Drexel Linkages to Med Schools??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

palmtree

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that Georgetown has about 20-25% linkage to its own med school, and that it has a good reputation with other med schools (st. louis, etc).

Is the Drexel IMS program like Georgetown's in terms of linkages? What is their policy about admitting students from the Drexel IMS into the Drexel SOM? Do other schools look at Drexel's IMS program like Georgetowns? Anybody with experience in either of these programs could help me out alot! Thanks a bunch!

Members don't see this ad.

palmtree said:
I know that Georgetown has about 20-25% linkage to its own med school, and that it has a good reputation with other med schools (st. louis, etc).

Is the Drexel IMS program like Georgetown's in terms of linkages? What is their policy about admitting students from the Drexel IMS into the Drexel SOM? Do other schools look at Drexel's IMS program like Georgetowns? Anybody with experience in either of these programs could help me out alot! Thanks a bunch!

i dont know too much about drexel having a direct linkage. but i know that if you have a 3.0 in the program and/or a 27 or higher (with no lower than 8's on each section) on the MCAT, you have a guaranteed interview. i've asked the people at the office about the percentages of people in the program getting into medschool and they're "not allowed to give out such information"...what up with that???

i know that most medschools are well aware of the drexel msp/ims program so that shouldn't be a problem. it's pretty close to georgetown's program (but probably a close second or third after bu)

hope that helps!