Finals week is over, what are your grades looking like?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yay! Got an A in UL Biochem which I thought would be an B+ at best. That helps the ****ty sGPA. Then 2 A-s in requirement classes.

Got no grade in a research class... Guessing that looks bad.
As in, it hasn't been entered yet?

Members don't see this ad.

As in, it hasn't been entered yet?
I guess that's what it means. I don't think research professor knows how to. I'm one of very few students ever in his lab.

My grades were supposed to be up about an hour ago... Nope....

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess that's what it means. I don't think research professor knows how to. I'm one of very few students ever in his lab.
So why would you assume that it is "not good" that your grades aren't entered yet?

Because they won't ever be entered lol.
You said "it looks bad." As in you aren't going to get a good grade or something. But then you said it's just because he doesn't know how to enter them.

I'm just trying to understand some of your thought processes.

You said "it looks bad." As in you aren't going to get a good grade or something. But then you said it's just because he doesn't know how to enter them.

I'm just trying to understand some of your thought processes.
Oh sorry, I just meant it might look bad to admissions to see a "no grade". I'll try to address it to him.

Oh sorry, I just meant it might look bad to admissions to see a "no grade". I'll try to address it to him.
I'm sure you institution won't let him just not enter a grade. Give him a day or two before you bother him about it, most professors are very busy at the end of the term.

Physics IV: A+++
Biochemistry of alien species: A+++ (almost got the fourth plus but I was too busy curing cancer
Residency for neuro orthopedic vascular surgery : A++++
Mandarin Chinese: A+++, plus I also did so well that my teacher got fired and I became the instructor
Plus all but 2 of my professors gave me multiple blowjobs

Reactions: 8 users
Biochemistry of alien species: A+++ (almost got the fourth plus but I was too busy curing cancer
Mandarin Chinese: A+++, plus I also did so well that my teacher got fired and I became the instructor

Acetylmandarin, out of professional concern and not from animosity, it amazes me just how straight outta left field you can sometimes be

Reactions: 1 user
I am feeling so crappy about my grades lately. I got a D in physics and a C in gen Chem lecture and an A in Chem lab... Ugh I want to be a doctor so bad :(

I'm sure you institution won't let him just not enter a grade. Give him a day or two before you bother him about it, most professors are very busy at the end of the term.
No problem, but he isn't a professor, he's the PI of my research lab at my school's medical school.

Do they generally contact professors that do not enter grades?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm really hoping for a 3.8-4.0 sGPA by the time I apply for med school. And maybe a 3.6 cGPA or above.

I am feeling so crappy about my grades lately. I got a D in physics and a C in gen Chem lecture and an A in Chem lab... Ugh I want to be a doctor so bad :(
Even though I did not receive a D this semester, I received one last semester in Psychology. I will make that my first and last D. I thought this messed up my chances of becoming a doctor, but one I said I'll retake it and two I said I'll never get a D ever again. I have a C in College Algebra, A in English Composition II, B in Communications, and awaiting my grades for Ethics.

Acetylmandarin, out of professional concern and not from animosity, it amazes me just how straight outta left field you can sometimes be

Yeah people say I'm pretty immature most of the time.

Troll level 9999999

Biology Independent Study: A
Psychology of Belief: A
Calculus 1: P

Operations Management: A+
Legal Business Studies: A+
Pathogenic Microbiology: B+
Mycology: A

How have you people got your final grades though?

I haven't even taken a single final yet :yeahright:

I'd give a blow job to a poop hot dog for a 4.0 this semester.

Reactions: 1 users
You forgot

Prayer Medicine: F---
I prayed till my hearts content but the patient still died.

Molecular Cellular Biology, Microbial Physiology, and Immunology plus labs all A's!

1....more....final...must...keep...going...want...to...be...a...doctor...

This fall is 1 B and the rest are A's (3.75 GPA). I was sick as a dog during finals week, with a very annoying, persistent cough and bad chills on the day I scrambled to finish a final research paper. Despite that and weirdly enough, I performed well on my tests and paper. Here's to another good (and very lucky) semester in the spring.

Physics II- A or A-

Orgo II- prob A- unless the professor scales our grades

Cellular/Molecular Bio- A

Comparative Anatomy- prob gonna be my first B+ in college so far
um.. how do you study?

intro bio part 1: D
intro chem part 2: A
nutri sci: B+
research: A

So far...
Differential Equations B+ :arghh: (I know it's not a bad bad grade, but having started out my first two semesters with a 4.0, it's hard to watch my GPA drop every semester, and by so much for anything but an A :mad:)
Organic Chemistry Lab A
Still waiting on Bioethics and Organic Chemistry...

May God have mercy on my GPA...

Genetics B ( a little relieved because i though i would get a B-/C+ for a while lol)
Ochem lecture B ( missed cutoff for A by 2% and no +'s)
ochem lab A
TA for freshman honors course A+
Intro to ethnic studies A+
Sociology A
Biostatistics A+

Kinda sucks though because AMCAS wont count A+'s and I am mad at myself for not being clutch with ochem :(

Finally got all my grades back!!!

Physics I: A
Honors intro to sociology: A
Spanish: A
Honors Psych Stats: A
Writing II: A

Passed all my first semester classes (pure pass/fail)

This sums up my knowledge base so far:

Crone's Genetics: A-

:( :(

Finally got my grades today!
Caribbean Literature (Spanish class): A
Human Anatomy: A
Astronomy: A
Senior capstone: A

Lol sounds like the easiest semester ever but I had such bad senioritis, I basically didn't start doing school work until November, so it was one of my most difficult semesters.

Disappointing semester, I received 2 B's and 2 C's, so ready to transfer already. It has to be because I live at home, when I'm at home I can't focus because its my absolute comfort zone and I find serenity in my room and when that happens I don't think about anything else.

intro bio part 1: D
intro chem part 2: A
nutri sci: B+
research: A
Not a D....I received one of those once and I hope its my last time. I have to come up with some reasonable explanation of that grade during my interview.

Not a D....I received one of those once and I hope its my last time. I have to come up with some reasonable explanation of that grade during my interview.
I know :((( smh. I didn't study right for that class. We had 3 diff professors for 3 diff sections and it was hard to adjust to all of their styles. Oh well can't blame it on them. I just wasn't diligent enough. Gonna retake it soon, prob senior year :/

So my finals start next week. I've had a very tumultuous 4 months (completely non-school related) and it has definitely affected my academics.

This is how my grades are looking like:

Bio: A (my average in this class is above 100% because of the curve; I'm not worried about the final.)
Bio lab: A (currently a solid A but my TA has not given out grades for the second half of the semester yet; no final exam)
Chem I: B+/A (depends on how/if my professor curves. All my (3) midterm exams have been 'A's, though.)
Chem I lab: A (just need a ~60% minimum on my final to maintain...this lab class is challenging but very manageable if you're careful.)
Physics: B+ (can turn into an A if I get "100" in my final or if the professor curves)
Physics lab: A (no final exam; likely my final grade)

My school calculates GPA on an interval of 0.5 so A is 4.0, B+ is 3.5, B is 3.0, C+ is 2.5, C is 2.0 and so on.

I wouldn't even be in a borderline situation or depend on curves if my life these past months hadn't been so messed up. It's really bothering me because I know I am very capable. I'm a post-bac trying to bump up my not so stellar GPA. A 4.0 is a must for me to even have a modicum of a chance to get into the kinds of schools I want.

Updates:
Bio: So, I can confirm I got an "A" for the Bio course.
Chem I: My raw scores for all my assignments have been posted. I know my scaled score for all of them but my final exam. My professor surprised us with an ACS final. Because I was obsessed with showing ALL MY WORK and NEATLY on scrap paper (due to a compulsive habit when I'm given scrap paper), I straight guessed on at least 15 questions in the last 1 minute...I put one letter on all the guesses haha. Ended up with a score of 35/70. Not great. I need at least an 87% on my final to retain my A in the course. Who knows how my professor will scale a 35/70 of an ACS exam. In our previous midterm, a 65% was scaled to an A. I'm pretty nervous. If only he told us he was giving us the ACS exam, I could have scored MUCH better and studied for content not covered in lecture!
Physics: My physics final was so weird. I don't even know what to think of it. It could have either gone pretty well or really really badly. It was very conceptually-based, which strongly deviated from the previous exams he's given us. I don't have any idea what my actual grade looks like for this course and going off my the unscaled scores gives me heart palpitations haha...this professor's curving formula is better guarded than the Crown Jewels!

5 more grades left to be posted and 1 final left to take! So exciting.

Last edited:
Update: Turns out the B I thought I got is an A. So it's all As/4.0 this semester. Sweet. :D

The class in question was online General Psychology. In retrospect, I wouldn't take an online class again. Despite its convenience, I didn't like the impersonal atmosphere and would much rather prefer the traditional sit-in lecture to better learn and retain the material. Due to schedule conflicts, the online class was my only option. The material's very straightforward, so I had no problem with completing assignments and doing well on tests and quizzes. Then I ran into a technical hitch-up on the last of my 4 exams, and since policy dictates that "under no circumstances retakes are allowed," I wound up with a 14/50, ~28/100. It dropped my average by a whole letter grade. That one stinky grade offset the rest of my good ones. Of course I was devastated and I panicked, and felt like a downright idiot for taking the test on wi-fi instead of the more reliable landline. My professor didn't seem to budge when I attempted to resolve the issue with her, so I thought I'd have to settle for a low B even if I aced the final. I was happy and surprised to see the A instead when final averages came out. Either she curved the final or dropped the lowest exam grade for the whole class. I dunno. She never told me. Either way, problem solved, and I'm running with that A.

Lol current senior and already applied to medical school. Basically it's like pass/fail this semester. As long as I don't get multiple Cs I'll be fine. I have a couple of finals left but I think I'll make: a couple of A(s), A-, B+, B. I'm a biomedical engineering major at a top 10 and these upper level electives aren't easy.

Lol this semester somehow turned out nicer than I thought:
Statistical Thermodynamics (4 creds)- A
Microfabrication Lab (4 creds)- A
Kinetic Processes (Chemical Engineering) (4 creds)- A-
Mathematical Modeling of Differential Equations (4 creds)- A+
BME research (3 creds)- A

**** yeah that means I can take it easy next sem and graduate summa cum laude. Now only if I can get a couple more IIs this cycle haha.

Last edited:
Two grades posted online so far
General Chemistry 2: A
Ecology: A

Classes I'm waiting on final grades on:
Art 204
Fitness for living
Communications
random 1 credit weight lifting class
Gen Chem 2 lab
I'm expecting A's in each of these as well but don't want to say for sure until everything is official.
Yay I got As in everything. cumulative GPA is now 3.94

I swear my school ends the latest... I have a friend who took his last final 3 hours ago lol

Had a great end to this semester though, now I can finally chill! :D

Korean - A
Gen Chem II - A+
Biochem - A
Sociology - A

I'm just telling you this now because it's better to find out earlier than later, if you legitimately got a C in College Algebra (not because you missed a test, were sick a lot etc.) I would change career choices. Math skills, despite not being directly related to medicine, are important to both getting into med school and being a physician. Wait till you get to Chemistry, and then Orgo; most schools like to see a semester of Calculus or two. Algebra is not a hard class at all so I would just be careful; either turn your grades around or think very hard about where you are headed (up or down).

I can tell you, because I've seen many students in this situation, that having to change majors your junior or senior year because you don't have the GPA to get into med school is a very tough reality. Also remember that people with below a 3.5 GPA have a significant disadvantage to be accepted to any med school; one semester won't hurt you especially if it's your first year, but again, just think very wisely about where you think you would be headed.

Sociology: A
Organic Chemistry II: A
Cognition: A
Public Policy: B+

Last edited: