Fgcu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NoleOT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received a call inviting me for an interview to Florida Gulf Coast University! I haven't heard much about the program and I was wondering if anyone has any input or had also heard from them!
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same boat as you, I just received a call to setup an interview and I'm not sure what to expect.

Members don't see this ad :)
Me too, I'm nervous about the interview.

I have one Friday. Please let us know how it goes tomorrow!! Good luck

I have an interview scheduled for Wednesday. I'd be curious to see what types of questions they ask you as well! Good Luck!

Thanks for wishing me luck. I was nervous so I don't remember everything. But I was interviewed by two people and they asked about seven questions and at the end they give u the opportunity to ask them questions. From what I can remember they ask about how you handle completing multiple tasks, strengths and weaknesses, what you would contribute to their program and why would u be a good OT. Good luck to everyone that has a interview.

Awesome!! Thank you!! Did they say how long until you will hear back from them? And were there any tricky ethical questions?

About 3-4 weeks but they said it may take longer because the admissions office held a lot of applications til the last minute

Members don't see this ad :)
They called me today. I have an interview two weeks from now. They said they will be interviewing during march as well and will make final decisions after all interviews have taken place.

I just received an acceptance letter today. I interviewed last Tuesday (2/12). They told me it would be about 4 weeks, so I was surprised to receive the letter so soon.

Congratulations! I just had an interview on 2/13, so I'd be curious if I get a letter sooner or later letting me know their decision! Do you mind sharing your stats? Thanks!

University: FSU
Major: Psychology
Overall GPA- 3.33
GRE: Verbal (151) & Quant (148) & Writing (4.5)
Volunteering: 50+ hours at a pediatric rehabilitation center and hand therapy center

I just received a call inviting me for an interview to Florida Gulf Coast University! I haven't heard much about the program and I was wondering if anyone has any input or had also heard from them!
Thanks!

How did your interview go?

I just had an interview yesterday, and they told me they are meeting every other week and sending out a few acceptances at a time. I am hoping I will hear something sooner than expected. I am out of state so I would have to take two courses over the summer...is anyone else in the same position?

I just had an interview yesterday, and they told me they are meeting every other week and sending out a few acceptances at a time. I am hoping I will hear something sooner than expected. I am out of state so I would have to take two courses over the summer...is anyone else in the same position?

If I'm accepted I would also have to take two courses over the summer.

I also am in need of those two courses.

I also am in need of those two courses.

Are you from FL? As of right now I do not know when those courses will start, but I am afraid I won't even have enough time to find a place to live right after graduation, and right before classes start. I guess I should first worry about getting accepted, though!

I live in Jacksonville. I am also afraid of that. I am trying to prepare but at the same time worried about getting in first. My interview is this Friday. I might go looking for places while I am down there.

Good luck! My interview was over the phone since I'm so far away, but please let me know what the pricing is like for places around the university!

I also need to take the two courses over the summer (musculoskeletal anatomy and neuroanatomy).

I was informed in my acceptance that these course will run in summer c only, which is from May 8-July 17.

Hope this helps!

I got an acceptance letter too! Mine took 2 weeks. Good luck everyone.

Is this for FGCU's master in occupational therapy program or a doctorate program? Because I was also accepted and paid the $200 dollars to reserve my seat and everything. I have to take neuro and musculoskeletal anatomy as well in the summer and was looking for a place to live.

This is for the MOT program. I am also looking for a place to live!

Im also going early may/end of april to take neuro and musculoskeletal...Im a female though. also interested in a roommate! Even if I don't end up living with u because ur a male, we should at least try and find the same area to live around. I haven't begun looking so I would have no idea what apts are the best.
-- anyone looking for a roommate or even going in summer, email me
[email protected]

Hey everyone! Congrats to all who got accepted. My name is Megan and I will also be starting in the summer (which seems to be everyone). I drove to Ft. Myers to look for housing, and I am thinking about living in Coastal Village. Because I do not know the area or people who go to FGCU, I chose Coastal because there are so many people trying to sublease in the summer for a reasonable price. Apparently Coastal Village is the only apartment complex nearby, so majority of people rent houses/townhomes in gated communities around (which I found to be kinda strange and different than my FSU undergrad experience). I am planning on subleasing for May-July from a girl for $499 a month with everything included plus individual bathrooms, pool, gym, tanning bed, and bus stops. I figured a sublease would be the best initial option, since I could figure out more about the area before I sign a year lease. There are four people per apartment, and there is an empty room in mine, so I'm sure if any of you were interested you could talk to the complex to try to be placed with me for the summer. Let me know, it would be cool to have somebody around on the graduate level as well as someone to go to the beach with!

Hey Megan,
that all sounds good to me.
if u could email me or text, we could try and get into the same room or at least the same complex/building.

[email protected]
954 608 1957

Thanks! Looking forward to hearing from you!

-Beth

Anyone applying to fgcu OT 2014?

I am applying to FGCU for 2014. :) I submitted my application at the end of December, hopefully we will be hearing back on invites for interviews sometime soon. Are you instate?

Reactions: 1 user
I already had my interview about a week ago, just playing the waiting-game now.

Reactions: 1 users
I have a Skype interview on Wednesday! Anyone who's already interviewed, would you mind sharing what the interview was like? I'm so nervous, especially having it via Skype. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Reactions: 1 user
I have a Skype interview on Wednesday! Anyone who's already interviewed, would you mind sharing what the interview was like? I'm so nervous, especially having it via Skype. Thanks in advance for the advice.
Did you get accepted?? how was the interview?

What are your stats?

Hi guys! I also have an interview on Monday! I am so excited!! :)

What are your stats?
University: University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh
Major: Kinesiology - Exercise & Fitness
Overall GPA: 3.65
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.67
GRE: V 154 Q 149 W 4

Volunteer/Job Shadow/Experience: 50 hours of job shadowing in multiple OT settings, including pediatric clinic, pediatric hippotherapy, inpatient hospital, work & industry, mental health, and school. 25 hours volunteering in a PT/OT clinic doing a program called Fitness for the Physically Challenged - cleaning, stocking treatment rooms, and assisting with group stretching sessions. 420-hour internship in childhood Exercise and Wellness.

Acceptances: Nova Southeastern University
Rejections: none so far
Interviews: Nova, FGCU, Barry

University: University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh
Major: Kinesiology - Exercise & Fitness
Overall GPA: 3.65
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.67
GRE: V 154 Q 149 W 4

Volunteer/Job Shadow/Experience: 50 hours of job shadowing in multiple OT settings, including pediatric clinic, pediatric hippotherapy, inpatient hospital, work & industry, mental health, and school. 25 hours volunteering in a PT/OT clinic doing a program called Fitness for the Physically Challenged - cleaning, stocking treatment rooms, and assisting with group stretching sessions. 420-hour internship in childhood Exercise and Wellness.

Acceptances: Nova Southeastern University
Rejections: none so far
Interviews: Nova, FGCU, Barry

Are you out of state? When did you submit your applications? Sorry for all the questions :)

Are you out of state? When did you submit your applications? Sorry for all the questions :)
No problem! :) Keep the questions coming if you have them!

I am out of state -- I'm from Wisconsin (so FL is sounding AMAZING! lol). I completed my FGCU application at the end of January...I think I sent in the final requirements around January 27th. My interview was yesterday, and they said it would be ~2-4 weeks before they make the final decision.

Have you heard anything yet, @katriiin3 ?