This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cluubias2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN! I've completed a spreadsheet that contains every major information about every US school. The excel contains a dropdown under each column that allows you to organize the data. For example, if you want to rate schools based on average accepted science GPA, select the drop down under that column and select "Sort Smallest to Largest". Under "YOUR STATS", type in your data, sort it, and you may compare your stats to the stats of enrolled students at those schools. There is also a small legend at the bottom that gives additional information.

To my Canadian friendsies, I apologize for not having your schools on here. I initially started making this so I could compare US schools easier. The ADEA guide contains much more information than this.

If there are any changes we could make to this, let me know! Here is a screenshot of the spreadsheet. Please give feedback as possible and I hope this helps applicants!
upload_2017-10-14_7-55-0.png

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Dental Schools Statistics.xlsx
    50.1 KB · Views: 9,190
Last edited:
Reactions: 103 users
dang. upstaging doc toothache with those sortable columns. I like how you included the prereqs. :thumbup:

Reactions: 1 users
dang. upstaging doc toothache with those sortable columns. I like how you included the prereqs. :thumbup:
Thanks! I made this to help applicants isolate schools of interest easier so they don't waste time and money.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That is a lot of work, well done! Also is anyone else surprised by how low a lot of the stats are? Cost must be deterring some solid applicants.
Yep. Everyone focuses so much in having 4.0 GPA and 30 on DAT that they forget students get accepted with low stats all the time when they have excellent extracurriculars.

Awesome guide!

I just wish ADEA would release more specifics about cost of living and stuff because obviously tuition and lab fees are concrete/non negotiable but things like food and accommodation varies soooo much.

Nova and Alabama have exact same GPAs and DATs across the board... An error on the ADEA book?

Thanks for the feedback. I'll double check this when I get a chance.
I just checked. Yes there are errors on the stats in Nova's school profile, but the back of the guide on page 363 has the right numbers (I think).

edit: Another thing, you should indicate that the Low and High GPAs are 5th and 95th percentiles respectively.

Great work with compiling the chart!

Reactions: 1 user
Nova and Alabama have exact same GPAs and DATs across the board... An error on the ADEA book?
Awesome noticing that! It's different from the individual school page. I've made the changes. Also added the "5th to 95th percentile" as request. New spreadsheet is up.

Members don't see this ad :)
NOT ALL HEROES WEAR CAPES!!! You da man, thanks so much for posting this!

Glad you all like it. Are there any changes you would like? Anything to add? Ways to simplify it?

This is awesome!!

Reactions: 2 users
A very neat job.
Thank you!

so someone got into howard with a 2.22 science gpa?? is that an error?

Great job, but just checked a few schools and it's different from the official ADEA guide book, seems out of date.

Thank you for sharing this! Merry Christmas!:banana::biglove::clap::bow::love::laugh:

Great job, but just checked a few schools and it's different from the official ADEA guide book, seems out of date.
I noticed some of the individual school pages information was slightly different than what is found in the back.

I noticed some of the individual school pages information was slightly different than what is found in the back.
Yea, I guess they report to the ADEA at a certain point in time but the student pool still changes sometime in between. But the overall picture is the same. This will definitely help students for the upcoming cycle.

THANK YOU so much for this!! does anyone know if the science gpa is BCP gpa or ALL Science GPA?

Bump. This is a year old but it will still be helpful for coming up with a school list.

Thanks very helpful! Will use this for the upcoming cycle

Hello SDN! I've completed a spreadsheet that contains every major information about every US school. The excel contains a dropdown under each column that allows you to organize the data. For example, if you want to rate schools based on average accepted science GPA, select the drop down under that column and select "Sort Smallest to Largest". Under "YOUR STATS", type in your data, sort it, and you may compare your stats to the stats of enrolled students at those schools. There is also a small legend at the bottom that gives additional information.

To my Canadian friendsies, I apologize for not having your schools on here. I initially started making this so I could compare US schools easier. The ADEA guide contains much more information than this.

If there are any changes we could make to this, let me know! Here is a screenshot of the spreadsheet. Please give feedback as possible and I hope this helps applicants!
View attachment 224393

I'm not able to open the attachment. Can you send it to me?

High and low means 95th and 5th percentile, respectively, correct?

Thanks very helpful! Will use this for the upcoming cycle
If someone could update it for the new cycle it would be awesome! Unfortunately I won't be buying the 2018 book or I would.

View attachment 224393
Bless your heart for compiling this. So helpful!

Thank you so much! Anyway I can compare two cells? like i want to find schools with a N on physics prereq + lowest cgpa

Thank you so much! Anyway I can compare two cells? like i want to find schools with a N on physics prereq + lowest cgpa

Unfortunately no. But you can organize by cGPA and look on the right to see which don't require physics.
This was from 2017 book so it may have changed. Double check with the school.

Unfortunately no. But you can organize by cGPA and look on the right to see which don't require physics.
This was from 2017 book so it may have changed. Double check with the school.

Okay. Quick question based on 00-17 stats do you think I should be worried about dental going corporate like pharmacy in the next 5-6 years?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I am new to this blog. This information will be helpful. Can anyone tell me how to calculate science GPA for applying Dental school. Is it only prerequisites (including Math,English or not) or all science subjects

Such a comprehensive overlook. I like how you can include your owns stats

Anyone have the newest Guidebook/explorer that'd be willing to update this (at least the averages), or work with me to post an updated version perhaps?

Someone posted a link the other day that had all the data from the company that collects this info for the ADA. I can’t find it but I remember it having like 20 tabs with a ton of stats

• Wow
Someone posted a link the other day that had all the data from the company that collects this info for the ADA. I can’t find it but I remember it having like 20 tabs with a ton of stats
Got it! Here it is for people, "Tab17". Average AA, TS, PAT, sGPA and oGPA for all US dental schools + Puerto Rico.

Attachments

• SDE2_2018-19.xlsx
    300.8 KB · Views: 962
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone have the newest Guidebook/explorer that'd be willing to update this (at least the averages), or work with me to post an updated version perhaps?
Hey @artist2022, I updated the existing Dental School Statistics Spreadsheet from this thread with all the info from this year's ADEA Dental School Explorer Guide. I also added several columns that didn't previously exist.I know its late in the cycle at this point, but I hope it helps others on their dental school journey!

Attachments

• Dental Schools Statistics SDN OCT_5_2019.xlsx
    404.7 KB · Views: 1,650
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Hey @artist2022, I updated the existing Dental School Statistics Spreadsheet from this thread with all the info from this year's ADEA Dental School Explorer Guide. I also added several columns that didn't previously exist.I know its late in the cycle at this point, but I hope it helps others on their dental school journey!

Great job, I really appreciate your work. By the way, did you take out the interviews and offers made columns?

Great job, I really appreciate your work. By the way, did you take out the interviews and offers made columns?
Yeah... unfortunately the interviews and interviewed offers made statistics were not included in the ADEA Explorer guide. Is there another source for that information? I would love to add it in.