Drexel DPMS 2015-1016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I applied to that one.

I also applied to that one. No interview invite for Temple yet though :(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Do they not send status updates until you have submitted your application? For example, I have already sent in my transcripts, MCAT and one letter of rec but I have no idea if they have received them since I haven't submitted my application.

I did a similar thing to you. I submitted all my LOR, transcripts, MCAT score before I submit my application. I just submitted and paid the fee on Monday. I received an e-mail from them today regarding the missing items that I already submitted. I would recommend to try to submit your application as soon as possible. You might have to re-submit your other information again.

can anyone still in the program or graduates shed some light on the curriculum. Is it lecture-based? are there labs? How much time do you actually spend in the classroom? How do the ipads work with lectures? Can you do well without attending lectures?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
I did answer things like this earlier but to recap(current student this year you guys will take Microanatomy instead of pharmacology)
It is lecture based for the most part(like DREXEL'S IFM curriculum in the medical school is) there some conferences more in Immuno than Physio. We didn't have a lab class because none of the classes we took had those(biochem, Physio immuno for track two, graduate level anatomy, medicine and society, and graduate level pharmacology) next year when you guys take Microanatomy you will have the lab for that class. Medicine and society has weekly small group
Class learning is mainly by lecture so you spend like five hours a day theoretically in lecture Monday-Friday
The iPads honestly are not used much in the classes that DPMS takes in the med schools but our quizzes are on them and tests maybe taken on the iPad too. Main usage is to be able to watch lectures on it after class and take notes(you are able to get the notes on the iPad drexel does not have free printing.)
Vast majority of people do not go to class but it depends on the person. I do go to class because I learn best by watching, listening, talking and doing than reading so going to class means I do have to wait for a lecture tobe posted for it to go. However others like reading more so they don't go to classes. If you lean towards procrastination I would to class til you wean yourself out of it because it is very easy to fall behind IV you don't have discipline .
Note graduate level anatomy class is not recorded and the powerpoints are barebones so if you are very visible got to go to that class.

Reactions: 1 users
Doing well depends on you. If you're thinking DPMS then honestly you probably don't have a history of being either with test taking or in your course work( most people don't have such grade-deflating majors Like Physics, Engineering or Neuroscience coming in to this program I'm engineering but that's really rare and I have a bit of a rough spot with immuno class that vastly different than what I ever had to study but honestly material is probabily easier) so you may not easily adjusts to medical school and you will have to readjust study habits(like 90% of all students post-bacc or nah) so it's a blanket statement of you can do well going to class because 90% of people don't go to class, 70% makes its it and it's not a true cut pattern of what causes people o make it so don't into the interview/this program with the idea that if you do exactly what this former DPMSer did and easily get because you are different.
too long didn't read(/tl/dr)
it is possible to do well without going to class but it may not work for you.

Does anyone know about how many people applied to this program last year and how many were interviewed?

600 applied a little under 100 hundred were interviewed

Hey Guys,
Does anyone have any good mock interview questions that would help someone better prepare for the interview round? I'm still waiting on an interview decision, however its never to early to start prepping lol.

Reactions: 3 users
Just a question: In your opinion do you think a school would be constantly pushing for you to turn in all your items if they were not interested?? I've had some friends that have been turned down admissions before they have submitted all of their items. I'm just taking a poll.

Hey Guys,
Does anyone have any good mock interview questions that would help someone better prepare for the interview round? I'm still waiting on an interview decision, however its never to early to start prepping lol.
Hey @FutureMD1107 there are some medical school interview books on amazon you can order or even download onto kindle/ipad. I got one I really like that has high ratings, can't think of the name right now, but if you're interested I can find out and get back to you.

Hey @FutureMD1107 there are some medical school interview books on amazon you can order or even download onto kindle/ipad. I got one I really like that has high ratings, can't think of the name right now, but if you're interested I can find out and get back to you.

Yes please let me know the book name! Thanks

Does this mean I'm at a disadvantage since I just submitted my application this week?

No, I don't think so. As long as all the supplemental materials are in and received by the 24th, you are good. The next waive of interviews for the applications until the deadline is the first week of May. It was mentioned in this thread that it does not matter when your interviews are. They wait until everyone is interviewed then make the acceptance decision so everyone hears back about the acceptance first week of June, it seems.

Members don't see this ad :)
They are still missing one of my transcripts. Damn I hate CUNY. I sent them twice, paid for them TWICE.

You could have collected all your official transcripts at once, then mail it to Drexel with a certified mail confirmation. That is what I did.

anybody get an interview email?

Relax. Stalking SDN or your e-mail won't make your anxiety go away. In fact, that will make you feel more anxious. I was like you a few weeks ago, but try to focus your attention elsewhere like read a book, play a sport, meditate, hang out with your friends, etc. It will come sooner or later.

Relax. Stalking SDN or your e-mail won't make your anxiety go away. In fact, that will make you feel more anxious. I was like you a few weeks ago, but try to focus your attention elsewhere like read a book, play a sport, meditate, hang out with your friends, etc. It will come sooner or later.
I started doing Insanity..lol

Do you guys think they verify grades like AMCAS does?

Not really. It's relied on user input but this goes without saying don't lie lol. The verification I feel is for classes that aren't traditional AMCAS science classes like computer science or engineering or geology.(you can put engineering classes as science classes for this btw. ) They verify based on transcripts not in classification that you got the grade

Not really. It's relied on user input but this goes without saying don't lie lol. The verification I feel is for classes that aren't traditional AMCAS science classes like computer science or engineering or geology.(you can put engineering classes as science classes for this btw. ) They verify based on transcripts not in classification that you got the grade
Yeah, I was just curious as to if they had to do that for hundreds of applicants.

Has anyone been able to schedule their interview?

Has anyone been able to schedule their interview?
no email has been sent out as of yet...my gut is telling me that they're gonna wait till the deadline to send out all invite emails like the emails say...which is different from past years but it would just mean that everybody would be interviewing in May...If your status has been updated on the banner page as invited, I think that means for sure it will come, but Idk..im sure someone will call soon to inquire.

At the webinar in February they said it was not a rolling admission and they would not send II until after the deadline.

I submitted my application two days ago (still missing one LOR though). But, when I used to log on, it used to show my submitted application in the bottom of the Banner webpage, with my basic details. Now that's all gone, and it just offers to start a new application when I log in. Is that normal? I'm paranoid, I know.
That happened to all of us. Don't worry, everything is fine

At the webinar in February they said it was not a rolling admission and they would not send II until after the deadline.
yea thats true they have always said that. And I think it will stand...As far as the whole rolling admissions, I agree that its definitely not rolling based solely on the fact that they wait till all interviews are completed to make a decision, but I do think they make a decision on interviews once they are done processing your application. I don't believe they wait till the deadline to start making decisions on interviews, just on sending them out, which is why I would think there may be a little advantage to not waiting until the very last day; although it seemed to work out fine for a lot of folks last year...but hey who really knows what goes on in these adcoms, its like a secret society, we can all speculate, but nobody knows for sure.

Last edited:
Honestly asking in my class dates in early May had the fewest acceptances most of the people in got in on a very early date and a very late date for interviews. The benefit of turning it in earlier is A) you technically don't meet the requirements for DPMS(less than a C(C-is less than a C) or under a six in a section or under 20 overall): turning it in early gives more time to mull over and decide. B) to ensure that everything is in the office. At this point rushing to turn it won't give you an earlier date because you are literally at the bottom of the pile(aka if you are turning it in now and get an interview it will be one of the later dates) there is enough applications and few spots that they aren't going to mull over your application twice unless a way lower than normal people accept the interview.
Long story short. They go through the applications in sets(turn application in in Really early, kinda early, and late) and in each set they choose an amount to interview, send those out with a choice of dates and go to the next pile.

The probable real reason for the delay is that in like two days medical schools have finish up interviews and send out financial aid for their outright acceptances so those students have a month to choose(they just had accepted students weekend this weekend) once that's all done they should go back to DPMS

I'll be interviewing May 1st! woot!

Reactions: 6 users
Got the email today as well...siked! so happy, and feeling so blessed. Thank you jesus....now to find an affordable flight....Also heads up they are raising the matriculation requirement for the medical school from a 3.0 to a 3.2 per the email, not that its a big difference just thought I'd let folks know

Reactions: 4 users
That's so interesting I thought the email was not going to be sent until after deadline. I was marked complete today. FINALLY!!! Been submitting things since february

yea it can be confusing, but I know that getting everything in before the deadline will at the least get your application properly reviewed, which is the most important thing.

Interview invite today!! Thinking of interviewing 4/22

Reactions: 2 users
That's so interesting I thought the email was not going to be sent until after deadline. I was marked complete today. FINALLY!!! Been submitting things since february
Did you get an email that your app was complete or did you see it on BannerWeb?

I chose April 21st! Anyone else??? I'm so excited, can't wait!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know what the mcat requirement entails for track I vs II? For example, if one mcat meets the requirement to not retake, but your most recent one doesn't, do they take the highest or the most recent?

Hey everyone congrats to those that got an interview.. I am medical student/old DPMSer. For those that haven't completed the application yet don't worry there is plenty of time still, I for one completed mine the day of the deadline, was one of the last groups to interview, only found out about my acceptance about a week before having to move and everything worked out just fine. I know its nerve wrecking waiting around to hear back and everyone is checking their emails multiple times a day, but just have faith and stay positive. The interviews will be sent out thru emails. As far as I know they have only sent out a set of interviews for the next two weeks as someone already mentioned. As they process those they will be sending out more and so on. Interview days are only Tues, Weds, and Friday so be sure to plan accordingly since some of you may have classes or work schedules to consider. THIS IS YOUR MED SCHOOL INTERVIEW! So please take it seriously, once you have interviewed and been accepted into DPMS you will not have to interview again. Once in DPMS the matriculation into the med school if you meet all the requirements is easy so don't even worry about that, but in case you were wondering you basically can just copy paste everything over from your DPMS or previous AMCAS application over to the new one. Again thats way down the line but I noticed someone had previously asked about it. If any one has any questions feel free to ask on here or PM me, I will do my best to reply as I can. Once again to clarify not all interviews have been sent out so just keep on waiting and make sure you have everything turned in and verified by the deadline, so your not finding out after the deadline you forgot to turn something in and now won't be considered. I am sure I will see some of you during the interview process since we meet with you guys during lunch, so you can also ask us questions directly at that time. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 7 users
Interview email today as well!

From past history, does anyone know how many people are being interviewed each cycle?

From past history, does anyone know how many people are being interviewed each cycle?
during the webinar she said about 100 for about 50 spots and @AZag13 it is at least a 8p 8b 7v are the minimum sub scores to be considered track 2 and is the goal for track 1s but per the invite email if you have to take the new mcat you need to get at least in the 45th percentile per section.., I believe they only take into consideration your most recent score

Reactions: 2 users
For the earlier interview dates( April 21- May 2) I am offering to pick up people from the airport to their hotel for ten bucks( if a group of you collaborate and all get flights the same day it's ten bucks for the car(four peeps max) much cheaper than a taxi to and from.

And that includes ride to the interview as well. Five bucks if you are coming straight from airport to interview (don't do that)

Can track 1 students matriculate after one year? And if so, when do they have to take the MCAT?