DO Match List Thread 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Really? Is EM really in that bad of a place right now?

The job market is bad but I don’t think it would be evident in terms of residency competitiveness just yet, maybe next year or the year after but the 4th years who were applying didn’t really know the job market was that bad or going to be that bad when they applied last year, I doubt that many people would completely change their specialty that they applied into/got letters for etc at the very last second. EM is still relatively competitive, it might change next year and the years after as people realize this problem.
It's in a very bad place. This is different than the ebbs and flows of previous market changes like radiology and anesthesia etc, because they did not drastically increase their spots. As a matter of fact, EM just increased their spots over the last 5 years by >900, which is the amount of entire radiology spots alone. We now have 2850 matching every year and new programs are slated to open next year as well. EM is awesome, but I can't recommend it.
No, because they have emergency departments just about everywhere. You might have to take a job in a place you don’t like, but that’s better than no job at all (maybe not to some idiots)
Wrong you forget that realistically, the only place EM docs can work is the ED/FSEDs and there's a very limited amount compared to FM/IM opening up clinics wherever they want. Urgent cares are an option, but are usually flooded with low-level providers already killing patients so there's no spots because they're cheaper too. Fellowships are a dead end except CCM, but that's getting hit hard by everyone leaving EM and places hiring NPs to float nights and kill patients. Palliative/pain are options, but extremely competitive and not very EM friendly.

Right now, most of the only jobs available right now are rural places that have essentially no acuity or volume. There's a few "larger" towns with some volume, but that's what most people are taking right now and myself. Don't expect these to be around even two years from now. Taking a job at a rural shop that sees 1pph or less is a career killer. You'll have severe skill atrophy and be unhirable if anything opens up at a larger center.

Also, you have no idea what you're talking about. Did you apply to EM jobs this year or the last couple years med student?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users
There were 5400 DO grads in 2015 and 7100 DO grads this year. With a 25% increase in graduates, I would like to see at least 25% more ortho matches or about 135 matches this year.
Brand new schools like the four that have their first graduations this year aren't likely to be producing Ortho caliber grads for a while.

Reactions: 3 users
It's in a very bad place. This is different than the ebbs and flows of previous market changes like radiology and anesthesia etc, because they did not drastically increase their spots. As a matter of fact, EM just increased their spots over the last 5 years by >900, which is the amount of entire radiology spots alone. We now have 2850 matching every year and new programs are slated to open next year as well. EM is awesome, but I can't recommend it.

Wrong you forget that realistically, the only place EM docs can work is the ED/FSEDs and there's a very limited amount compared to FM/IM opening up clinics wherever they want. Urgent cares are an option, but are usually flooded with low-level providers already killing patients so there's no spots because they're cheaper too. Fellowships are a dead end except CCM, but that's getting hit hard by everyone leaving EM and places hiring NPs to float nights and kill patients. Palliative/pain are options, but extremely competitive and not very EM friendly.

Right now, most of the only jobs available right now are rural places that have essentially no acuity or volume. There's a few "larger" towns with some volume, but that's what most people are taking right now and myself. Don't expect these to be around even two years from now. Taking a job at a rural shop that sees 1pph or less is a career killer. You'll have severe skill atrophy and be unhirable if anything opens up at a larger center.

Also, you have no idea what you're talking about. Did you apply to EM jobs this year or the last couple years med student?

One of our ER Residents was over for dinner yesterday and said his whole department is tripping balls about the current job market and that the influx of new residents means that it isn’t going away anytime soon if ever

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for being available to help those applying in the future.

As said in my original post to those reading, this is the person’s app you want to emulate. I personally read nearly 500 apps this year (150 ish DO and 300-350 MD) including their letters and personal statements because 1. I am psychotic and 2. want to go into academics so I care about this stuff and the GW ortho app reigns supreme over all the DO apps and I can’t think of an MD app that would be better either.
Where can I find the app? Tried looking over reddit but can't find anything

Where can I find the app? Tried looking over reddit but can't find anything
You cannot find my application online just basic stats and this is the old Reddit thread link.

I’m pretty transparent about my application so DM me and I’ll share what you wanna know.

Reactions: 7 users
This is probably against the spirit of this thread, but for fields like IM, what really is the difference between different University programs? Like I see people in this thread calling match lists "disappointing" because there are only one or two big name matches. Obviously matching at a more famous and established program is great, but we should really consider the end result of residency. The salary of someone who trained at some top IM program and someone who trained at some other random university program is probably the same. Patients usually don't really care or even know much about different residency training programs so it's not like it matters in that regards. If you want to do academics it could be a factor, I suppose. Prestige may be a factor? But who cares about that honestly (if you do then, you do you). There may be some differences in training, but from talking to most of my contacts in big name programs and smaller programs they all say the same thing: you will be well trained at most programs regardless of the name, and if it's an academic/university program then this statement is even more true. This isn't to discourage anyone from working their hardest to match at the best place possible, but lets not take it to an extreme. It can be unhealthy, especially for those 1st and 2nd years who read these threads and will get nervous that they won't match at John Hopkins for IM and therefore be a failure.

Reactions: 7 users
This is probably against the spirit of this thread, but for fields like IM, what really is the difference between different University programs? Like I see people in this thread calling match lists "disappointing" because there are only one or two big name matches. Obviously matching at a more famous and established program is great, but we should really consider the end result of residency. The salary of someone who trained at some top IM program and someone who trained at some other random university program is probably the same. Patients usually don't really care or even know much about different residency training programs so it's not like it matters in that regards. If you want to do academics it could be a factor, I suppose. Prestige may be a factor? But who cares about that honestly (if you do then, you do you). There may be some differences in training, but from talking to most of my contacts in big name programs and smaller programs they all say the same thing: you will be well trained at most programs regardless of the name, and if it's an academic/university program then this statement is even more true. This isn't to discourage anyone from working their hardest to match at the best place possible, but lets not take it to an extreme. It can be unhealthy, especially for those 1st and 2nd years who read these threads and will get nervous that they won't match at John Hopkins for IM and therefore be a failure.
I care lol but thats just bc im applying IM and i like seeing my DO homies break glass ceilings at namebrand/top tier places. Its kind of frustrating as well to see DOs with legit perfect/flawless apps get beat out by avg to below avg MD applicants so its about time some of these places take chances on these DO superstars-its starting to happen just slowly. Sorry if this sounds arrogant or off-putting lol

Reactions: 1 users
I care lol but thats just bc im applying IM and i like seeing my DO homies break glass ceilings at namebrand/top tier places. Its kind of frustrating as well to see DOs with legit perfect/flawless apps get beat out by avg to below avg MD applicants so its about time some of these places take chances on these DO superstars-its starting to happen just slowly. Sorry if this sounds arrogant or off-putting lol

I'm applying IM too and I feel you. But we've always known there's a bias against DOs, it's nothing new. My post was more about the following two points: 1) where you train, to an extent, isn't really that big of a deal because most residencies will adequately prepare you to practice in your field, 2) MS1s and MS2s reading these threads might get the impression that it's absolutely necessary to train at these brand name or top tier places to get good training, I know that's how I felt when I would read these for the past two years. It's only now on my clinicals and talking to residents of various backgrounds that I've realized that's not true at all.

Reactions: 2 users
There is almost zero difference between the knowledge you’re going to leave residency between different programs. The difference in knowledge comes into play when it comes to the most up-to-date treatments and skill in bread and butter cases vs zebras;

Bigger name places have more money and are able to be on the cutting edge, which is why research is important to them. They’re also going to treat rarer diseases using crazy drugs and methods you’ve never heard of outside of those walls. Not every day but often enough to make it feel like it matters.

Smaller name places are going to be better at training you to treat what you’re going to see on a day-to-day basis, because they have less money and are shipping out the rare/ complicated stuff.

The tradeoff comes to what you want to do later in life. If you want to always be on the cutting edge and are a research-focused person then academics is for you. If you’re more focused on living your best life with your main focus being outside of medicine, community is for you.

IMO cross-training is easier when you come from a smaller name place than a bigger name place unless it’s a county-focused program that happens to be famous; It’s going to take less time to train someone who knows bread and butter like the back of their hand on specific diseases than it is going to be to train someone who is hyper specialized to take care of 5-10 break and butter conditions if they switch their focus after residency. I always like to bring up the surgeon I was with on my core rotation during third year; They trained at a “top 10” program and could plate ribs in an unreal time frame. But ask them to take out a gal bladder or appendix and it was a bloody mess that took hours.
What about if I want to do GI or cards, then university IM(of any tier) is the way to go, I generally agree with you tho!

Reactions: 1 user
What about if I want to do GI or cards, then university IM(of any tier) is the way to go, I generally agree with you tho!

Yes, that is true. But the original post I made, which this was replying to, was regarding different levels of university IM programs, not comparing community to university. But you could also match into GI or Cards from a community program if you have the right connections and your program helps you out a lot (obviously it would be tougher than an academic institution)

I'm applying IM too and I feel you. But we've always known there's a bias against DOs, it's nothing new. My post was more about the following two points: 1) where you train, to an extent, isn't really that big of a deal because most residencies will adequately prepare you to practice in your field, 2) MS1s and MS2s reading these threads might get the impression that it's absolutely necessary to train at these brand name or top tier places to get good training, I know that's how I felt when I would read these for the past two years. It's only now on my clinicals and talking to residents of various backgrounds that I've realized that's not true at all.
You're taking the higher road and I applaud you for it lol sometimes I get too obsessed with prestige and im not proud of myself

If you want to do GI or cards then 1000% shoot for university IM it just increases your chances because of access to more research and resources. Hitting up a community program if your plan is GI is probably not smart if you are competitive enough for academic/uni IM. Can you match GI coming from a community program? definitely but why have an uphill battle if you don't need to.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, that is true. But the original post I made, which this was replying to, was regarding different levels of university IM programs, not comparing community to university. But you could also match into GI or Cards from a community program if you have the right connections and your program helps you out a lot (obviously it would be tougher than an academic institution)
Going to University of Florida vs Georgetown is not a big deal. Going to Emory vs a community program is a big deal especially if you are applying GI. GI is just so competitive these days its crazy. Sorry everyone for not staying on topic

Reactions: 3 users
Where are all the match lists? page 10 of this board last year had a S***t load of match lists posted already. The MD board has a ton of match lists already.

Where are all the match lists? page 10 of this board last year had a S***t load of match lists posted already. The MD board has a ton of match lists already.
DO schools take a long time to get them out. This is a well known fact. So chill.

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 13 users
Yea pre merger those super star DO’s would have most likely been at those DO spots via the aoa match...
As far as expansion I can’t imagine how it will be in 3-4 years, it’s not sustainable unless there is an increase in GME spots, I heard a rumor that Congress was gonna pass a bill for that idk...
They did pass a bill for 1000 spots with the middle COVID stimulus. However that money can goto previous residency spots that were already made but not federally funded. And it’s geared towards rural community hospitals. It was more than expected tho.

Well there were 16 this year. Think 3 years ago only 4 DOs matched ortho and this year there were 107. Gotta cross our fingers that the gaps will slowly close over the next several years!
They are likely all former AOA, the good news is our former residencies know that we have almost no shot and are therefore highly biased towards DO.

A lot of MD schools posted their 2021 match lists publicly after the match day on Friday. No DO schools post theirs yet. The only DO school match lists are unofficial and only collected from the match day virtual ceremonies. Do anyone know why?
Got to give everyone a chance to match. They delay as long as possible to say they have the highest ‘match’ (I.e. placement) rate they can.

Reactions: 4 users
Found some more from KCUs match video on youtube that you missed:

DR - 1 at UMKC

Psych- 1 at TriStar Nashville/HCA, 1 at Uni of SC/Prisma Health, Henry Ford Allegiance Health, 1 Walter Reed Bethesda MD, 1 Mercy Med Center Des Moines, 1 St Mary Mercy Livonia MI, 1 UCF Gainesville FL, 1 Unity Health Searcy AR,

OBGYN - 1 at Walter Reed Bethesda MD, 1 OSU Tulsa OK,

EM - 1 more Freeman Joplin (2 total matches there), 1 at Kent Hospital RI, 1 at Ascension Macomb Warren MI, 1 at memorial Health in Marietta OH, 1 at Oklahoma State University, 1 at Aventura Hospital Miami, 1 at Henry Ford Macomb, 1 more Western Michigan Uni (2 total), 1 St. Agnes Med Cent Fresno CA, 1 more St Barnabas (2 total), 1 HCA Medical City Arlington TX, 1 CHRISTUS Health TX, 1 more at HCA Houston (2 total), 1 at Henry Ford Allegiance, 1 Integris Health OKC,

FM - 1 at U Colorado/Swedish Aurora CO, 1 at Northwester McGaw, 1 at UMKC (2 total), 1 at Baylor COM Houston, 1 Mayo Clinic Rochester MN,

Aerospace Fam Med (didnt know this was a thing lol) - Nellis AFB Las Vegas

IM -1 at UCSF-fresno, 1 at Uni of Louisville, 1 at Rowan University, 1 Alameda Health/Highland Oakland CA, 1 at Loma Linda

Peds - 1 University of Minnesota, 1 Uni of new Mexico, 1 Uni of Oklahoma, 1 Palm Beach Consortium, 1 more at SLU (2 total)

Gas- 1 Sunrise Health Las Vegas, 1 Naval Medical Center San Diego

Gen Surg - 1 Marshfield Clinic WI, 1 Garden City Hospital MI, 1 Madigan Army Medial Center Tacoma WA,

Path - 1 Uni of Alabama

Urology - 1 at MSU Mt Clemens (3 total uro matches)

ALSO, correction on the Derm match: it is at USF Morsani/Largo FL (not Larkin)
is this just the kansas city campus? does anyone have joplin's list :)

Not true. The official numbers though will be coming out soon.
Im not sure what the CO campus does, but since its the first UT match I think it’d be a powerful precedent if you included match rate (as in pre-soap), and placement rate after the SOAP. Many DO schools do not publish this information, and I think students have a right to know what their chances of having to go through the blood bath that is the SOAP looks like.

Im not sure what the CO campus does, but since its the first UT match I think it’d be a powerful precedent if you included match rate (as in pre-soap), and placement rate after the SOAP. Many DO schools do not publish this information, and I think students have a right to know what their chances of having to go through the blood bath that is the SOAP looks like.

4th years at RVU are saying that ~45 students had to SOAP, with at least 30 of those being UT. They are welcome to prove me wrong, but I expect a deafening silence followed by vague posts that gloss over the pre-SOAP match rate.

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
There is almost zero difference between the knowledge you’re going to leave residency between different programs. The difference in knowledge comes into play when it comes to the most up-to-date treatments and skill in bread and butter cases vs zebras;

Bigger name places have more money and are able to be on the cutting edge, which is why research is important to them. They’re also going to treat rarer diseases using crazy drugs and methods you’ve never heard of outside of those walls. Not every day but often enough to make it feel like it matters.

Smaller name places are going to be better at training you to treat what you’re going to see on a day-to-day basis, because they have less money and are shipping out the rare/ complicated stuff.

The tradeoff comes to what you want to do later in life. If you want to always be on the cutting edge and are a research-focused person then academics is for you. If you’re more focused on living your best life with your main focus being outside of medicine, community is for you.

IMO cross-training is easier when you come from a smaller name place than a bigger name place unless it’s a county-focused program that happens to be famous; It’s going to take less time to train someone who knows bread and butter like the back of their hand on specific diseases than it is going to be to train someone who is hyper specialized to take care of 5-10 break and butter conditions if they switch their focus after residency. I always like to bring up the surgeon I was with on my core rotation during third year; They trained at a “top 10” program and could plate ribs in an unreal time frame. But ask them to take out a gal bladder or appendix and it was a bloody mess that took hours.

Respectfully disagree with this statement.

Lots of bigger, university programs also have rotations in county hospitals so you also see a lot of bread and butter. What you get out of residency at a bigger place is more broad exposure and yes, definitely better training. You don't need to do 3 years of community hospital to understand how to treat CHF and COPD exacerbations, you just don't.

Respectfully disagree with this statement.

Lots of bigger, university programs also have rotations in county hospitals so you also see a lot of bread and butter. What you get out of residency at a bigger place is more broad exposure and yes, definitely better training. You don't need to do 3 years of community hospital to understand how to treat CHF and COPD exacerbations, you just don't.
I got a bit long winded with that comment since I was drinking lol. I need to stop doing that.

Long story short though, which I guess I was trying to get at in regards to the surgeon, was that there are definitely places where your day to day skills get neglected in favor of “cooler” or more niche skills.

I got a bit long winded with that comment since I was drinking lol. I need to stop doing that.

Long story short though, which I guess I was trying to get at in regards to the surgeon, was that there are definitely places where your day to day skills get neglected in favor of “cooler” or more niche skills.
I get what you’re saying. And there is some truth to some places being too highly specialized for the real world. But that’s really rare. The best training is at large tertiary care centers.

• Hmm
I get what you’re saying. And there is some truth to some places being too highly specialized for the real world. But that’s really rare. The best training is at large tertiary care centers.
I think I generally agree with this, if you are calling University affiliates tertiary care. A couple in our area are excellent. University programs will see more oddball cases, but you don't have to see a case of Wilson's Disease to understand it. Small programs will still provide very good training. You still have to take In Training exams and pass boards. Common things are common and every resident needs to thoroughly understand them and how to manage them. You can do this at community programs.

I think I generally agree with this, if you are calling University affiliates tertiary care. A couple in our area are excellent. University programs will see more oddball cases, but you don't have to see a case of Wilson's Disease to understand it. Small programs will still provide very good training. You still have to take In Training exams and pass boards. Common things are common and every resident needs to thoroughly understand them and how to manage them. You can do this at community programs.
Many community programs are tertiary referral centers as well.

Yes, I think we are talking about the same thing. One University affiliate in our area is a level 1 trauma center and does heart and liver transplant, but many might consider it a community program since it is not a University Hospital.

I think that’s the key point. I do believe the training is weaker at programs at hospitals that have to ship many complex pathologies/conditions out because they don’t have the resources to treat them.

I don’t mean a place where that 1/1000000000 rare case that needs a super specialist so they ship that, but there are training programs at hospitals without neurosurgery coverage so they don’t see those types of traumas, no in house urologist, etc. I definitely think the training is weaker at these places. There are many good community programs that do complex care and I don’t think the training is any different than at a large university hospital.

Reactions: 8 users

I am glad someone finally said it. I’ve been really holding back commenting in here everytime I read about these match lists being “disappointing”. More so because of things already stated in regards to choosing lower tier programs based off location and those commenting not having been through the process. As someone whose significant other applied to IM this year it isn’t incredibly easy to break into higher tier programs. With an incredible application (250s, SSP, pubs, crazy good work experience, great volunteer work) out of the 90+ apps only received 3 in the top 30 and ultimately chose somewhere close to home in the higher parts of the lists. If prestige is your worry I don’t think DO school is where you are going to find it. I am so proud of where everyone matched regardless if it was a community program or a university as I know how hard everyone has worked to reach those goal. If you are able to break those glass ceilings than more power to you!

Last edited:
Reactions: 19 users
4th years at RVU are saying that ~45 students had to SOAP, with at least 30 of those being UT. They are welcome to prove me wrong, but I expect a deafening silence followed by vague posts that gloss over the pre-SOAP match rate.
This guy is gonna come back and be like "we had a 90% match rate*** so suck it you were wrong and slandering the school." I can just feel it in my bones.

**Please note that only unethical douchebags at DO schools purposefully use the term match rate to mean a bunch of things beyond, you know, actually freaking matching during the match. Pathetic.

Reactions: 9 users
Since the merger has happened, I really don't think DO schools should be taking as long as they historically have to create their match lists. It's not like the former days where there were hundreds of unfilled AOA primary care spots that could be scrambled into.

Reactions: 4 users
Wtf is going on with RVU? I thought they were one of the better DO schools especially in regards to matching. Forget about the UT campus, I'm talking about Colorado. 15 kids had to SOAP?!

15 is probably less than or around 10% which honestly isn't terrible for a DO school imo. Lots of this can be attributed to students overshooting their shot or not applying broad enough. The school could mitigate this with better advising. However, some students refuse to listen to advice or logic and think they are the exception.
Wtf is going on with RVU? I thought they were one of the better DO schools especially in regards to matching. Forget about the UT campus, I'm talking about Colorado. 15 kids had to SOAP?

Reactions: 10 users
I think it's more probable that BOTH played a roll. But in reality there were like 8,000 more spots than US applicants and clearly IMG match rate took the biggest hit (meaning less spots were going to IMGs this year). So I think interview maldistribution, programs taking more home/local students, limited audition (which in the past were basically free interviews) played a larger roll at the end of than increase in applicants.
I get the feeling that a lot of DOs/MDs matched at places that traditionally took IMGs.

I might get myself in trouble for elaborating. But suffice it to say, I’m not shocked.
But really I want to know.... cause ahh... I might be next

Surprised no one mentioned the match rate dropping for DOs to 89% and that no one is publishing the overall placement rate after SOAP. We did worse this year, make no mistake.
“Of the expanded applicant pool, a total of 89.1% of the 7,101 (a 7.9% increase from last year) DO students matched into residency programs in 39 specialties, which represents a modest increase in specialty areas, compared to last year’s first combined Match.

Final placement numbers, including residencies secured through the NRMP’s Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program (SOAP), will not be available until May, but the percentage of secured residencies is expected to align with the 99% rate reported in 2020.”

lol at the last comment, they know they are available now, but it’s lower than they want to admit.

Surprised no one mentioned the match rate dropping for DOs to 89% and that no one is publishing the overall placement rate after SOAP. We did worse this year, make no mistake.
“Of the expanded applicant pool, a total of 89.1% of the 7,101 (a 7.9% increase from last year) DO students matched into residency programs in 39 specialties, which represents a modest increase in specialty areas, compared to last year’s first combined Match.

Final placement numbers, including residencies secured through the NRMP’s Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program (SOAP), will not be available until May, but the percentage of secured residencies is expected to align with the 99% rate reported in 2020.”

lol at the last comment, they know they are available now, but it’s lower than they want to admit.
MD seniors also did worst this year as well though.

Their applicant pool of 19,866 was an increase by 2.8%, and their match rate was 92.8% which is 1% lower than last year.

Reactions: 6 users

USMD and DO match rate both dropped 1-1.5% this year. Also post SOAP placement rates almost never come out until like May.

I haven't been on SDN in a minute. But just wanted to say that I'm so incredibly proud of my classmates this year! Here is PCOM-PA's match list!

Attachments

• PCOM 032621.pdf
    158.4 KB · Views: 567
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
CCOM:
Match rate was 93.6%, and placement was 96.5%

Anesthesiology (11)
Cleveland Clinic Foundation
Cook County Health and Hosps.
Grand Strand Reg Med Ctr.
Henry Ford Hospital
ISMMS Mount Sinai Morningside-West
Johns Hopkins Hosp.
Loyola Univ. Med. Center
Medical College of Georgia
U Massachusetts Med School
U Texas HSC-San Antonio
Baystate Med Center

Dermatology (3)
HMH-Palisades Medical Center
Larkin Community Hospital Palm Springs Campus
St. Joseph Mercy- Livingston

EM (25)
University Hosps Osteopathic Consortium
Akron Gen Med Ctr/NEOMED
Amita Resurrection Med. Ctr.(3)
Aventura Hospital
Case Western/Univ Hosps Cleveland Med Ctr
Grand Strand Regional Medical Center
Henry Ford Allegiance Health
Loyola Univ Med Ctr
Promedica Monroe Reg Hosp
Riverside University Health System
Spectrum Health Lakeland(3)
Swedish Covenant Hosp(3)
U Illinois COM Chicago, IL
U Texas Southwestern
Univ of Missouri-KC Programs
Advocate Christ (2)
Mountain State OPTI-WV
U. Tennessee Ascension St. Thomas

Family Medicine (35)
St Anthony Hospital
Baylor College of Medicine
MCW
Amita Resurrection Med Ctr(3)
Ascension Genesys Hospital
Community Health Network
Contra Costa Reg Med Ctr
Genesis Quad Cities
Hinsdale Hospital(3)
John Muir Health
Kootenai Health
La Grange Mem Hosp
MacNeal Hospital
Mercy Med Ctr-Des Moines
Mercyhealth GME Consortium
OhioHealth-Dublin Methodist Hosp
Samaritan Health Services-Corvallis
SIU SOM & Affil Hosps
U Tennessee Grad SOM
Advocate Christ Med. Ctr. (3)
Advocate Illinois Masonic
Advocate Lutheran
Indiana University SOM
Hoboken Univ Med Ctr
Univ of Chicago Med CtrNorthshore(3)
Wright Center for GME
Rowan University SOM

General Surgery (5)
Akron Gen Med Ctr/NEOMED
HCA Healthcare/USF Morsani
HCA Houston Healthcare/U Houston
Beaumont Health
Metro Health/U Michigan Health

Internal Medicine (50)
Ascension St John Hospital-MI
Cook County Health and Hosps. Sys(3)
Franciscan Health Olympia Fields(2)
HCA Healthcare/USF Morsani GME
Henry Ford Macomb Hospital
Loyola Univ Med Ctr
Med Coll Wisconsin Affil Hosps. (3)
Mercy Health-St Rita’s Med Ctr
Orange Park Med Ctr
Portsmouth Regional Hosp R
Riverside Medical Ctr
Rush University Med Ctr
Santa Barbara Cottage Hosp
Spectrum Health Lakeland
St Louis Univ SOM (2)
Swedish Covenant Hosp(3)
Texas Tech U Affil
U Arizona COM-South Campus
U Nevada Las Vegas SOM
U Nevada Reno SOM
University at Buffalo SOM
University Hosps-Columbia, MO
Advocate Lutheran General (6)
Hoboken Univ Med Ctr
Univ of Chicago Med Ctr/Northshore (5)
Beaumont Health
Indiana University SOM
U Illinois COM/UIC Christ (3)
U Illinois COM-Chicago
Walter Read
Tripler Army Med. Center

Internal Medicine - Preliminary (4)
Sinai Hospital of Baltimore
West Suburban Med. Center
Indiana University
HCA Medical City

Internal Medicine - Primary Care (3)
Cook County (2)
University of Texas - Austin

Neurology (3)
Indiana University
Kaiser-Permanente LA
Loyola University

OB-GYN (3)
Amita St Francsis
St Vincent Hospital
McLaren Healthcare

Opthalmology (1)
Ascension - Macomb

Orthopedic Surgery (2)
Franciscan Health Olympia Fields

Pathology (1)
University of Illinois

Pediatrics (21)
Loyola (3)
MCW
Rush
SLU (2)
St Vincent Hospital
Tower Health/St. Christopher's Hospital
UCON
University of Illinois
University of Iowa
University of Maryland
University of Minnesota
University of New Mexico
Advocate Christ (5)
Advocate Lutheran General

PM&R (8)
University Hospitals Osteopathic Consortium
Marianjoy Rehab Hospital
MCW (2)
Nassau University Medical Center
Northwestern
Sinai Hospital of Baltimore
University of Wisconsin

Plastic Surgery (1)
Cleveland clinic

Psychiatry (9)
Loyola
Riverside Medical Center
SIU
UMass
University of Hawaii
University of Nebraska
Western Michigan
Pine Rest Christian Mental Health
Tripler Army Medical Center

Diagnostic Radiology (9)
Amita St Francis (2)
Cook County
Franciscan Olympia Fields
Henry Ford Hospital
Rutgers-New Jersey Medical School
Tufts University
Virginia Mason Medical Center
David Grant Medical Center

Interventional Radiology (1)
University of Wisconsin

Surgery Prelim (2)
Rush University
University of Illinois

Transitional Year (15)
Amita Resurrection (3)
Firelands Regional Medical Center
Indiana University
Providence-Sacred Heart
St Joseph Mercy - Ann Arbor (2)
St Vincent
University of Illinois-OSF Peoria
Weiss Memorial (2)
University of Chicago-Northshore
Madigan Army Medical Center

Urology (1)
Franciscan Health Olympia Fields

Reactions: 10 users
I haven't been on SDN in a minute. But just wanted to say that I'm so incredibly proud of my classmates this year! Here is PCOM-PA's match list!
Dang, how big is this class? I didn't know PCOM-PA's class was this huge.

CCOM:
Match rate was 93.6%, and placement was 96.5%

Anesthesiology (11)
Cleveland Clinic Foundation
Cook County Health and Hosps.
Grand Strand Reg Med Ctr.
Henry Ford Hospital
ISMMS Mount Sinai Morningside-West
Johns Hopkins Hosp.
Loyola Univ. Med. Center
Medical College of Georgia