• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

mdterps83

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2002
Visit site
Status
I dunno how many IMS alums look at this forum still but I just wanted to throw a question out there. What type of grade cutoffs (or # of IMSers that recieved x grade) are there in IMS classes? I know it depends from year to year and class to class, but I was hoping somebody out there could give me an idea of what grades to expect. I will try my hardest anyway (of course) but I just have no idea whether a B will be around a 90 or an 82. Even rough estimates would be a help.

MasterShakeDO

The Drizzle
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2005
Southern Cal
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Your IMS B equals the first year medical students' average. Last year the med school averages usually hovered around 82-85 range so for the most part percent grades correlate well with normal letter grades. 80-82 B- 83-86 B 87-89 B+ 90< A- to A
If every IMSer got over a 90 and the med school had a low average, they'd all get A's. There's no cutoff for # that can receive a certain grade.
Just do your best!

mdterps83

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2002
Visit site
Status
Thanks, that was what I was looking for. I was gonna try my best anyway, but it helps to know what to work for.

About the Ads