Fgcu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No problem! :) Keep the questions coming if you have them!

I am out of state -- I'm from Wisconsin (so FL is sounding AMAZING! lol). I completed my FGCU application at the end of January...I think I sent in the final requirements around January 27th. My interview was yesterday, and they said it would be ~2-4 weeks before they make the final decision.

Have you heard anything yet, @katriiin3 ?

Oh wow. Did you come down here for your interview? I think I sent all of my stuff in the third week of January. I haven't heard anything.. So I'm basically stressing out o_O

Members don't see this ad.

No problem! :) Keep the questions coming if you have them!

I am out of state -- I'm from Wisconsin (so FL is sounding AMAZING! lol). I completed my FGCU application at the end of January...I think I sent in the final requirements around January 27th. My interview was yesterday, and they said it would be ~2-4 weeks before they make the final decision.

Have you heard anything yet, @katriiin3 ?

Good luck! Do you mind sharing what questions they asked & how long the interview took? Just trying to get a feel for what to expect :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh wow. Did you come down here for your interview? I think I sent all of my stuff in the third week of January. I haven't heard anything.. So I'm basically stressing out o_O

I'm still waiting too, @katriiin3! Two days ago my decision status changed to "sent to college," though.. I'm not sure if that means it's now under review?

I'm still waiting too, @katriiin3! Two days ago my decision status changed to "sent to college," though.. I'm not sure if that means it's now under review?

Yea, I just checked mine and it says the same thing. Two of my friends got in the program last year and one of them was actually the last one to be interviewed and that happened I think beginning of March. She told me that admissions held on to a lot of applications and sent it out to the college for late reviews. Knowing all this should make me feel better, but it doesn't at all.

I actually did it via Skype. I have visited the campus twice though, and it is very nice! Have you been there?

And totally agree...stress levels are high right now! Lol I think it is just the uncertainty of not knowing where life is going in the next few months. Let me know if you hear anything!

Good luck! Do you mind sharing what questions they asked & how long the interview took? Just trying to get a feel for what to expect :oops:
@fmaleh and @jayeltee it took about 25 minutes...I was so nervous that I honestly don't remember many of the questions. There were 6 or 7 but many had multiple parts to answer. There were a lot of situational questions like "give an example of a time when..." They definitely make you think on your toes!

What are your stats?

University of Central Florida
Major: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.67
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: V 155 Q 149 W 4

Volunteer/Job Shadow/Experience: Over 100 hours of shadowing in two different OT settings (pediatrics and hand therapy)

Acceptances: Brenau
Rejections: none so far
Interviews: Nova, FGCU, Brenau

I GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:soexcited:

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats @CrystalM and @NachTLichT ! When were your interviews? How long did it take for you to hear back and how did you find out? Would you also mind sharing your stats?

Sorry for all the questions...the waiting is making me crazy!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am applying to FGCU for 2014. :) I submitted my application at the end of December, hopefully we will be hearing back on invites for interviews sometime soon. Are you instate?
Yes I am in state and you?

Sorry for the late reply, I had my interview on the 31st of January.

I had my Skype interview on Monday...now playing the waiting game

I interviewed 1/29 and my letter was dated 2/13. I hope everyone who gets accepted comes back to these forums so we can get in touch before school starts! Is anyone from Fort Myers or know the area? I had only ever gone to Fort Myers Beach before my interview ;)

I live in Fort Myers too!I am still waiting for the results of my interview!! they told me they plan to admit 32 students and have had approximately 150 applicants, just in case anyone is interested :).

Hey guys! I also got accepted into FGCU! Is anyone else taking the neuro and musculoskeletal anatomy this summer?

For those of you who have interviewed and received a decision - how long did it take for them to send you the decision after your interview? My interview was on February 12th, and I'm still waiting.

For those of you who have interviewed and received a decision - how long did it take for them to send you the decision after your interview? My interview was on February 12th, and I'm still waiting.

My interview was 1/29 and the letter arrived 2.5 weeks later. The day I was there was the very first day of interviews, so I think it's still early in the game. Good luck! Also, they gave us 2 weeks to accept/decline and send in a deposit.

Hi everyone! I interviewed on Feb. 11 and I have yet to receive any news about admission either so don't worry! I talked to the secretary when I was there for my interview and she said that they were probably going to have to do interviews into March so I think that they are just super busy and have a lot of applicants to go through! So don't worry if you haven't heard anything yet! :)

@CrystalM oh good!! I was worried it would be more! fingers crossed for an acceptance soon!! Did your status on the portal change as well?

I'm wondering the same thing. My status has said "Complete ready for review" and the decision has said "Sent to college" since a couple days after my interview. Does that change?

Hi everyone! I received my acceptance letter to FGCU today! :soexcited:My letter is dated February 28th and I interviewed February 17th. Good luck to everyone!!!

Hi everyone! I received my acceptance letter to FGCU today! :soexcited:My letter is dated February 28th and I interviewed February 17th. Good luck to everyone!!!
yay congratulations!!

Has anyone else heard anything recently? It has been almost 3 weeks and I am so anxious!

Hey I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering, of those of you who went to FGCU for OT, how do/did you like it? Do you feel like it's a quality program? Are you happy so far?

Also I notice that many/most of the faculty have an interest in pediatrics. (I do not). I was wondering if you feel like FGCU is strongly biased or overly emphasizes pediatrics over other areas in OT?

According to the U.S. news rankings, FGCU is ranked 116. Do you agree with this?

Any other inside information? I just want to know if you guys think FGCU is a good school and if it would be worth passing over schools like UF because of FGCU's lower cost.

Hey I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering, of those of you who went to FGCU for OT, how do/did you like it? Do you feel like it's a quality program? Are you happy so far?

Also I notice that many/most of the faculty have an interest in pediatrics. (I do not). I was wondering if you feel like FGCU is strongly biased or overly emphasizes pediatrics over other areas in OT?

According to the U.S. news rankings, FGCU is ranked 116. Do you agree with this?

Any other inside information? I just want to know if you guys think FGCU is a good school and if it would be worth passing over schools like UF because of FGCU's lower cost.

My sister is actually doing her level ii fieldwork now after completing the MOT program at FGCU. I'm not sure if you are from the area so that's why you are considering attending, but overall she did not have a great experience there. If you have another option (like UF) then I'd go with that. The program was very unorganized, the fieldwork coordinator had limited connections and didn't figure out placements till last min, etc. She said they were trying to rebuild the program this year (hire new processors and whatnot) so it could be different for future students. If you want more details then message me!

What is the longest you you guys had to wait to hear from FGCU? I had my interview on 2/14 and am still waiting to hear either way. That's over 2.5 weeks! Just wondering if anyone who was accepted last year got in a little later in March?