This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They asked basic interview questions, nothing was really unreasonable - strengths, where do you see yourself working, etc. It was pretty laid back and the faculty are very nice, but I would suggest going in with a lot of questions so there aren't awkward pauses of you scrambling to think of something to ask. They have an info session at the beginning that kind of answers a lot of questions you may have. There's also a group discussion about an issue. It's not too bad but everyone is trying to talk so make sure you don't get overshadowed. Just try to relax and be yourself and you will be fine! Good luck!

Do they score you based on your answers in the group discussion as well? Is it with every interviewee?
 
Do they score you based on your answers in the group discussion as well? Is it with every interviewee?
Theres a second year student in there who's taking notes (so I guess they score you on that). You're split into groups of like 15-20 people or so.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m still waiting :/

I wonder I they call everyone or they just call the people who are accepted
and email the ones who aren't?

Anyone not get accepted from TWU yet? I've only heard two people here say they were accepted
 
What are your stats?
West Texas A&M
Overall: 3.72
Last 60: 3.88
GRE: 149 Q, 150 V, 3 AW

Hours: 800+ hours at several different clinics. I've also had several jobs at different clinics

EC's: I was an Athletic Training student where I had to complete 1500 clinical hours. Baptist Student Union Leadership, Student Athletic Leadership Committee, Athletic Training Student Association

Honors & Awards: deans list, several athletic training scholarships and awards.
 
West Texas A&M
Overall: 3.72
Last 60: 3.88
GRE: 149 Q, 150 V, 3 AW

Hours: 800+ hours at several different clinics. I've also had several jobs at different clinics

EC's: I was an Athletic Training student where I had to complete 1500 clinical hours. Baptist Student Union Leadership, Student Athletic Leadership Committee, Athletic Training Student Association

Honors & Awards: deans list, several athletic training scholarships and awards.

Nice dude! Sounds like you're in some good shape. Is TWU your first choice?
 
Nice dude! Sounds like you're in some good shape. Is TWU your first choice?
Yes. It’s been my top choice since i decided to go to PT school. I have a good friend who started there this year and he loves it. It's also the only school in Texas that hasn't denied me :bag:. I was accepted into southwest Baptist university in Missouri but tuition is expensive
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes. It’s been my top choice since i decided to go to PT school. I have a good friend who started there this year and he loves it. It's also the only school in Texas that hasn't denied me :bag:. I was accepted into southwest Baptist university in Missouri but tuition is expensive

Sounds like we're in similar boats!
 
Yes. It’s been my top choice since i decided to go to PT school. I have a good friend who started there this year and he loves it. It's also the only school in Texas that hasn't denied me :bag:. I was accepted into southwest Baptist university in Missouri but tuition is expensive
TWU is also my first choice. Best of luck to all of us.
 
Have any of you heard back from UT health?? I had my interview on saturday and I know there was 2 on friday, I was wondering if anybody heard back already???
 
Does anyone know if Dec. 1 was the last TTUHSC interview? Or are there more after that?
When I was at the Dec. 1st interview, I believe I heard the current students saying there was one other interview session or date left. If I heard correctly, I'm not sure if that is just one more at one campus or one more at each campus.
 
There are people in this thread (and one at school with me) who heard back on Sunday morning. Not sure if they are sending out a second round of invitations to attend or if it will just be wait list notifications. If perez6 makes it in to texas state it will open a spot at least 😉
 
There are people in this thread (and one at school with me) who heard back on Sunday morning. Not sure if they are sending out a second round of invitations to attend or if it will just be wait list notifications. If perez6 makes it in to texas state it will open a spot at least 😉
Sunday?? Wow that was fast!!! I guess the rest of us will be waitlisted 🙁
 
Has anyone heard back or denied their acceptance to Hardin-Simmons? I interviewed Nov 10 and haven't heard anything but I know two people who got phone calls on the 4th.
 
Has anyone heard back or denied their acceptance to Hardin-Simmons? I interviewed Nov 10 and haven't heard anything but I know two people who got phone calls on the 4th.
The 28 spots have been filled as of this week. The alternate list will be sent out in January
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just spoke with Mary Beth at TWU & she said that they are not yet finished but hope to have all decisions by December 21st

The 21st?? Omg! I need to know sooner. The deadline to accept my offer for UT health is the 18th.
 
When I was at the Dec. 1st interview, I believe I heard the current students saying there was one other interview session or date left. If I heard correctly, I'm not sure if that is just one more at one campus or one more at each campus.
Sigh. I am getting so anxious waiting. Thank you for the information though.
 
I haven’t posted anything on this thread yet but I’ve been watching it like a hawk all application cycle. Just got into Tech - Lubbock today!
Congratulations on your acceptance! Is that your first choice? When did you interviewed?

That's the campus I really want to go to. I'm getting so anxious waiting though. The silence is driving me crazy.
 
Congratulations on your acceptance! Is that your first choice? When did you interviewed?

That's the campus I really want to go to. I'm getting so anxious waiting though. The silence is driving me crazy.
Thank you! Yes it is definitely my first choice, I interviewed on November 17th so I heard back quickly! I also got into Baylor’s new program but I will be attending Tech!
 
The 21st?? Omg! I need to know sooner. The deadline to accept my offer for UT health is the 18th.

I know! It feels a little late. Which is your first choice?

Maybe you too can email Mary beth to see where you stand and explain your situation?

My assumption is that that is the very last day for everyone to know and that they will be letting people know before that as well (that's what I'm hoping lol)
 
Have any of you heard back from UT health?? I had my interview on saturday and I know there was 2 on friday, I was wondering if anybody heard back already???

From what was said in my interview, it seems like they're trying to make decisions/notify pretty quickly. But don't lose hope! Ms. Eblen told us that the bulk of the class would be made up of the early December interviewees. Even if you do get waitlisted, I've heard from friends who are currently year ones that they work their way pretty far down the list!
 
From what was said in my interview, it seems like they're trying to make decisions/notify pretty quickly. But don't lose hope! Ms. Eblen told us that the bulk of the class would be made up of the early December interviewees. Even if you do get waitlisted, I've heard from friends who are currently year ones that they work their way pretty far down the list!
Thank you!!! I'll keep my fingers cross. Hopefully tomorrow I hear something. 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Theres a second year student in there who's taking notes (so I guess they score you on that). You're split into groups of like 15-20 people or so.
Do you remember if they ask you anything about current trends in healthcare or PT?
Something that isn't about yourself?