mdterps83

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2002
Status (Visible)
I dunno how many IMS alums look at this forum still but I just wanted to throw a question out there. What type of grade cutoffs (or # of IMSers that recieved x grade) are there in IMS classes? I know it depends from year to year and class to class, but I was hoping somebody out there could give me an idea of what grades to expect. I will try my hardest anyway (of course) but I just have no idea whether a B will be around a 90 or an 82. Even rough estimates would be a help.

MasterShakeDO

The Drizzle
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2005
Southern Cal
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Your IMS B equals the first year medical students' average. Last year the med school averages usually hovered around 82-85 range so for the most part percent grades correlate well with normal letter grades. 80-82 B- 83-86 B 87-89 B+ 90< A- to A
If every IMSer got over a 90 and the med school had a low average, they'd all get A's. There's no cutoff for # that can receive a certain grade.
Just do your best!

mdterps83

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2002
Status (Visible)
Thanks, that was what I was looking for. I was gonna try my best anyway, but it helps to know what to work for.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.