This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lostasian

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
An international student here Planning to apply for Duke-NUS singapore. Can you guys share your experience as an international student in Duke-NUS, your expectations before bing admitted and the reality when you are already there :) also please give tips on how to make adjustments for int'l students like me there if I get accepted there. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

An international student here Planning to apply for Duke-NUS singapore. Can you guys share your experience as an international student in Duke-NUS, your expectations before bing admitted and the reality when you are already there :) also please give tips on how to make adjustments for int'l students like me there if I get accepted there. Thank you!
There are some lengthy threads about this school in the International Medicine Forum that might answer some of your questions: China and Eastern Asia

Hi, I will be applying to medical school this coming cycle for entry in 2019. I have heard about the Duke-NUS medical school, and I know it was started to combine “the strengths of a Duke education with the academic rigor of NUS.” NUS also has an internationally recognized medical school. To let you know, I am an Indian born and raised in the U.S. Is it common for students in my position to apply, and is there any disadvantage?

It is not that I am unqualified for medical schools in the US, or that I don’t wish to apply to US schools, I just felt that an education in Singapore may be both highly valuable and an exciting experience. I would greatly appreciate any student’s view on this topic.