This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Okay, so I think I’m officially going crazy waiting to hear from Texas Tech. I interviewed back on 11/10 and just silence. I have check my email and Merlin account probably 100 times a day every day since the interview. I’ve been stalking this forum to see if anyone else heard news. I’m worried that my later interview date will hurt me. I was invited to interview in October but had to push back the date due to a surgery I had to have. Did TTUHSC fill all the spots? How many more interviews could there be? I thought my interview went well but now as I think back, I’m second guessing myself. Does everyone else torture themselves while waiting like I do? Marbles = lost.

Do you know how big Texas Techs waitlist would be?
 
I interviewed on 9/22 in Lubbock and STILL have not heard back. Not a peep. I am assuming I am on some sort of a waitlist although I have not been officially waitlisted. I have heard of others receiving offers so I am thinking maybe they are going to see who else interviews or who may decline and then maybe review the files of those who have interviewed for potential offers. Nothing to do but just wait, but I need to put a deposit down on another school soon to hold my spot so the waiting can be frustrating.

Did you receive a wait list email yet?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Texas state, Mainly location. Tech is a solid program especially if you are interested in ortho. Just would rather be in round rock. That being said, still hoping for UTSW or TWU Dallas

I'm a student at TWU and if you are on the waitlist it's a really good sign because TWU usually goes through the entire waitlist, my friends that applied last year got in that way so your chances are still really high!
 
I'm a student at TWU and if you are on the waitlist it's a really good sign because TWU usually goes through the entire waitlist, my friends that applied last year got in that way so your chances are still really high!
Awesome! Yeah they said like 2 of the last 3 years they have made it through most of the list, so fingers crossed! Are you at the dallas or Houston campus?
 
Awesome! Yeah they said like 2 of the last 3 years they have made it through most of the list, so fingers crossed! Are you at the dallas or Houston campus?

I'm still an undergraduate and it is located in Denton, but I am hoping for Texas tech, but I got wait listed there, fingers crossed though!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't blame you. I went to the Texas State meet and greet/interviews and was completely blown away. Great new campus. Extremely down to earth students and faculty. Great everything. I got accepted into the TWU program(yay), and accepted their offer, but the Texas State program definitely has something special going on over there.
I don't blame you. I went to the Texas State meet and greet/interviews and was completely blown away. Great new campus. Extremely down to earth students and faculty. Great everything. I got accepted into the TWU program(yay), and accepted their offer, but the Texas State program definitely has something special going on over there.
How long did TWU give you to accept the offer?
 
How long did TWU give you to accept the offer?

Two weeks. In fact I think everyone gets exactly the same amount of time. It's an interactive google docs form that you are given access to, and I think it automatically calculates the amount of time you have to make the decision(or someone edits it every time they send it out to someone new), but plan on it being 2 weeks (or could be 10 business days).
 
Two weeks. In fact I think everyone gets exactly the same amount of time. It's an interactive google docs form that you are given access to, and I think it automatically calculates the amount of time you have to make the decision(or someone edits it every time they send it out to someone new), but plan on it being 2 weeks (or could be 10 business days).
Okay thanks. Is a deposit required?
 
Okay thanks. Is a deposit required?
Nope. I was kinda curious about why one wasn't required, but I didnt ask about it. I am assuming its because they realized that a very high percentage of people that were accepted, ended up actually attending the program (and not leaving to attend other programs), and that it was pretty unnecessary. But hey, who knows? I definitely don't mind it!
 
Just curious. Has anyone received a rejection letter from twu or been notified they have been waitlisted? It seems like they only notify those that have been accepted into the program
 
Just curious. Has anyone received a rejection letter from twu or been notified they have been waitlisted? It seems like they only notify those that have been accepted into the program

I haven't. I know a lot of people have heard from Dallas TWU but not slot from
Houston, where I applied. Mary Beth said everyone will know by the 21st...so just 4 more days lol
 
Just curious. Has anyone received a rejection letter from twu or been notified they have been waitlisted? It seems like they only notify those that have been accepted into the program

I have friends that have been wait listed and rejected already
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you know when orientation or the first day of class is?
I just received an email that Texas State’s orientation is May 30th - June 1st and the first day of class is June 4th! I am so excited and look forward to meeting you all very soon!
 
I just received an email that Texas State’s orientation is May 30th - June 1st and the first day of class is June 4th! I am so excited and look forward to meeting you all very soon!
Hey what email did they send this to? Was it your personal email? I got accepted to Texas State but hadn’t received any other email other than the acceptance one?
 
Hey guys I just need like some feedback on my stats because I feel like a big pile of turd waiting for these schools and I know my stats aren't that high especially my GRE but I'm praying to get at least get an interview to one of the PT schools. Here goes:
Cumulative GPA:3.6
Preqs GPA:3.51
GRE: 138 V 145 Q and 4.0 AW
Volunteer:360 hours
Experience:1200 hours (all different settings in total)
I got some pretty great LoR's, took my essays out to the writing centers to edit them also.
Applied to: ASU, TWU, UCA, UNT, UTEP, UTMB, UTSW, Texas State, Texas Tech, and UTSA.
Rejected: UCA, UNT, UTSW, Texas State
Interviews: None
I'm starting to lose hope.. there's a pretty high chance I will not be making it this year huh?
Did you consider opening up your options to out-of-state schools? Texas is super competitive....
 
Hey what email did they send this to? Was it your personal email? I got accepted to Texas State but hadn’t received any other email other than the acceptance one?
Personal email, did you click the link provided to accept?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad