1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

FAMU in Tallahassee FL

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by TPMOH, Mar 26, 2004.

1. TPMOH

TPMOH Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Previous posts on this forum have indicated that FAMU may be in danger of losing their Accredidation due to poor board scores. When I looked at their site yesterday, they claim that their students have a 1st time passage rate on NAPLEX of 97%. They also just got a new 30+ million dollar addition to their pharmacy college- doesn't sound like a school in trouble to me. So what gives, are people in this forum mistaken, or are they lying on their website?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dgroulx

dgroulx Night Pharmacist
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    They are averaging in all the years together. FAMU had 100% passing rate back in 2001. It is already down 3% in 2 years. It takes a lot of failures to drop the percentage down 3 points.

I've not been really impressed with any of their students and graduates that I have met through the last year.

If you are interested in the school, tour their campus. I talked with them a few years ago and they were all really nice. They only require a 2.5 GPA and no PCAT score (unlike the other 3 schools in FL).