Edward Via COM - Virginia Campus (VCOM-VC) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Withdrawing my acceptance from VCOM VA. Hope one of you gets the spot, I really liked this school!
Withdrawing my acceptance from VCOM VA. Hope one of you gets the spot, I really liked this school!
Thanks and good luck at the school you chose. I love VCOM and hope to get in

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Officially sent in my deposit!! So excited for what's to come

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there an accepted students fb page?

Accepted earlier today!!!

Reactions: 2 users
EDIT
If any current students can PM me and doesn't mind answering a few questions Id appreciate it :)

Last edited:
For those of you accepted, could you share your stats? I'm sitting here worrying and wondering if I'm near what they're looking for.

For those of you accepted, could you share your stats? I'm sitting here worrying and wondering if I'm near what they're looking for.
Without giving exact stats, GPA: 3.8-4.0 , MCAT 509-511

cGPA: 3.7 sGPA: 3.35 MCAT:24. I honestly don't think they go by stats, but by how much they actually like your app and how well you fit their mission.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
cGPA - 3.5, sGPA - 3.3, MCAT 24

To those asking, I'm a current student. Feel free to PM and I'll answer any questions

Does anyone know if VCOM accepts updates on applications? My sister was complete in September and we haven't heard back yet. We're wondering if an update would help.. MCAT is pretty low and no retake possible at this time. They haven't sent a rejection yet though.....thoughts?

Sent in my deposit, very excited to attend here in the fall!

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewing here on Monday -- so excited! Any advice?

Stats: MCAT 501 GPA (undergraduate) 3.99 Post-Bac 3.87 Cum 3.93

I have an interview on Monday at the Virginia campus. anybody have any advice?

Any IIs recently?

Interviewing here on Monday -- so excited! Any advice?

Stats: MCAT 501 GPA (undergraduate) 3.99 Post-Bac 3.87 Cum 3.93

Congrats on the II! If you don't mind me asking, when were you complete?

I emailed them recently and they responded back that I was complete. Is there an official complete email that I should look out for or is this basically what everyone else got as well?

I emailed them recently and they responded back that I was complete. Is there an official complete email that I should look out for or is this basically what everyone else got as well?

Yes, I got a complete email a couple of days after I submitted my secondary.

Regarding an accepted student Facebook page, I would suggest that someone who is good with Facebook just start one and post the link on here. First person to get it done gets to claim credit and play admin for approvals. Honestly, I just joined Facebook and barely know how to check the main page, so I am not a good candidate for the position. Hopefully we can then tap into the current MS1 page and see if some of them would come over to the page and start offering advice on different topics.

Regarding an accepted student Facebook page, I would suggest that someone who is good with Facebook just start one and post the link on here. First person to get it done gets to claim credit and play admin for approvals. Honestly, I just joined Facebook and barely know how to check the main page, so I am not a good candidate for the position. Hopefully we can then tap into the current MS1 page and see if some of them would come over to the page and start offering advice on different topics.
There is one. Just look up VCOM Virginia class of 2021

I am applying late to both VCOM-VA and VCOM-Auburn. I received a secondary to VCOM-VA. Does this apply to the Auburn campus as well, or will I possibly have to fill out their secondaries separately.

I am applying late to both VCOM-VA and VCOM-Auburn. I received a secondary to VCOM-VA. Does this apply to the Auburn campus as well, or will I possibly have to fill out their secondaries separately.

You only receive one secondary from VCOM and you rank all three campuses in the secondary itself. If you are offered an interview, then the campus at which you interview is the only campus where you will matriculate if accepted. So the secondary you received = secondary for all three campuses.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Is anyone still not complete? I submitted my secondary on 10/10 and still nothing. Pretty ridiculous.

Is anyone still not complete? I submitted my secondary on 10/10 and still nothing. Pretty ridiculous.

Does it not say that you're complete on your portal? Because if not, I would call

I would call and ask. I have had some issues with having my file complete. Even though I am complete it still doesn't show on my portal.

Hey guys -- I already asked something of similar nature in the Auburn thread but I am slated to take my MCAT January 19th. I already have taken it once, scored a 501. Submitted my secondary early September. I haven't received a complete email.

I have called them twice, over the 4 month period, given the response that my application "looks complete" but to be on the lookout for a complete email ...could my application delay be because my pending MCAT score? And if so, my scores will not be released until feb 21st, which seems to be around the time the classes fill up based off last year's thread.

Also, we don't receive a portal username and password until after we are "complete", correct?

Hey guys -- I already asked something of similar nature in the Auburn thread but I am slated to take my MCAT January 19th. I already have taken it once, scored a 501. Submitted my secondary early September. I haven't received a complete email.

I have called them twice, over the 4 month period, given the response that my application "looks complete" but to be on the lookout for a complete email ...could my application delay be because my pending MCAT score? And if so, my scores will not be released until feb 21st, which seems to be around the time the classes fill up based off last year's thread.

Also, we don't receive a portal username and password until after we are "complete", correct?
Im not positive about the specifics but if they answer you when you call, I would just ask them these questions directly, especially about the pending mcat

Does applying in Jan mean if we receive an II in Feb or March that we are interviewing for the wait-list or alt-list?

I sent in a secondary recently and I was wondering if they give us an email confirmation that a secondary has been submitted?

I had the same question. Any II lately anyone?

You only receive one secondary from VCOM and you rank all three campuses in the secondary itself. If you are offered an interview, then the campus at which you interview is the only campus where you will matriculate if accepted. So the secondary you received = secondary for all three campuses.

When did you apply and turn in your secondary if you don't mind me asking?

I sent in a secondary recently and I was wondering if they give us an email confirmation that a secondary has been submitted?

Yes there is a secondary received confirmation email. I received mine about 2 weeks after submitting my secondary.

When did you apply and turn in your secondary if you don't mind me asking?

I applied the first day you could submit applications. This was in June and I received the secondary a few days later. I pre-wrote my secondary responses so I could submit the next day. Funny thing was that I only sent in a primary application to VCOM-VC but got an interview to the Carolinas campus, which is where I'll matriculate.

Got an II today, declining most likely though. Surprising, I really thought after waiting for months to be complete they were not interested in me.

Reactions: 4 users
Got an II today, declining most likely though. Surprising, I really thought after waiting for months to be complete they were not interested in me.

Congrats! Stats/complete if you don't mind me asking?

Congrats! Stats/complete if you don't mind me asking?
I was complete near the end of October but it took over two months to be officially complete. They seem to be re- looking at applications! Stats are 3.5ish/507

Does anyone know the chances of being accepted after having a good interview? Is the decision mostly based on stats or interview?