Dental Schools that like Master's/Post Bacc Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StarsSunMoon3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am currently in a Master's program and will be applying to dental school this cycle. I have completed roughly 20 credits of graduate level classes and have a 4.0 GPA so far. I know some schools like Tufts like graduate students and matriculate a large percentage each year. Are there any other schools like that I should add to my list? Should I remove any? In no particular order, the schools I'm applying to are:

Boston
Nova
Temple
Tufts
Detroit Mercy
Maryland
VCU
Louisville (Maybe)
Touro
Howard
Western
New England

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Nova and Tufts have specifically said that they recruit from Rutgers Masters program. At university of michigan we have a good amount of students with a Masters degree as well

Hey everyone,

I am currently in a Master's program and will be applying to dental school this cycle. I have completed roughly 20 credits of graduate level classes and have a 4.0 GPA so far. I know some schools like Tufts like graduate students and matriculate a large percentage each year. Are there any other schools like that I should add to my list? Should I remove any? In no particular order, the schools I'm applying to are:

Boston
Nova
Temple
Tufts
Detroit Mercy
Maryland
VCU
Howard
Louisville
Touro

For Louisville, if you’re out of state make sure you establish a relationship with the admissions office. Often people will apply to Louisville bc it’s OOS friendly, but talking with them at ADEA events or emailing with Student Affairs will greatly increase your chance of an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
LECOM also has a Post Bac with a dental track. I did it this past year and am starting at their dental school next month.

Reactions: 1 user
For Louisville, if you’re out of state make sure you establish a relationship with the admissions office. Often people will apply to Louisville bc it’s OOS friendly, but talking with them at ADEA events or emailing with Student Affairs will greatly increase your chance of an interview.

What do you recommend that I email student affairs? That I'm interested? The ADEA events have passed, so emailing them is really my only option rn. Since the cycle has already begun, it's hard to develop a relationship at this point.

LECOM also has a Post Bac with a dental track. I did it this past year and am starting at their dental school next month.

Congrats on your acceptance! Unfortunately, LECOM hasn't accepted anyone from my Master's program in years :( But I heard that there is a new director so that may change.

Last edited:
What do you recommend that I email student affairs? That I'm interested? The ADEA events have passed, so emailing them is really my only option rn. Since the cycle has already begun, it's hard to develop a relationship at this point.

Good point. If you have already applied, then I don’t think you can get an advising appointment. If you haven’t submitted their app, I think you can try to call them and just ask about how you stack up.

BU reserves a solid amount of seats for graduates of their own Master's program, but I know people have done others. If you've done well, it well help you. Go wherever is cheapest/gives you the most money.

How many predentals were there this year and how many got in?