DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine: Part 5....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
EEEWWW! Maybe I can borrow my daughters 8-pack abs. :laugh:

LOL! ME TOO!!!:scared: Babies and abs don't go together well. :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
DocMom we did it! We are on page 6 so I am heading to bed. Have fun!

Okay, this is what I found so far:

Researchers used a non-invasive technique called transcranial magnetic stimulation to momentarily disrupt normal brain functioning in either the front (anterior) or back (posterior) portion of Broca’s area. Stimulating the front part selectively interfered with people’s ability to identify synonyms(words that mean the same, for example ‘dress’ and ‘frock’), suggesting that this area controls the processing of meaning. Stimulation of the back part interfered with people’s ability to identify homophones (words that sound the same, for example ‘throne’ and ‘thrown’), suggesting that this part deals with sound.

Not that y'all care, but I am eternally a science nerd. Not exactly an answer to my question, but a good start.:D :thumbup:

LOL! Nope, still here. I just won a pony bridle off of eBay and was paying for it. I should go soon though.:sleep: The sugar is wearing off.:laugh:

That's the problem with ebay! People think they are winning stuff, but really it just goes to whoever is willing to pay the most. :laugh: :D

Ebay is great. :thumbup: But I have to remind my dad on a daily basis that he didn't actually win anything. :)

That's the problem with ebay! People think they are winning stuff, but really it just goes to whoever is willing to pay the most. :laugh: :D

Ebay is great. :thumbup: But I have to remind my dad on a daily basis that he didn't actually win anything. :)

LOL! Hey, I got a good deal on a brand new pony bridle and full cheek snaffle. I paid less than $20 for them together. :D :thumbup:

Congrats, you won something ... now have fun paying it off ... :laugh:

I love selling stuff on eBay ... ;)

Members don't see this ad :)

Too funny! My daughter has like 35 gymnastic leotards b/c I went nuts and "won" like a dozen bids. Her coaches laugh b/c they say they forget her leos by the time she wears them again. They are always asking "is that a new leo?"

LOL! Go to bed! I am going now. I was trying to research my Lyme question, but I am so tired I can't remember my number to log in to my school's online library. So, that will have to wait. NIGHT Y'ALL!!!:biglove: :sleep:

OK, so I'm a little slow on the chocolate talk, but I leave for a couple of hours and 2 pages pop up - good job people.

Here in Chicago, there is a place called Vosges that sells really good chocolate. THey have very unique combos like chocolate sprinkled with paprika and another that has ginger, wasabi, sesame seeds with dark chocolate. THey have stores in NY, Vegas and LA (along with some others). Here is their website...

http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/

I normally don't trash something until I've tried it, but.... EWWW!!!! (where is that throw up smiley when i need him!)

Chocolate with paprika and wasabi??? :thumbdown: :eek:

I hope you don't bring dessert to Doctor Mom's BBQ. :laugh: :D :smuggrin:

I normally don't trash something until I've tried it, but.... EWWW!!!! (where is that throw up smiley when i need him!)

:barf:

If you cut out all the smilies, "LOLs", and "LMAOs" though, all of DCOM's threads would add up to a total of 3 pages. :D

there's nothing wrong with laughing and smiling!!! it's even helping us burn calories to get in shape for OMM :biglove: :banana: :biglove:

this ones my favorite.... :hijacked:

i had my interview at dcom yesterday, and unfortunately i feel pretty lukewarm about it. it wasn't my best, it wasn't my worst...the interview didn't really feel laid back and it was super short. i feel another waitlist letter on its way:scared:

Blondydoc - is that your doggy? He's cute.

I wish we could have pets in the apartments even though I completely understand having rules against it.

Actually I was bored at work yesterday and just posted a pic on here! I do have a yorkie that is 5 yrs old. When I get a chance, I'm going to put him up on here.

I totally agree about the pets! I wish I could bring my dog!

I don't get the feeling that we will be moving a lot of stuff into the apartments because they are so small! :eek:

On my housing application I wrote that I would take a two room apartment for the price of the one room. Maybe someone will take pity on me and upgrade my apartment size! :laugh:

This is going to be a big adjustment for me. I have lived in several apts. over the years and have enough stuff to fully furnish two apts! Now I can't bring any of that with me :(

I didn't know they had meal plans!!! Screw meal plans anyways, at the end you end up paying too much! People usually end up getting tired of the same lame food and start eating at other places and you end up losing meals (money)!

Completely agree! My freshman year in college I wasted so much money on the meal plan. I'm a picky eater and don't want to go back to eating like I did in the grade school cafeteria!

didn't they say there was going to be a coffee/sandwich shop in our building? I wonder if the meal plans would be flexible and we could use it there as well...

didn't they say there was going to be a coffee/sandwich shop in our building? I wonder if the meal plans would be flexible and we could use it there as well...

That would work much better for me. I don't drink coffee, but come August I know I'll start! Right now I'm addicted to Diet Mt. Dew. If I don't have that caffeine, I have a horrible headache.

Three pages! You folks need to sleep nights!

:biglove: :wow: +pad+

Granted, some of them are bad, but there are some that are incredible, I just pulled a few from their list which has many different kinds of truffles. It is actually quite amazing how spicy and chocolate go together. It is definately something you need to try. I brought some to my wife's work and my work and everybody liked the assortment.

Granted, some of them are bad, but there are some that are incredible, I just pulled a few from their list which has many different kinds of truffles. It is actually quite amazing how spicy and chocolate go together. It is definately something you need to try. I brought some to my wife's work and my work and everybody liked the assortment.
Spice/pepper and chocolate do go well together. In many parts of the world the two flavors are matched to enhance the intensity of the cocoa.

Try sprinkling a bit of cayenne pepper in your hot cocoa... Then stir. YUMMM! :biglove: :p

I believe that's correct. Not sure if it would work as part of a meal plan.

I might be interested in something like this because packing a lunch is not one of my best traits. I'd like just a deli or salad bar option.

Potential very good news for MJB and Mrs. MJB...but I don't wanna jinx it.....waiting for a phone call.

:hungover:

Glad to hear the recent updates.

Baby?:biglove: :luck:

Maybe I'll have to branch out and try something new... :D
I looked on that website, and I actually think I've been to one of their stores!

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :beat:

It is SNOWING by me - aaaaarrrrrggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! +pissed+

IT IS APRIL - NO MORE SNOW - IT IS GOLF AND BASEBALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't get me started on the daggum snow Nascar. :mad:

I'll beat the horse over that too. We are supposed to get several inches tonight!:mad: :beat: :smuggrin:

i had my interview at dcom yesterday, and unfortunately i feel pretty lukewarm about it. it wasn't my best, it wasn't my worst...the interview didn't really feel laid back and it was super short. i feel another waitlist letter on its way:scared:

Don't stress. My interview was the shortest of the day at about ten minutes long. I would think that the odds are in your favor after all of those waitlist spots. Either way, with all of those spots, you have a great chance of getting an acceptance somewhere. (I didn't know you were waitlisted at PCSOM.) Don't stress and hope for the best. LOTS OF LUCK AND LOVE!!!!:biglove: :luck:

If you cut out all the smilies, "LOLs", and "LMAOs" though, all of DCOM's threads would add up to a total of 3 pages. :D

LMAO!:laugh: :smuggrin: We have a few relevant comments thrown in with the smiles.:rolleyes: :D

OK, so I'm a little slow on the chocolate talk, but I leave for a couple of hours and 2 pages pop up - good job people.

Here in Chicago, there is a place called Vosges that sells really good chocolate. THey have very unique combos like chocolate sprinkled with paprika and another that has ginger, wasabi, sesame seeds with dark chocolate. THey have stores in NY, Vegas and LA (along with some others). Here is their website...

http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/

:wow: :barf: NO THANK YOU!!!:eek:

thanks dr. mom :)
haha we had a conversation with a couple of the interviewers about sdn during lunch yesterday and i was cracking up! it was funny to know that they do actually read this thread sometimes!

Potential very good news for MJB and Mrs. MJB...but I don't wanna jinx it.....waiting for a phone call.

:hungover:

Glad to hear the recent updates.

So MJB, you never answered? What's the good news? Are you gonna have the first DCOM baby? Don't keep us in suspense! :p

I love shopping for kiddies! :luck:
*Sunny off the jump the gun and paln the baby shower with Doctormom and Kicia... Wondeering if ponies and cows are welcome at a baby shower*

:wow: :barf: NO THANK YOU!!!:eek:

It looks like a need to bring some of these to the BBQ. Eventually, Jen will back me up on this, but these chocolates are VERY good. I am a picky eater and didn't think I would like them, but I did along with 10-15 other people who have never heard of them previously. Actually, Vosges was featured on Food Network and that is how I found out about them. They have lots of different things and I guarantee you would find something you like.

I'm thinking MJB got a possible buyer for that house of his...it would be nice to get that part over with.

So MJB, you never answered? What's the good news? Are you gonna have the first DCOM baby? Don't keep us in suspense! :p

I love shopping for kiddies! :luck:
*Sunny off the jump the gun and paln the baby shower with Doctormom and Kicia... Wondeering if ponies and cows are welcome at a baby shower*

YEA! BABY SHOWER!!! I LOVE BABIES AND PREGNANT BELLIES!!!:biglove: :banana: :biglove: :banana:

thanks dr. mom :)
haha we had a conversation with a couple of the interviewers about sdn during lunch yesterday and i was cracking up! it was funny to know that they do actually read this thread sometimes!

WHAT?!?!? THEY READ SDN?!?!? NOOOOOO!!!! :eek: :scared:

Just kidding. I know that they do. It is just funny that they are talking about us all.:laugh: :D

It looks like a need to bring some of these to the BBQ. Eventually, Jen will back me up on this, but these chocolates are VERY good. I am a picky eater and didn't think I would like them, but I did along with 10-15 other people who have never heard of them previously. Actually, Vosges was featured on Food Network and that is how I found out about them. They have lots of different things and I guarantee you would find something you like.

They are the best chocolates ever...i love chocolate...love it love it love it

We will bring some to the BBQ for everyone to try :banana: :banana: :banana:

Don't get me started on the daggum snow Nascar. :mad:

This is just stupid...it took me 2 hours to get to work...you would think living in an area that snows all winter, you would be used to driving in it...i can't wait to move to TN...no snow...no traffic :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.