General Admissions & OTCAS Do schools verify observation hours?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTkw

Reaction score
I do not have documentation for every site/all of my observation hours that I have done and recorded in OTCAS. Will schools make me verify the hours or have written proof of hours if I am considered or accepted? Just curious so I can properly prepare myself!

Members don't see this ad.

I do not have documentation for every site/all of my observation hours that I have done and recorded in OTCAS. Will schools make me verify the hours or have written proof of hours if I am considered or accepted? Just curious so I can properly prepare myself!
I believe it depends on the school. I know that one school I talked to said that they don't need verification as they take your word on it

Reactions: 1 user

Some schools specifically say they need documentation of your hours (facility name, date, OTR/OTA signatures). Some schools do not, however in the handful schools I visited, they mention they may check with the facilities you have observed and verify. Just be honest with them. It’s never worth the risk.

Reactions: 1 users
Some schools specifically say they need documentation of your hours (facility name, date, OTR/OTA signatures). Some schools do not, however in the handful schools I visited, they mention they may check with the facilities you have observed and verify. Just be honest with them. It’s never worth the risk.

Yeah I know some schools do call and check.