Did I screw up my SMP GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scoobydoo22

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am currently in a 1 year SMP and I got 2 B's this semester. My 4.0 dropped to a 3.6. I've very worried that schools will look at the badly. I can explain the drop because I was involved in a car accident in September that still causes me neck and back pain. Am I panicking for no reason? I feel so discouraged.

I applied this cycle and so far I have 2 interviews. I started the SMP in the summer so most schools don't have my summer or falls grades. I know my SMP gpa is much higher than my undergrad, but I feel like I screwed up. Is there anything else I can do?

Stats:
usGPA: 3.01
uGPA: 3.18

20AA/20TS/19PAT

Members don't see this ad.

If you got interviews without your masters GPA, I'm not sure what you're worried about. Your masters GPA is substantially higher so it just looks like a huge improvement.

Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile

Oh thank you! Some people told me if I have lower than a 3.8 in a SMP, then I won't get in. Thanks for reassuring me!

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't drop below 3.5 and you should be good. Thats what my smp program told me

My SMP as reported to AADSAS turned out to be like 3.48 or something (teacher literally cheated me out of 3 questions on the final causing me to get a lower class grad, affecting my entire gpa). Still had 7 interviews and 3 acceptances. Keep working hard and try to get all As to bring that GPA back up as high as possible but also don't freaking out about it.

Yeah, anything below a 3.5 is bad at the graduate level. Try to maintain maintaining a 3.6 and above from now on. IIRC when I submitted my graduate grades to AADSAS, my processed AADSAS grad GPA was significantly lower than what was reported by my grad school (We're talking a 0.1-0.15 point difference). If that's the case, your 3.6 is really like 3.45-3.55 range.
Yeah AADSAS processed my GPA as 3.571.

My SMP as reported to AADSAS turned out to be like 3.48 or something (teacher literally cheated me out of 3 questions on the final causing me to get a lower class grad, affecting my entire gpa). Still had 7 interviews and 3 acceptances. Keep working hard and try to get all As to bring that GPA back up as high as possible but also don't freaking out about it.
AADSAS processed my GPA as 3.571. So far in the cycle I've had 2 interviews and I am waiting to hear back from them. Haven't gotten an acceptance yet so I will wait and see. I will keep working hard and I plan on getting A's for the rest of the semester. I definitely was overreacting. I can't change the past, but I can strive to make my GPA as high as possible.