You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
DPT TEXAS SCHOOLS 2017-2018
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I've being knowing of a lot of people who got in to TWU ( dallas/houston) but have anybody get a rejetion from them?? I want to know if im still in the race or if they wait until class is full to start sending rejections emails
I'm wondering the same thing! I haven't heard anything! Starting to think they let everyone know before they send our rejections :/
I know im starting to think tha same thing!! I wonder if it would be smart to call them to follow up???I'm wondering the same thing! I haven't heard anything! Starting to think they let everyone know before they send our rejections :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know im starting to think tha same thing!! I wonder if it would be smart to call them to follow up???
Might not be a bad idea. You can ask if they let people know who are accepted first then send out the rejection/waitlist emails. If you do, let me know what they say. I already emailed Mary Beth so don't wanna bother her again lol
I've being knowing of a lot of people who got in to TWU ( dallas/houston) but have anybody get a rejetion from them?? I want to know if im still in the race or if they wait until class is full to start sending rejections emails
This is pure speculation, but I have a feeling that they have sent out a majority of the acceptance offers over the past few weeks and are waiting to hear back from a lot of them. The deadline for telling them yes or no seems like it was mid-December for most people, which means that if/when some people decline the offer and decide to go to other schools, they will be able to invite more people. At that point (probably around Dec. 21st like they said), they will keep a waitlist of people in case of drop outs/people changing their minds/etc. and let all of the other applicants know that they aren't interested. TWU does NOT require a deposit, so I am assuming that they will have to keep a decent size list of "alternates" (for both campuses) up until the program actually begins. I also wouldn't be surprised if they still have a few open spots left and are still trying to rank the best applicants, because their class size is actually very large. Like I said though, this is just speculation so take it for what it's worth 🙂
Yes that makes sense!!! Thank you!! I think the same thing is happening at UT healthThis is pure speculation, but I have a feeling that they have sent out a majority of the acceptance offers over the past few weeks and are waiting to hear back from a lot of them. The deadline for telling them yes or no seems like it was mid-December for most people, which means that if/when some people decline the offer and decide to go to other schools, they will be able to invite more people. At that point (probably around Dec. 21st like they said), they will keep a waitlist of people in case of drop outs/people changing their minds/etc. and let all of the other applicants know that they aren't interested. TWU does NOT require a deposit, so I am assuming that they will have to keep a decent size list of "alternates" (for both campuses) up until the program actually begins. I also wouldn't be surprised if they still have a few open spots left and are still trying to rank the best applicants, because their class size is actually very large. Like I said though, this is just speculation so take it for what it's worth 🙂
This is pure speculation, but I have a feeling that they have sent out a majority of the acceptance offers over the past few weeks and are waiting to hear back from a lot of them. The deadline for telling them yes or no seems like it was mid-December for most people, which means that if/when some people decline the offer and decide to go to other schools, they will be able to invite more people. At that point (probably around Dec. 21st like they said), they will keep a waitlist of people in case of drop outs/people changing their minds/etc. and let all of the other applicants know that they aren't interested. TWU does NOT require a deposit, so I am assuming that they will have to keep a decent size list of "alternates" (for both campuses) up until the program actually begins. I also wouldn't be surprised if they still have a few open spots left and are still trying to rank the best applicants, because their class size is actually very large. Like I said though, this is just speculation so take it for what it's worth 🙂
Bleh. So you're saying you know some people from TWU (Houston) who got accepted and had to notify the school mid-December whether or not they were going to attend?
Bleh. So you're saying you know some people from TWU (Houston) who got accepted and had to notify the school mid-December whether or not they were going to attend?
Yes, although I am not sure if the mid-December date was the same for everyone (If you were invited right now, you would probably have at least 1-2 weeks to make the decision on whether or not you were going to attend, maybe someone else in this thread who was recently accepted could shed more light on it.)
Yes, although I am not sure if the mid-December date was the same for everyone (If you were invited right now, you would probably have at least 1-2 weeks to make the decision on whether or not you were going to attend.)
Thanks for the insight!
Oh dang! I have 3 months to decide if i want to go to SBU in Missouri! I can't imagine 2 weeksYes, although I am not sure if the mid-December date was the same for everyone (If you were invited right now, you would probably have at least 1-2 weeks to make the decision on whether or not you were going to attend, maybe someone else in this thread who was recently accepted could shed more light on it.)
Dang I'm jealous of all of y'all lol. Everyone getting accepted to more than 1 school. I would be grateful if 1 school even accepted me LOLOLOl.
Hey guys I have a question, I have 1 C in Physics 2 and the rest of my Sciences are A's and B's. I don't know whether I should retake it or should I wait to hear back from PT school first and then retake it? I'm kind of confused on what my next course of action is with that class.
Hey guys I have a question, I have 1 C in Physics 2 and the rest of my Sciences are A's and B's. I don't know whether I should retake it or should I wait to hear back from PT school first and then retake it? I'm kind of confused on what my next course of action is with that class.
If it were me I would sign up for Physics II in the spring. If I got accepted somewhere, I would then drop that class because it would be unnecessary at that point to retake it. Hopefully you will get in somewhere and be able to drop it, but I would plan for the worst (while hoping for the best) and plan on retaking it. If you end up not getting in this cycle, I would really really try your hardest to bump that up to an A when you retake it. I think that would look really good for you (but I'm sure everyone here in this thread knows that Physics II was an extremely difficult class!) and it would also give you the opportunity to say something in the "If you are reapplying to our program, how have you improved your profile" question on PTCAS about how you tried really hard to improve your profile and really put in a lot of effort to build a sturdy foundation of science prerequisite classes in order to better excel in their program. Just my 2 cents and best of luck!
Last edited:
Has anyone else received an email from "Certiphi" about a background check if you have been accepted into a program? I just want to make sure this isn't like a scam (haha) before I pay $75 for the background check.
It says I received the email because I was accepted to one or more programs that use the PTCAS centralized criminal background check service.
It says I received the email because I was accepted to one or more programs that use the PTCAS centralized criminal background check service.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I spoke to Mary Beth from TWU. She informed me that TWU Dallas has sent out about 40 acceptances to students. They have about 10 more to send out by the end of next week. Hope this helps.
I wonder if it's the same for Houston. What question did you ask her?
Yeah me too..I wonder if it's the same for Houston. What question did you ask her?
Sent from my SCH-I545 using SDN mobile
Me too!!I wonder if it's the same for Houston. What question did you ask her?
😱😱😱I spoke to Mary Beth from TWU. She informed me that TWU Dallas has sent out about 40 acceptances to students. They have about 10 more to send out by the end of next week. Hope this helps.
I asked her: "How many acceptances has the Dallas program sent out thus far? In addition, how many of those positions have been filled?"I spoke to Mary Beth from TWU. She informed me that TWU Dallas has sent out about 40 acceptances to students. They have about 10 more to send out by the end of next week. Hope this helps.
She technically did not answer the second question so I replied with the following question: "So about 40 students have accepted the positions?" She has yet to reply. I assume that 40 students have been notified but they have a few weeks to accept the offer. But that is difficult bc I think that TWU applicants aren't required to put down a deposit (somebody clarify If I'm wrong). So students could technically hold unto positions for a lonnnnggg time. lol
One of you Houston applicants should email her the about the status of applications for the Houston program. And perhaps ask her if they have sent out any rejection letters. I forgot to ask.
I asked her: "How many acceptances has the Dallas program sent out thus far? In addition, how many of those positions have been filled?"
She technically did not answer the second question so I replied with the following question: "So about 40 students have accepted the positions?" She has yet to reply. I assume that 40 students have been notified but they have a few weeks to accept the offer. But that is difficult bc I think that TWU applicants aren't required to put down a deposit (somebody clarify If I'm wrong). So students could technically hold unto positions for a lonnnnggg time. lol
One of you Houston applicants should email her the about the status of applications for the Houston program. And perhaps ask her if they have sent out any rejection letters. I forgot to ask.
Who's up for doing it?? I've already emailed her once lol
I just got a rejection from TWU so they must have just started sending them out!
Houston or Dallas?
Just Texas woman's in general, doesn't say a campus.Houston or Dallas?
For me it had everything to do with the vibe of the school. I knew my preference was leaning toward UT Health solely based on location, but once I went to the little meet and greet the night before, I fell in love with the program. The teachers seem great, the students are all so nice and close, the campus is great. It really just felt like if you went to PT school there, you were going to join a family. I think that amount of social support is key in a program as rigorous as ours.I know this doesn't apply to everyone, but just out of curiosity, for the few people I've seen accepted to multiple programs, what are your criteria for deciding on which to attend? Is it mostly about location of the program? Or are you just looking for the best program academically? Cost of tuition?
Just Texas woman's in general, doesn't say a campus.
Dang. What's your last intital? Sorry I'm eager beaver LOL
I just got waitlisted at TWU tooI just received an email from TWU Dallas that I am 1/50 students who have been placed on the waitlist.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It did specify for Dallas campus on the waitlist btwI just got waitlisted at TWU too
It did specify for Dallas campus on the waitlist btw
Thanks for the clarification haha
Eek, I was already rejected by somewhere today and idk that I can take two in one day, so I feel like I need to wait. But geez, this is a big week [emoji26][emoji27]Texas State hasn’t sent out official emails but on the catsweb if you check under admission status it tells you if you got admitted or not.
Mine says “admit to institution” but I wanna wait till I get the email!
Sent from my SCH-I545 using SDN mobile
Also, I'm the worst, but congratulations!! Huge news for you!!Texas State hasn’t sent out official emails but on the catsweb if you check under admission status it tells you if you got admitted or not.
Mine says “admit to institution” but I wanna wait till I get the email!
Sent from my SCH-I545 using SDN mobile
Thank you! I hope you get good news!Also, I'm the worst, but congratulations!! Huge news for you!!
Sent from my SCH-I545 using SDN mobile
It's okay. I'm eager in the waiting game too! My last name starts with a HDang. What's your last intital? Sorry I'm eager beaver LOL
mines P if yall didnt know already lolIt's okay. I'm eager in the waiting game too! My last name starts with a H
Congrats. They usually go through the entire waitlist so we have a chance.I just got waitlisted at TWU too
It would be nice if they could at least inform us on the quartile we are in.
Im confused. Why are you asking for initials? lolDang. What's your last intital? Sorry I'm eager beaver LOL
Im confused. Why are you asking for initials? lol
To see if they went in alphabetical order. I haven't heard anything and mine is M
Did someone who has a last name initial after M already get waitlisted or rejected?
Ugh this is killing me. :/
Congrats!! That's huge!! And nice catch btw, I bet a bunch of people will be able to see if they got in now. On mine it says "Decision made and an email will be sent" so it could be that it means I wasn't accepted there.Texas State hasn’t sent out official emails but on the catsweb if you check under admission status it tells you if you got admitted or not.
Mine says “admit to institution” but I wanna wait till I get the email!
Maybe they have only notified Dallas applicants. Perhaps they aren't finished admitting Houston applicants. I def feel you on the stress though.To see if they went in alphabetical order. I haven't heard anything and mine is M
Did someone who has a last name initial after M already get waitlisted or rejected?
Ugh this is killing me. :/
thank you! & yeah a couple of my friends got the same email as me and others got what you got. That may also mean you have been waitlisted. They might send out the email tonight like last time for interviews.Congrats!! That's huge!! And nice catch btw, I bet a bunch of people will be able to see if they got in now. On mine it says "Decision made and an email will be sent" so it could be that it means I wasn't accepted there.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don’t think Houston has sent out waitlist or rejections yet for TWUTo see if they went in alphabetical order. I haven't heard anything and mine is M
Did someone who has a last name initial after M already get waitlisted or rejected?
Ugh this is killing me. :/
I don’t think Houston has sent out waitlist or rejections yet for TWU
I'm thinking the same. Did you to Houston TWU?
I was denied by Texas Women's as well. Guess I'm headed to Missouri!
Congrats on Missouri!