This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
One of my friends just got into TWU today

Ugh this is making me anxious

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody get rejected from TWU or UT health???

Hope y’all are enjoying the snow if you are in central Texas!!!! I’m loving it ❄️

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
And I assume through personal email, not the TWU email?

Sorry for so many questions! We're an anxious bunch!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using

Hi, I was recently accepted to TWU and they let me know through a phone call and then email via my personal email. Hoping for the best for you, good luck!!

Reactions: 3 users
Hi, I was recently accepted to TWU and they let me know through a phone call and then email via my personal email. Hoping for the best for you, good luck!!

Congrats! Houston or Dallas?

Do you mind sharing your stats?

I know this doesn't apply to everyone, but just out of curiosity, for the few people I've seen accepted to multiple programs, what are your criteria for deciding on which to attend? Is it mostly about location of the program? Or are you just looking for the best program academically? Cost of tuition?

I know this doesn't apply to everyone, but just out of curiosity, for the few people I've seen accepted to multiple programs, what are your criteria for deciding on which to attend? Is it mostly about location of the program? Or are you just looking for the best program academically? Cost of tuition?
Tuition was undoubtedly the reason I picked my school. Other factors were included, but accreditation was a big one too.

for me declining tech was mainly location. If I get into TXST I would decline UT Health bc I know the txst program so well since I attend txst, been at their clinic and know students who have said great things about the program and just preference

for me declining tech was mainly location. If I get into TXST I would decline UT Health bc I know the txst program so well since I attend txst, been at their clinic and know students who have said great things about the program and just preference

I don't blame you. I went to the Texas State meet and greet/interviews and was completely blown away. Great new campus. Extremely down to earth students and faculty. Great everything. I got accepted into the TWU program(yay), and accepted their offer, but the Texas State program definitely has something special going on over there.

I don't blame you. I went to the Texas State meet and greet/interviews and was completely blown away. Great new campus. Extremely down to earth students and faculty. Great everything. I got accepted into the TWU program(yay), and accepted their offer, but the Texas State program definitely has something special going on over there.

Congrats on TWU! Which campus?

I'm considering sending an update email to places I haven't heard from in order to let them know what I've been doing since I submitted my application. Does anyone know if that's appropriate or if PT schools look down on those? Is there a common format this should be in, if they're not discouraged?

Do you mind sharing your stats?

University of Oklahoma
Overall: 3.85
Prereq: 3.64
GRE: 159V, 149Q, 4.5W
Hours: 58 inpatient, 61 inpatient, 30 home health, 15 geriatric wellness, 15 pediatric wellness and continuing to rack up the hours as I now work as a tech with an awesome clinic that does a lot with neurological disorders in different populations.
I have a lot of volunteer hours volunteering at a pediatric homeless shelter, different volunteer opportunities through my sorority, and doing missionary work in South America. I also worked in college as a server for two years and I was a TA for my human physiology class. I have three letters of recommendation. One from a favorite professor of mine that I was a research assistant for, one from an amazing PT that I showed with while I was in Norman, and then one from my mentor who I have done tons of shadowing with and is truly one of the best PT's that I've seen. Hope that helps!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats on TWU! Which campus?
Thank you! It was for the Houston campus. They let me know 1-2 weeks ago but I am sure if they said Dec. 21st that they probably still have a decent amount of deciding still left to do.

Thank you! It was for the Houston campus. They let me know 1-2 weeks ago but I am sure if they said Dec. 21st that they probably still have a decent amount of deciding still left to do.

Ahh that's awesome. Congrats! Did you apply early?

I'm considering sending an update email to places I haven't heard from in order to let them know what I've been doing since I submitted my application. Does anyone know if that's appropriate or if PT schools look down on those? Is there a common format this should be in, if they're not discouraged?

I would just call and ask. I did that with some schools and still got into them, you paid money and this is your future it wouldnt be a bad idea to call and ask.

Hey yall so one of my friends called UT Health and they said the main lady who sends out the acceptances (Nora) is out of town and wont be back till the 18th. So yall probably wont hear back until then if you havent heard back. Hopefully that calms yalls anxiety for a bit

You can accept it but just don’t put down the deposit yet
we can do that? then what if I get into TXST and want to to go there instead, can I simply just rescind my acceptance?

we can do that? then what if I get into TXST and want to to go there instead, can I simply just rescind my acceptance?

Yup. I did it with tech. I just told them what was going on and they were ok with it. They also have to give us a chance too, they give us such a short time to accept it before we interview at other schools.

I wanted UT Health for location, cost, and the program. I actually REALLY like the program at tx state, but with the move to round rock they came off my list because all of my family is here in SA... And grad school + a small child is a hell of a lot easier when I have family to help. UIW was actually my number 2 choice simply for location.

Hey yall so one of my friends called UT Health and they said the main lady who sends out the acceptances (Nora) is out of town and wont be back till the 18th. So yall probably wont hear back until then if you havent heard back. Hopefully that calms yalls anxiety for a bit
I called and they told me the same thing!! However the deadline for people who got accepted is the same day she comes back!! So im guessing If we havent heard back we are in waitlist

I called and they told me the same thing!! However the deadline for people who got accepted is the same day she comes back!! So im guessing If we havent heard back we are in waitlist
I don’t think so.

The acceptance deadline is relative to your acceptance date I presume. We had to let them know by 11-29 for those accepted during priority.

Good luck!

My friend just received acceptance to TWU Houston via email.

Reactions: 2 users
Just received an email from UTEP out of the blue finally! It says I am still being considered for one of the 36 seats. They will be making decisions in January and will be sending out notifications starting mid-January to beginning of February.

Just received an email from UTEP out of the blue finally! It says I am still being considered for one of the 36 seats. They will be making decisions in January and will be sending out notifications starting mid-January to beginning of February.
Same here!