This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JennBleedsOrangeNBlue

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey SDN! I'm a 4th year DO student from an established DO school applying anesthesiology this year and was pretty bummed when I received my step 2 score back. I'm wondering how much my drop in step 2 will affect my application and if I should apply to a backup specialty. Fortunately, I was able to set up 3 audition rotations and am hoping that will strengthen my application. I didn't find much information about this on previous threads since most people improve from their step 1.

Step 1: 232
Step 2: 227
Research: 2 posters and 1 publication
Letters: 2 anesthesia, 1 cardio, 1 IM (neutral to good)
ECs: several volunteering and work experiences
Class rank: middle of the class
Location: Southeast