DIY post-bacc @UNE vs online UNECOM program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

astrostellar

Eternal Pre-Med
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I understand the UNECOM online postbacc pre-reqs are fairly well-regarded. However, I've honestly been looking for an excuse to move back to Maine for a little bit (I'm native to Maine and actually was accepted to UNE for undergrad in 2009 and didn't go... worst decision), and I was wondering if anybody had an opinions/experiences taking non-matriculated post-bacc courses at UNE instead of doing their online program. Does it look that strange? I also wanted to make some real-world connections while I'm out there.

(I was also looking at this because with a full online program, I can't draw full GI bill benefits. Dat $$, though.)

Thoughts?
 
Although this doesn't answer your question, the best advice I can give you is don't waste your GI bill on a post-bacc. Save it for medical school. If you have no money, then work and do the post-bacc at a cheap CC in person.

Whether online coursework makes sense depends on info you have not provided. If you already have BA/BS from a non-online school with a respectable GPA, a few online pre-reqs probably won't hurt you. If you did your BA/BS online in the military, or you have a weak GPA from your BA/BS, then getting good grades in a traditional classroom setting will likely benefit your application when compared to online coursework.

With all of that said, I think anyone should be reluctant to do ALL of their pre-reqs online. Every now and then you here of someone who did it and was admitted, but they typically have a good reason. The one case that stands out in mind is a guy who was stationed in Korea for two years and did all his work through UNE. He didn't have an alternative though.