DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine: Part 5....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure. What is the structure of the library? Is it all electronic or will it be a combination of books and online?

There will be books and electronic sources. We're in the process of evaluating electronic resources and picking them. You'll have some great things on your tablets and...later on on your PDAs as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!!!!! You are totally welcome!!!! Sophia and I called you to have dinner with us from the pay phone because our cell phones didnt work!! Lol :laugh: did you get our goofy message???

Thank you and good luck to you too!! I am keeping my fingers crossed for everyone!

ohhh that was you two!! i had a missed call, but for some reason the voicemail message was just a bunch of static, so i had no idea who it was! it's fun that you guys had the chance to get together, HOPE TO SEE YOU IN THE FALL :)

There will be books and electronic sources. We're in the process of evaluating electronic resources and picking them. You'll have some great things on your tablets and...later on on your PDAs as well.

OOoooo PDAs? I haven't heard that. Do we recieve on in our third year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, the interviews were in the DCOM library. I worked with healthcare programs for five years before this position.

We met in the campus library, not DCOM's library...it will be in the new building. :)

Silly me!!! I figured it would be in the new building eventually... Thanks for clearing that up! :)

Yes, the interviews were in the DCOM library. I've been working with healthcare programs for five years before this position.

I thought the DCOM library would be in the new building?

Evie, can you elaborate on the PDA's?

I've got a copy of the electronic booklist we were shown at the interviews...I can't wait to see how that all works out for us.

Evie, can you elaborate on the PDA's?

I've got a copy of the electronic booklist we were shown at the interviews...I can't wait to see how that all works out for us.

I don't know too much about the PDAs themselves. We're currently picking software for them and the tablets.

Welcome Evie, it will be nice having a staff member actually responding to questions. Please forgive all of the junk that you have to read through to find anything associated with medical school, my classmates feel the need to discuss everything not related to school on this board.

I am sure we all look forward to meeting you and I am sure you will be the recipient of many good questions. Again, welcome.

Thanks Juneau! I look forward to meeting all of you! I'm very excited about this new program!

I'll answer any questions I can. I'm brand new to the position. I stumbled upon this forum and have gotten some good laughs out of it - mud wrestling, goats, etc. LOL.

Thanks Juneau! I look forward to meeting all of you! I'm very excited about this new program!

I'll answer any questions I can. I'm brand new to the position. I stumbled upon this forum and have gotten some good laughs out of it - mud wrestling, goats, etc. LOL.

Spats.....Dr. I.....Dr. McDreamy......:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

We have a lot of fun!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've lived in Knoxville since 1998 but am originally from Texas. I've also lived in Florida and Georgia. You?

I've lived in Knoxville since 1998 but am originally from Texas. I've also lived in Florida and Georgia. You?

I grew up in Orlando and lived in Dallas for a few years, but eventually ended up in Knoxville in 1995. I attend UTK right now and will be extremely excited to encourage others from UTK to apply next year!

We live in Farragut and my husband and I have four children. I'm pretty sure that we are moving to the Halls area when school is out, so the drive is not so long.

I'm sure you will have all the Journals online, but my favorite is The Lancet -just in case that one doesn't cross anyone's mind. They do a lot of public health studies.

PDA for free?

I also thought the library where we did our interviews was the LMU library ... interesting that it was the DCOM library.

Maybe they are moving it....at least I hope they are :(

PDA for free?

I also thought the library where we did our interviews was the LMU library ... interesting that it was the DCOM library.

I think it was the LMU library, but the DCOM library was just inside of it (for now) on the floor where we did the interviews...maybe?

Welcome to the new student hopefuls and the medical librarian!:hello::biglove: :banana: :biglove: :banana:

Hmmm, so what happened to that magnificent farm house picture?

So, my horse Star got to my friend's house in VA today and he is not doing good. Apparently, he is about 200 pounds underweight, has rain rot, and also has a pretty severe parrot mouth. I adopted him from a rescue, but the rescue didn't know any of this because they had never seen him. He was in Florida and they are in Pennsylvania. The current owner of the horse had him and gave them the same information that I had. So, he is going to be okay, but needs a lot of TLC and food. I am not going to get the mare now because I will have to feed him separately from other horses because he really can't graze because of his mouth and has to eat hay and grain. So, until I can get everything set up to have a separate feeding area for him, I am not getting another horse. I am still getting Pete because he is very small and I can put Star's feed up high where he won't reach it.

How can people be so dishonest and cruel to animals?:( I am definitely keeping him and I am actually glad that I adopted him because I really did "rescue" a horse. I believe that everything happens for a reason and I guess that he was meant to be with me.:luck:

Attachments

• 930375-R1-08-9A_009c.jpg
    930375-R1-08-9A_009c.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 75
I grew up in Orlando and lived in Dallas for a few years, but eventually ended up in Knoxville in 1995. I attend UTK right now and will be extremely excited to encourage others from UTK to apply next year!

We live in Farragut and my husband and I have four children. I'm pretty sure that we are moving to the Halls area when school is out, so the drive is not so long.

I worked at Disney World twice during undergrad and also lived in Orlando for a year in addition to those two stints there. I graduated from TCU in Fort Worth so we've got those places in common. Hope you're having a great weekend!

So, my horse Star got to my friend's house in VA today and he is not doing good. Apparently, he is about 200 pounds underweight, has rain rot, and also has a pretty severe parrot mouth. I adopted him from a rescue, but the rescue didn't know any of this because they had never seen him. He was in Florida and they are in Pennsylvania. The current owner of the horse had him and gave them the same information that I had. So, he is going to be okay, but needs a lot of TLC and food. I am not going to get the mare now because I will have to feed him separately from other horses because he really can't graze because of his mouth and has to eat hay and grain. So, until I can get everything set up to have a separate feeding area for him, I am not getting another horse. I am still getting Pete because he is very small and I can put Star's feed up high where he won't reach it.

How can people be so dishonest and cruel to animals?:( I am definitely keeping him and I am actually glad that I adopted him because I really did "rescue" a horse. I believe that everything happens for a reason and I guess that he was meant to be with me.:luck:

I know rain rot, but what is parrot mouth?

PDA for free?

The area near where the admissions offices are is the DCOM library. I don't know if the PDAs are free to you.

I'm sure you will have all the Journals online, but my favorite is The Lancet -just in case that one doesn't cross anyone's mind. They do a lot of public health studies.
Even in today's age, some journals are still not available online. I'll make sure The Lancet is available in print or online.

If I don't respond to a message on here, please leave me a private message or send me an email at lisa.travis at lmunet.edu . Please spread the word that I am available to all of you. I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend!

I know rain rot, but what is parrot mouth?

Severe, congenital overbite. They can't graze with it because they can't grab the grass in their teeth. He has to be fed all hay and grain. That means lots more money for me. The rescue offered to take him and give me my money back, but I am already attached to him. Poor thing needs lots of love.:( :love:

Even in today's age, some journals are still not available online. I'll make sure The Lancet is available in print or online.

If I don't respond to a message on here, please leave me a private message or send me an email at lisa.travis at lmunet.edu . Please spread the word that I am available to all of you. I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend!

Thanks! :bow:

:thumbup:

Same to you.

Severe, congenital overbite. They can't graze with it because they can't grab the grass in their teeth. He has to be fed all hay and grain. That means lots more money for me. The rescue offered to take him and give me my money back, but I am already attached to him. Poor thing needs lots of love.:( :love:

How about ask the rescue for some aid while you can't be with the horse ...?

FYI, if you didn't already know, UTK has a vet school and they do lots of stuff for free or at cost for special cases. I'm sure Star would qualify. :)

FYI, if you didn't already know, UTK has a vet school and they do lots of stuff for free or at cost for special cases. I'm sure Star would qualify. :)

That's awesome! Good to know.

Thank you all for your concern for Star. I think he will be okay. It will just take some time.:)

Where are all the boys tonight?

What kind of hours and access are we going to have to the library?

Welcome Evie, it will be nice having a staff member actually responding to questions. Please forgive all of the junk that you have to read through to find anything associated with medical school, my classmates feel the need to discuss everything not related to school on this board.
I am sure we all look forward to meeting you and I am sure you will be the recipient of many good questions. Again, welcome.

:eek: What? Us? Never. How could we do such a thing?!? :smuggrin:

Just Kidding! :p

OK, so there is some fluff here, but we have fun. When we need to talk about serious stuff, we do (i.e. health insurance and laptops). We just happen to be a creative bunch of people.

Austin,

I got some new golf clubs today. Brand new set of TaylorMade r7 irons and TaylorMade r7 Superquad driver. They are SWEEEEET. Looking forward to hitting the links in TN with you. We definately need to start some kind of golf club or something and organize an outing with students, profs, and get some sponsers and raise some money for something - ideas? I know that Dr. Cross is a big golfer. We talked awhile about the area courses during my interview day.

Anyone else wanna play? We need a few more people.

I've been golfing like twice in my life. My dad has a set but he never has time to go, and neither do I really. You guys could help me improve my skills! If you want to that is. I can see it now, from happy gilmore to tiger woods in 4 years of medical school.

After we fatten up the new horsey at Dr Mom's BBQ he'll start to put some weight on! :laugh:
He looks like a very nice horse. I can't wait to pet him!

Evie - It's nice to meet you. I'm sure you'll be getting to know all of us very well after we spend many too many hours in the library.
What did you do at Walt Disney World? My grandparents live in Florida, so they used to take me there often.

My grandparents use to live near there too I must have been to disney world 20 times as a kid....

Austin,

I got some new golf clubs today. Brand new set of TaylorMade r7 irons and TaylorMade r7 Superquad driver. They are SWEEEEET. Looking forward to hitting the links in TN with you. We definately need to start some kind of golf club or something and organize an outing with students, profs, and get some sponsers and raise some money for something - ideas? I know that Dr. Cross is a big golfer. We talked awhile about the area courses during my interview day.

Anyone else wanna play? We need a few more people.

Dude, sounds sweet.....now all you need is a bag with NASCAR logos on the sides and you are set.....You know, that sounds awesome. We should try to set up a giant scramble and raise money for something.....Good idea.

Cant wait dude.....

After we fatten up the new horsey at Dr Mom's BBQ he'll start to put some weight on! :laugh:
He looks like a very nice horse. I can't wait to pet him!

MY POOR HORSE!!!:( :( :(

He will be okay though. We will give him lots of love!:love:

Status
Not open for further replies.