Mar 21, 2021
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hello, I am a non-trad who ditched premed mid-undergrad and is planning to go back and finish my pre-reqs and ECs.

My family lives abroad (Korea), and I really don't have a home here in the States. Since the classes that I plan to take are asynchronous online, I can take them back in Korea or here.

Given the fact that Covid is in "better" state over in Korea, I have a better chance of getting extra-curricular opportunities there compared to the States (in addition to more networking via family). However, I heard that medical schools don't really like to see people doing their ECs (especially clinical) abroad, but given the limited opportunities due to Covid and the fact that I don't really have a home here, would it be reasonable to do ECs abroad in Korea? Is there even a section in the application where I can list the reasons I did my ECs abroad? Also, do they care about where I do non-clinical ECs (volunteer, research) since they really don't depend on the US healthcare system?

Thank you in advance!

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.