DMU-COM Discussion thread 2007-2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Definitely, I"m glad to have till December too. Definitely keep us posted on what you decide to do ;)

Members don't see this ad.

T-funk I know. I'm optimistic, but my numbers are so weird that it is just hard to know what anyone is going to think of me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, team! I'm officially in too! Yay. =)

complete since sept 17th...still waiting..come on #1 choice!!!!!gotta work tomorrow morning....blows

hey all of you who got accepted, congrats. and good luck to ones who are interviewing.

i have a question for the ladies here. when u interviewed at DMU, what did u wear? is it appropriate to wear a cardigan/buttoned shirt/pants? or a suit is a must?

lemme know plz
thnx!

Everyone at my interview day was in a suit except for one older lady.. She was in just a cardigan.. I couldn't say if she was accepted or not..

Same thing my interview day....all suits

been complete since 9/17....tomorrow marks 3 weeks!!! i should hear soon...

been complete since 9/17....tomorrow marks 3 weeks!!! i should hear soon...

If you're anxiously waiting your results, you can definitely give the admissions people a call. They are very friendly and will let you know if the Dean of COM is still making the decision or whether or not you've been accepted. They will not mind you calling, especially 3 weeks after your interview. Good luck.

If you're anxiously waiting your results, you can definitely give the admissions people a call. They are very friendly and will let you know if the Dean of COM is still making the decision or whether or not you've been accepted. They will not mind you calling, especially 3 weeks after your interview. Good luck.

I'm guessing since UC said 3 weeks since being complete that it's still pre-interview. When is it okay to call then?

Members don't see this ad :)
UCDavisdude is talking about 3 weeks from being complete. I know because I was complete around the same time, and I am anticipating hearing from them sometime this week.

UCDavisdude is talking about 3 weeks from being complete. I know because I was complete around the same time, and I am anticipating hearing from them sometime this week.

So, you're waiting to hear if you got an interview or a rejection?

Did DMU say that it would take 3 weeks for the committee to meet and make a decision? Sometimes schools will keep your file open, but not make a decision the first or second time they meet so it could take a lot longer (this is what I've been told my a couple of schools).

DMU e-mails you when you are complete and says that you will hear something within 30 days but it seems to take about 3 weeks.

hey everyone. yeah, im just waiting on an interview. opened my inbox today, but nothin.....i cant take this anymore!i guess ill watch some curb ur enthusiasm to pass some time b4 i check again.

DMU e-mails you when you are complete and says that you will hear something within 30 days but it seems to take about 3 weeks.

Thanks t-funk! I went back and checked the email and it does say 30 days . . I missed that when I read it the first time :)

That means that I should hear something by Friday :eek: I really hope it's not another rejection :(

Ahhhhhh! I just got an interview invite for 11/16! I'm soooo excited! I can't believe it! I was complete on 9/21 and got the invite today :D

This is my first interview invite!

just found out i got rejected pre-interview. really sucks because i really wanted to go here. found out via email. i emailed em and asked my status and was replied::your decision came back today and they have decided not to grant you an interview."ive lost all hope

Sorry about that, DavisDude..keep trying, you'll end up somewhere!

In other news, I got my bumper sticker in the mail today..that's a nice touch =)

I'm sorry, UC!

Don't give up hope -- you'll get in someplace! It's still very early in the cycle.

just found out i got rejected pre-interview. really sucks because i really wanted to go here. found out via email. i emailed em and asked my status and was replied::your decision came back today and they have decided not to grant you an interview."ive lost all hope

I'm sorry to hear that. :( Like the other posters have said, it's still early on in the game and you still have a bunch of schools to hear from, right?

I truly wish you the best and I'll be thinking good thoughts for you. :luck:

Sending my California love to ya :love:

thanks everyone. i went to starbucks to try to get some work done, but i just couldnt focus. it was really bothering me. oh well.heres to hoping for the best!

Just got the interview invite for Nov 16th :) I called them yesterday because I hadn't heard anything back since i submitted my application aug 30th! The lady told me that my application was given to the wrong office by accident and they will review it asap...and i guess they did cause i got the interview offer today :) So my advice is that if you have been waiting for 3+ weeks, its good to give them a call and check on your status!
Best of luck to everyone :luck:

congrats everyone! did anyone get an e-mail with earlier invitation dates? I think they had dates as close as 18th of October.

btw, I was complete on 19th of Sept.

Just got the interview invite for Nov 16th :) I called them yesterday because I hadn't heard anything back since i submitted my application aug 30th! The lady told me that my application was given to the wrong office by accident and they will review it asap...and i guess they did cause i got the interview offer today :) So my advice is that if you have been waiting for 3+ weeks, its good to give them a call and check on your status!
Best of luck to everyone :luck:

yey! Looks like I'll be interviewing with you! Where are you coming from?

congrats everyone! did anyone get an e-mail with earlier invitation dates? I think they had dates as close as 18th of October.

btw, I was complete on 19th of Sept.

I only received 1 email and it just listed my date as November 16th.

Im going to be one of your student tour guides on friday oct 12. If anyone has questions about DMU or des moines in general you can pm. Oh and its taco salad day in the cafe so come hungry!

Yeah, DMU does that...but let me tell you that the interview is not an automatic acceptance...last year, only half those interviewed were accepted...so they might not get the secondary yet, or the DO letter, but those will still factor in, after the interview..good luck:thumbup:

REALLY? Well, that's a bit scary considering that according to the US News book, for entering class 2003, of 617 interviewed 541 were accepted while 201 enrolled. Hmm...have things changed that much in 3 years?

REALLY? Well, that's a bit scary considering that according to the US News book, for entering class 2003, of 617 interviewed 541 were accepted while 201 enrolled. Hmm...have things changed that much in 3 years?

thats for 2003 though. this is the 2008 cycle!

Yes...I attended a lecture by the Dean during family weekend events, and from what I can remember, a liitle less than half interviewed were not accepted (but I am sure exactly if that counted those who matriculated somewhere else...), but the point is that DMU is one of the more competitive DO schools out there. In 2003 the average gpa was around 3.5 and mcat 25, fast forward to 2007 and the gpa is now 3.64 and the mcat right around 27....I cant even imagine how it will be in the next 3 years????

hey guys, how does DMU rank comaring to other DO or MD schools?

I've been complete now since 9/21. When I call, I get the "your file is complete, and that means it is under review by the admissions committee, which takes 30 days"

I still call like every other day. I hope this girl Alana in the admissions office doesn't think I'm a stalker.

I've been complete now since 9/21. When I call, I get the "your file is complete, and that means it is under review by the admissions committee, which takes 30 days"

I still call like every other day. I hope this girl Alana in the admissions office doesn't think I'm a stalker.

lol. i emailed with my soc sec and aacomas id. try that next time.they responded with my rejection in about an hour.

It seems that I officially have yet to be rejected or invited.

This is driving me nuts. I know two docs from this school, and for whatever reason, I am enamored with them. Yet I am still "under review... this may take up to 30 days"

But people on here who have been complete for about the same amount of time as me are already hearing from them. 3 weeks as of today, and still under review.

I'm waiting on a letter from an MD or DO to finish my application for DMU
i've already sent in the secondary with fee and everything
you guys think if i just send in my science LORs that I may get an interview and be put on hold until the other letter comes in?

Hey guys, does anyone have a percentage chart where DMU grads get matched? How about average board scores?

Hey guys, does anyone have a percentage chart where DMU grads get matched? How about average board scores?

They give out a match list at the interview. I'm not going to transcribe the entire thing, but I was impressed.

I'm going to lose my mind. I was complete on Sept. 21, and I am still under review with the admissions committee. I just called for like the ten-thousandth time.

I don't even know why I like this school so much. I've only been to Iowa once, and I was just driving through, on the way to Nebraska for a football game (UT-Nebraska, Chris Simms threw for 400+ and Rod Babers picked off a pass in the end zone at the end to seal the victory for the Horns). And it was the middle of the night, and I almost hit a deer with my buddy's car.

I'm going to lose my mind. I was complete on Sept. 21, and I am still under review with the admissions committee. I just called for like the ten-thousandth time.

I don't even know why I like this school so much. I've only been to Iowa once, and I was just driving through, on the way to Nebraska for a football game (UT-Nebraska, Chris Simms threw for 400+ and Rod Babers picked off a pass in the end zone at the end to seal the victory for the Horns). And it was the middle of the night, and I almost hit a deer with my buddy's car.

I was complete for over a month before they sent me an invite. They say in the email to expect word within 30 days but it took them about 40 to get back to me. Just give them some time.

What is making me antsy is that there were people on here who were complete around the same time as me who got interview invites a week ago.

What is making me antsy is that there were people on here who were complete around the same time as me who got interview invites a week ago.

The same thing happened to me. Just be patient my friend.