Edward Via COM - Virginia Campus (VCOM-VC) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got an II today, declining most likely though. Surprising, I really thought after waiting for months to be complete they were not interested in me.
+1, the Same situation got an interview invite today. Will be likely declining. I finished 2.5 months ago. GPA 3.7, MCAT 498

Members don't see this ad.

Finally complete after like 3 months :eek:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
After several months of silence, I got an interview invite yesterday. I will be declining today. VA resident, 3.48/505. Hope it goes to one of you!

@kovalchuk71 You're not the only one - it took me about a month and a half to reach the complete stage (and I submitted in early September).

@kovalchuk71 You're not the only one - it took me about a month and a half to reach the complete stage (and I submitted in early September).

A month and a half is a heck of a lot better than 3.5 MONTHS (me currently).

Every time I contact them, I get the same damn canned response too:

"Your file is currently in review for completeness. Once your file has been reviewed you will receive an email letting you know that your file is complete.This can take a while due to the amount of applicants. Please let us know if you have any further questions."

Extremely frustrating. I could have saved the application $$$ and put it towards something else. I'm not exactly swimming in cash at the moment.

After several months of silence, I got an interview invite yesterday. I will be declining today. VA resident, 3.48/505. Hope it goes to one of you!
Why are you declining?

"Your file is currently in review for completeness. Once your file has been reviewed you will receive an email letting you know that your file is complete.This can take a while due to the amount of applicants. Please let us know if you have any further questions."

Extremely frustrating. I could have saved the application $$$ and put it towards something else. I'm not exactly swimming in cash at the moment.
If you submitted by their 'early' deadline (I think it was September 13th or so), the cost was $25 to apply to all three campuses. Pretty good deal IMO.

Why are you declining?
I'm happy with my current acceptance (PCOM). VCOM is a fine school, but I couldn't realistically see myself going there over PCOM. I'd rather see the interview/opportunity go to someone who really wants to go there.

Reactions: 3 users
Even if I got accepted, I wouldn't have chosen VCOM over my current acceptance (PCOM). Would rather see the invite go to someone who really wants to go there.
ok

If you submitted by their 'early' deadline (I think it was September 13th or so), the cost was $25 to apply to all three campuses. Pretty good deal IMO.
It was, but I unfortunately didn't make that deadline (I took the MCAT August 23)

Members don't see this ad :)

I would contact Meghan Farley. I wasn't complete for about 4 months. She was the one who told me I was complete, although it still doesn't show on my portal.

I am in the same boat as you. I submitted my secondary on 9/28 and have not gotten a complete email. I have also contacted them and got the same canned response as you.

I am in the same boat as you. I submitted my secondary on 9/28 and have not gotten a complete email. I have also contacted them and got the same canned response as you.

It's very annoying. If you don't want to interview me, then just TELL ME. It's not going to hurt my feelings.

Anyone to know the turnaround time from secondary to II? I was complete pretty quickly, but it's been over a month since I've heard anything.

Anyone to know the turnaround time from secondary to II? I was complete pretty quickly, but it's been over a month since I've heard anything.
It was over 2 months for me, not quite 3.

I emailed due to have competed sometime in October and still not hearing anything. Unfortunately because the card I paid with via PayPal was under a different name it was not showing I had paid. Got the complete status later that day. Make sure you touch base because this isn't the only school I've had this happen with. Other schools also let me know right away if I was out of the running!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I submitted my secondary in September and got the complete e-mail in October. Still haven't heard back for an interview yet.

I interviewed last week at this school. How long did it take for the accepted students to hear back from the school? Just getting a little nervous!

I interviewed last week at this school. How long did it take for the accepted students to hear back from the school? Just getting a little nervous!

I heard back within a week. Good luck!

Did anyone not get a secondary from here yet?

I submitted AACOMAS in September and have not received a secondary. When I emailed for an update, this was the response "Your file is currently in review for a secondary application. This process can take a while due to the amount of applicants. Continue to check your email (junk/spam). Please let us know if you have any further questions."

Of course!
MCAT: 502 GPA: 3.86 SGPA: 3.76

Reactions: 1 users
So I called VCOM Auburn 10 days ago because I applied (to all three) back in September. I submitted my secondary back then, got a complete email and have been waiting since. When I called, they said that it takes longer to hear back because my stats were right on the edge but that I should keep an eye out for a phone call and check my spam folder frequently.

Can anyone tell me if they've been in a similar situation and whether that means that I will get an invite or that I MIGHT get one? At this point, I was thinking they could've trashed my app already if they weren't interested...

Any info to calm my neuroticism would be helpful :)

I would take that as good news. I have called all three branches and I never got that kind of response. They always told me that it can take a while to hear back for an interview. I would show continued interest by sending them updates and maybe you will hear back soon.

I would take that as good news. I have called all three branches and I never got that kind of response. They always told me that it can take a while to hear back for an interview. I would show continued interest by sending them updates and maybe you will hear back soon.

I hope you are right!! But essentially, I got the same answer as you lol So let's both be hopeful!!

Would you mind telling me who you specifically called to find out about the status of your app? There are quite a few people listed here on their contact page

Would you mind telling me who you specifically called to find out about the status of your app? There are quite a few people listed here on their contact page

I just called their general admissions phone number. You could also call Meghan Farley as well as she is the Director of applications so she can give you more information.

What is the chance (approximately) of acceptance with an interview invite? I know a few years ago it was fairly high but I do not know if that has changed

What is the chance (approximately) of acceptance with an interview invite? I know a few years ago it was fairly high but I do not know if that has changed
Dunno the exact numbers but they are still fairly high.

I've all but given up with VCOM. FOUR months and my secondary still isn't complete.

What a joke.

Interview invite today. Will be declining. Hope it goes to one of you guys!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

II today. Will most likely be declining. Hopefully, it goes to someone who is still waiting. Good luck!

Anyone know how likely it is to get an acceptance once you gain an interview at any of the campuses?

just got II today. Can anyone describe the vibe of the interviews? Is it laid back, strict, etc. Also as @Palmtreez mentioned, how likely it is to get an acceptance once you gain an interview at any of the campuses?

just got II today. Can anyone describe the vibe of the interviews? Is it laid back, strict, etc. Also as @Palmtreez mentioned, how likely it is to get an acceptance once you gain an interview at any of the campuses?
Very relaxed interview experience for me. You have 3 one on one interviews each lasting about 30 minutes. They were more like conversations than interviews to be honest. As for the chance of acceptance I am not sure that anyone has that specific information. I can tell you I heard back exactly a week after the interview. They contacted me by phone

Very relaxed interview experience for me. You have 3 one on one interviews each lasting about 30 minutes. They were more like conversations than interviews to be honest. As for the chance of acceptance I am not sure that anyone has that specific information. I can tell you I heard back exactly a week after the interview. They contacted me by phone
+1

For those of you who are/have been waiting to hear back: how often did/do you check in with them? I called Auburn the first week of January as I applied to all three, I'm wondering if I should call back again............. I don't want to be THAT person tough +pity+ I feel so pathetic and desperate #sad