did pharmCAS calculate your GPA yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjj000111

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all
I submitted my pharmCAS app on 8/25/2015 but they haven't calculated my gpa yet.
Is there anyone who has your GPA calculated?
How long did it take?

Members don't see this ad.

I just got mine verified today! I submitted mine on 8.19

Reactions: 1 user
Submitted mine on Sept. 2nd, nothing yet. Expecting it to be a couple weeks, though hopefully not too long as I did early decision designation. Everything else is complete and has been received by PharmCAS so hopefully it will expedite the application a bit.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called and asked them lol since I submitted mine on 8/23

Anybody know how the Pearson practice test 4 is compared to the real pcat exam? I am scared because i scored in the 43-63 composite range.

Anybody know how the Pearson practice test 4 is compared to the real pcat exam? I am scared because i scored in the 43-63 composite range.
my PCAT was a lil bit harder than Pearson practice test 4.

Harder as in? were the questions more detailed for chem and bio. Was there a huge difference between PT-4 and real exam?

I don't know about the exact number of the practice test, but I took two of them in July and found that the PCAT was a little harder than the practice exams, but I scored better than I did on the practices tests.

Was Bio or Chem completely off from Pearson practice tests or more detailed?

Was Bio or Chem completely off from Pearson practice tests or more detailed?
It seemed that the general layout was pretty similar, but obviously they weren't the exact same questions. The Bio section had straightforward questions, then they had a couple passages that asked questions that were either related to the passage, or in my case, a couple that didn't even relate to any text in the passage. The Chem section seemed to be more focused to gen chem and organic, I only remember a few biochem questions being presented, and they were pretty straightforward. Sorry this is the best help I can offer.

In effort to not hijack this thread, I encourage you to reply to the many other threads regarding this topic! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone yet? Submitted my app on 8-21 and still nothing...

UGH, it's SOOOOOO close. I'm way too impatient to wait :arghh:

Just imagine how long the wait will be when the non-early decision applicants start putting in their apps. Huge rush I assume.

Excuse my French, but why the f**k is it taking them so long to verify?!?!

i know right =.= i'm broke but i would gladly pay more to make it faster if they let me =.=
Same here! I am also broke but would be more than happy to pay them to expedite the process... When did you send out your app?

anyone know what date they're on now? I didn't apply until 9/04 so i know ill have to wait a few more weeks but i'm just getting anxious

Same here! I am also broke but would be more than happy to pay them to expedite the process... When did you send out your app?
i submitted mine on Sept 1 so it's already been 2 weeks T_T how about you?

I called yesterday and was told that I was #30 in line to getting verified.

Do they base the 4-5 weeks processing time on when you submitted the application, or when they receive your transcripts? I e-submitted my application on 8-21, but they didn't post my transcripts to the application until 9-2. I'd be so mad if I have to wait even longer now :(

I also called PharmCAS earlier today. I submitted 9/1 and I was told it would be another 2-3 weeks before my app is verified. I think the PharmCAS rep said they were working on 8/21.

whoa! I hope the early decision schools will have time to send out interview invites! :(

Shouldnt they do the ED applicants first? or is that what theyre doing?

Well that gives me hope if ur #30 since I submitted 8/23

Just an update, my GPA has been calculated and my application was verified as of yesterday 9/15. I submitted my app on 9/2. I had all my transcripts in by the beginning of August though which may have been why it didn't take as long. Who knows, good luck to everyone!

How does it take them one whole week to verify one day's worth of applicants this is crazy

I know, this is killing me. Been almost 4 weeks and still nothing....

I wonder if paying them to enter the transcripts helps get you verified faster.

Finally got everything verified today!!! Submitted 8-21.

Reactions: 1 users
Just an update, my GPA has been calculated and my application was verified as of yesterday 9/15. I submitted my app on 9/2. I had all my transcripts in by the beginning of August though which may have been why it didn't take as long. Who knows, good luck to everyone!
Wow that's awesome that yours got verified so quickly! I also submitted mine on 9/2 and my transcripts were received in mid-August. I hope that means that my app will get verified sometime soon. Although I called today and they said they are working on 8/21-8/24 as of today...

Wow that's awesome that yours got verified so quickly! I also submitted mine on 9/2 and my transcripts were received in mid-August. I hope that means that my app will get verified sometime soon. Although I called today and they said they are working on 8/21-8/24 as of today...
Yeah, I don't know why mine got to jump the line but I'm not complaining! Maybe because I'm early decision, but I would think most people are if they're applying this early.

Just an update, I just had my GPA calculated and verified today (9/16). They received my transcript on 7/29, but I didn't submit the PharmCAS app until 9/3, so I don't know how their verification process works since the customer rep claims that they are still working on 8/21-8/24. Good luck to everyone though and I hope you get your GPAs done in a timely fashion!

That makes no sense they got my transcripts on 8/11 and I submitted on 8/23 and still no GPA verification for me

I'm assuming the priority is -- to a certain degree -- based on the date the transcript was received.

Smmmmh even when I call they dont give me a straight answer. Just that different scenarios put people in different applicant pools.

Smmmmh even when I call they dont give me a straight answer. Just that different scenarios put people in different applicant pools.

Yeah, it sounded awfully like a canned response and I'm sure I was the thousandth person to call and ask about verification status. Keep us updated on your GPA verification though!

Yeah, it sounded awfully like a canned response and I'm sure I was the thousandth person to call and ask about verification status. Keep us updated on your GPA verification though!

Thanks donny

Mine was verified today. Submitted 9/3. Transcripts arrived at pharmCAS 7/31.