Does anyone use "repeated" feature on AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

8YearsLate

Sub Canus lupus familiaris
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just going over final touches before submitting and I don't feel like adding "repeated" for future volunteering/shadowing/work, etc.

Of course I am going to continue to do at least half of these activities. However, I don't understand the point of putting future accomplishments. They might as well have a "books you plan to write" or "future Nobel Prizes" section. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Will it look bad if I don't enter my future work/volunteering/hobby stuff on AMCAS? Ηοw did you handle it? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I am just going over final touches before submitting and I don't feel like adding "repeated" for future volunteering/shadowing/work, etc.

Of course I am going to continue to do at least half of these activities. However, I don't understand the point of putting future accomplishments. They might as well have a "books you plan to write" or "future Nobel Prizes" section. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Will it look bad if I don't enter my future work/volunteering/hobby stuff on AMCAS? Ηοw did you handle it? Thanks.
I feel the same way, but you really owe it to yourself to play the game. The alternative is to leave them with the impression that now that you have submitted, you are taking a well deserved vacation until next summer. As a result, it's not an unreasonably question, even though the response is speculative by definition.

Reactions: 1 user
I feel the same way, but you really owe it to yourself to play the game. The alternative is to leave them with the impression that now that you have submitted, you are taking a well deserved vacation until next summer. As a result, it's not an unreasonably question, even though the response is speculative by definition.
I hear you, so what did you put? Because I will have to put 40 hour workweeks for the next year if I do work i.e. thousands of future hours since I am on contract. I also *intend* to start my volunteering and shadowing ASAP but still not allowed on hospital campus per COVID. Did you already submit with repeats, and if so, did you only do it for work/medical stuff or also hobby-type stuff?

Members don't see this ad :)
I used the "repeated" feature only for the commitments I have spent extensive time on in the past and will definitely be continuing this year. That way, at least there's some track record, and it wouldn't be unexpected for me to continue those in the future.

Reactions: 1 users
I used the "repeated" feature only for the commitments I have spent extensive time on in the past and will definitely be continuing this year. That way, at least there's some track record, and it wouldn't be unexpected for me to continue those in the future.
Okay, I can handle this. I'll just do work and 1-2 other things into which I've put significant hours. Thank you.

I also wrote how many of the hours I've already done in the description if my projected hours included additional time. Also I heard from an Adcom in-person (not on SDN) that the application that they get is hard to read if you use the "repeat" feature so I didn't use it but just did one continuous block of time so long as it was fairly clear. I don't know if this is still true.

I haven't submitted yet, but this^^^^. I would create separate entries for future planned activities (apart from what you have already done) only to the extent you have room, and with the understanding that, as you properly expect, anticipated future activities will receive less weight than those already completed.

Reactions: 1 users