I guess that isn't like moving from NY to TN.:D What county are you in now?

I don't think I am even moving out of Knox county -just to the other side.

DocMom, How are you going to move that long of a distance? Did you hire a moving company or are you doing it yourself? How times will you stop along the way with the kids?

We went to Martha's Vineyard a few years ago and it took us 2 1/2 days because the kids were going nuts in the car!

I will be coming over in late June. Maybe earlier if my house will hurry up and sell.

I think we will be heading that way in early June.

I live in Anderson County and go to school at UT in Knoxville. Oh yeah...you mentioned needing help when you guys get your stuff down here. Let me know and I'll try to take the day off of work and come up.

I live in Anderson County and go to school at UT in Knoxville. Oh yeah...you mentioned needing help when you guys get your stuff down here. Let me know and I'll try to take the day off of work and come up.

OH THANK YOU!!!!:love: :love: :love: I have really bad arthritis and it has recently started affecting my right shoulder, so I was a bit nervous about having to move everything into the house with my husband. I WOULD REALLY, REALLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP IF YOU ARE AVAILABLE!:) :love:

I don't think I am even moving out of Knox county -just to the other side.

DocMom, How are you going to move that long of a distance? Did you hire a moving company or are you doing it yourself? How times will you stop along the way with the kids?

We went to Martha's Vineyard a few years ago and it took us 2 1/2 days because the kids were going nuts in the car!

It is about a 16 hour drive with the kids. We usually break it up, but on the way to my interview at DCOM we drove straight through. We have now driven it twice, well three times if you include our trip to Pikeville. We are real pros at is now. On our last trip we invested in some of those back of the seat DVD players. THAT IS THE BEST MONEY I HAVE EVER SPENT!:laugh:

We hired a company, but it is one where you load, they drive. We are ok loading here because of our family, but we have to unload in TN by ourselves. It saved us about $2000 to do it that way. It is REALLY expensive to move that far! I called and emailed that mover listed on AACOMAS site many times, but they never got back to me. :smuggrin:

It is about a 16 hour drive with the kids. We usually break it up, but on the way to my interview at DCOM we drove straight through. We have now driven it twice, well three times if you include our trip to Pikeville. We are real pros at is now. On our last trip we invested in some of those back of the seat DVD players. THAT IS THE BEST MONEY I HAVE EVER SPENT!:laugh:

We hired a company, but it is one where you load, they drive. We are ok loading here because of our family, but we have to unload in TN by ourselves. It saved us about $2000 to do it that way. It is REALLY expensive to move that far! I called and emailed that mover listed on AACOMAS site many times, but they never got back to me. :smuggrin:

We have a DVD in the van we have now, but not then -I'm sure that would have helped!

I will PM you my cell #. Let me know when you all will be down and my husband and I will try to help you guys out too.

We have a DVD in the van we have now, but not then -I'm sure that would have helped!

I will PM you my cell #. Let me know when you all will be down and my husband and I will try to help you guys out too.

THANK YOU!:love:

Hey, so I thought I would get a faster response if I posted on here. Can anyone tell me what laptop we are getting and what the deal is exactly with housing? If you request a two-room apartment as a single, could you end up stuck in a one-room?

Hey, so I thought I would get a faster response if I posted on here. Can anyone tell me what laptop we are getting and what the deal is exactly with housing? If you request a two-room apartment as a single, could you end up stuck in a one-room?

If you read up a few posts you will find the computer info and a link. Plus DCOM has a bunch of info up on the website now.

As for the apartment info, I think you will have to e-mail Dr. Leo for that. :)

The way I understand it is that you can go on a waiting list for a two-room, but they are initially reserved for married students. So, yes, you may end up with a single, but you would have to clarify that with Dr. Leo.

The computer are Gateways:

M285-E: Convertible Laptop
Microsoft XP Windows Tablet Edition
2 MB of Memory
80 GB Hard Drive
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
DVD Writer
14" Display
Wireless and Bluetooth enabled
4-year warranty
Carry Case

Well, I am off to dye Easter eggs now. :)

Attachments

• image008.jpg
    image008.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 99

The two room apartments anyone can get in to as long as you have two people. Married, bf/gf, two friends, doesn't matter, it just has to be two people. That's what Dr. Leo told me when I went down in early March. The only thing is there's only 1 bed room so unless you feel like either sharing a room/bunkbeds or having someone sleep in the living room, I don't really see how it'd work.

2 MB of memory? Are you sure you don't mean 2 GB?

I got the DCOM video today! COOL! I had seen most of it at my interview, but there was another part added with Pete DeBusk in it. I love the pictures of the mountains in the beginning.:love:

2 MB of memory? Are you sure you don't mean 2 GB?

I assume so, but I don't know. I just cut it out of the email I got. So, it is not my typo.:D I thought that was a little weird though. You might want to look at Gateway's site to see the specs.

I think that the 2 MB has to do with the duo processors not the memory.... heres the specs, I know the first think Im doing is to expand the memory to at least 2 if not all the way to 4 gigs
ALSO ISNT IT TIME TO START A NEW THREAD CAUSE WERE OVER 1000 POSTS???
CPU 2-GHz Intel Core Duo T2500 processor
Operating System Windows XP Tablet
RAM/Expandable to 512MB/4GB

Hard Drive 80GB/5,400 rpm
Optical Drive 8X DVD+/-R DL
Display/Resolution 14 inches/1280 x 768
Graphics/Video Memory ATI Mobility Radeon X1400/64MB
Wireless Networking 802.11a/b/g, Bluetooth 2.0
Ports Three USB 2.0, FireWire, VGA, Ethernet, modem, headphone, mic, replicator connector
PC Card Slots One Type I/II PC Card slot, 7-in-1 memory card reader
Weight 6.2 pounds
Size 13.6 x 11.1 x 1.3 inches

Okay, I did it...I opened a new thread. Hooray!!!!!!

So no more posting here :smuggrin: