Finals week is over, what are your grades looking like?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dreamadream

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
*UPDATE*
Ethics: C
English II: B
College Algebra: C
Communications: B
Not a good semester, but I can recover next semester and of course I don't have any D's so that's something to be thankful about.
It is so hard to receive an A in college, good luck people.
My grades are horrid...I know.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It's okay, I've been there.... Have you taken any science classes or are you a freshman? If you're getting a D in Algebra, I'd serious try to attack your studying skills ASAP.

Actually I should be getting an A- or A in every class but we'll see. Nothing is set in stone until Monday.

It's okay, I've been there.... Have you taken any science classes or are you a freshman? If you're getting a D in Algebra, I'd serious try to attack your studying skills ASAP.

Actually I should be getting an A- or A in every class but we'll see. Nothing is set in stone until Monday.
No I'll be in science courses Summer 2016, my credits classify me as a freshman, but I am a sophomore.

Members don't see this ad :)
No I'll be in science courses Summer 2016, my credits classify me as a freshman, but I am a sophomore.
Is Algebra just hard for you or was it a fluke? It shows up in Chemistry and especially, Physics.

I'll bite. Next week is finals for me, but it would take a catastrophe for my grades to change at this point. Just have to keep up the quality of work that I have been.

Scientific Writing in the Life Sciences - A
Biostatistics for Population Health - A
Molecular Techniques in Biotechnology Lab - A
Introduction to Neuroscience - A
Independent Research - A
Service Learning - A

Reactions: 5 users
Is Algebra just hard for you or was it a fluke? It shows up in Chemistry and especially, Physics.
Nothing is hard because if I don't understand what the professor means, then I'll go to YouTube and watch khan academy, mathbff, or yayymath videos. It's just retaining the info. I've also been printing out worksheets and practicing on those.

Reactions: 1 user
I'll bite. Next week is finals for me, but it would take a catastrophe for my grades to change at this point. Just have to keep up the quality of work that I have been.

Scientific Writing in the Life Sciences - A
Biostatistics for Population Health - A
Molecular Techniques in Biotechnology Lab - A
Introduction to Neuroscience - A
Independent Research - A
Service Learning - A
Good stats, how do you get high grades like this? What's your study hours? What do you do wen studying. I look at this and feel ashamed of my effort because these classes are gen ed, so why do I have such average grades...maybe I just have average effort.

Good stats, how do you get high grades like this? What's your study hours? What do you do wen studying. I look at this and feel ashamed of my effort because these classes are gen ed, so why do I have such average grades...maybe I just have average effort.

Send me a PM. We can talk there!

Gen Chem II - ehhhh I REALLY don't even know. 50% of the grade still hangs in the balance. Hopefully an A but I'm still waiting on a midterm grade and the final is next week. It's driving me insane.
Biology II - ehhhh probably an A-, an A if there is some kind of miracle. Knocked lab work out of the park (50% of grade) but can't break the low 80s on lecture exams.
Art History - easy A
Sociology - easy A

Gen Chem II - ehhhh I REALLY don't even know. 50% of the grade still hangs in the balance. Hopefully an A but I'm still waiting on a midterm grade and the final is next week. It's driving me insane.
Biology II - ehhhh probably an A-, an A if there is some kind of miracle. Knocked lab work out of the park (50% of grade) but can't break the low 80s on lecture exams.
Art History - easy A
Sociology - easy A
What's your major?

my 3.81 is gonna go down to a 3.76 so I'm pretty upset. Of course, my poll numbers are trending up, so I've got that going for me ... Which is nice :)

Reactions: 1 users
What's your major?

Math major but you wouldn't know it by looking at this semester. I'm in my second year and had sort of a crisis deciding what to major in, so I just took pre-med classes and GE requirements. It hasn't been a bad semester.

finals don't end till next week so I am still drowning in MCAT and Finals prep :bang::bang:
just one more week

Members don't see this ad :)
My finals week is NOT OVER, still have three more. Felt good about my gen chem exam this morning.

I haven't even started my finals yet :arghh: First one is on Tuesday.

Physics II- A or A-

Orgo II- prob A- unless the professor scales our grades

Cellular/Molecular Bio- A

Comparative Anatomy- prob gonna be my first B+ in college so far
Good stats. How the h.e double hockey stick does everyone receive A's? I have yet to obtain an A in undergrad. My chances are of med school are lower and lower each semester hopefully I have an upward trend here on out.

Math major but you wouldn't know it by looking at this semester. I'm in my second year and had sort of a crisis deciding what to major in, so I just took pre-med classes and GE requirements. It hasn't been a bad semester.
Math, wow...seems tough. I'm a criminal justice major.

Unless I have a stroke during my exams next week, "Pass" across the board for this guy. Oh the joys of pure pass/fail medical schools... I don't miss the days of fretting over an A vs. an A-.

Reactions: 3 users
I have a D in college algebra(taking the final next week) so I have to score a B or above to pass this class.
B in Communications.
Can't tell what I have in English, but I received a B on my first essay(prof. giving me a chance to revise) and a A on my second, still have to turn in one more essay. (Most likely will receive an A)
Had a C on midterms for ethics, but I do not know where I stand now.
I plan on taking Spanish, Calc, (some other gen ed next semester because the seats in criminal justice are filled)
It is so hard to receive an A in college, good luck people.
My grades are horrid...I know.

3.84 freshman first semester. It could be better, but I find anthropology extremely boring...

Don't complain about 3.84, that's GREAT

It irritates me that the class I should be getting an A in, I have an A-.. I wonder if I should annoy the professor for extra credit or bump me up if he can. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
It irritates me that the class I should be getting an A in, I have an A-..
I have a B in spanish, which I should have an A in. But honestly, I could care less about that language and don't want to stress myself out anymore about it. I have A's in the classes that adcoms care about.

Honors and passes ;)

Three exams to go so I can't say much but I took my physics exam today and that class came out to an A! :)

Now let's see what my psych stats has in store for me :(... Worst class ever

Lol current senior and already applied to medical school. Basically it's like pass/fail this semester. As long as I don't get multiple Cs I'll be fine. I have a couple of finals left but I think I'll make: a couple of A(s), A-, B+, B. I'm a biomedical engineering major at a top 10 and these upper level electives aren't easy.

Physics - A+ (easiest class I've ever taken... I've gotten a 100 on each of the 8 quizzes)

Research Methods in Psych - A+ (another freebee, most of it is just common sense and some critical thinking)

Systemic Physiology - anywhere from a B to an A-, depending on the final.

Basically, this quarter I took the two easiest classes I've ever taken in my life, as well as the hardest (in terms of volume of material learned at least)

Good luck on finals everyone.

Use whatever is left in the reservoir.

If you are drinking coffee to stay up you need to do so early in the day and displace adenosine from the receptor mechanism of action of coffee) early in the day. Naturally adenosine builds up all throughout the day. Making you tired in the evening. By having coffee early in the day it prevents and acts as an antagonist to this build-up of tired.

Take naps on your desk/bed. Not more than 30 min. It will consolidate 1-2 hours of information.

Just some tips I found work really well.

My finals week is next week, so I'm guesstimating.

Biochem & Mol Bio I - A
Honors Psych - Hopefully A, but B seems likely
Intro to Sexuality Studies - A
Feminist Theory - A
Sexuality, Gender & Health - A

If I can keep psych at an A my cGPA will be ~3.92, sGPA ~3.87.

I'm hoping to just come out with a B in physics, just take the hit and smile. Class averages on exams has been in the 50s to high 60s and I've been on both sides of the line. No one knows what he curves to and past students have lips shut like they're giving exam answers or something by saying what the class gets curved to. -_-

I've stressed too much about it that I have no more **** left to give.

Reactions: 2 users
My first semester at a 4-year!!!

Organic Chem 1 - A- (woulda been an A, but I didn't study Unit 1 stuff well which ended up being at least 15 questions on our final today. Such a rookie mistake. I focused on the final unit for studying because I felt like I knew everything else and needed to focus on the "harder" stuff)

Physics 2 - A-

Language Class - A

Scientific Research - A

It irritates me that the class I should be getting an A in, I have an A-.. I wonder if I should annoy the professor for extra credit or bump me up if he can. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Don't be that person. The prof doesn't want to mark extra assignments to boost your ego

gen chem 1 - A
gen chem lab 1 - A
human A&P 1 - A
human A&P lab 1 - A
gen ed class - A
internship -P

Nothing too crazy this term. I'll be taking all these classes again as the next part of the sequence next term but I'll be throwing a Genetics and recitation in there too.

gen chem 1 - A
gen chem lab 1 - A
human A&P 1 - A
human A&P lab 1 - A
gen ed class - A
internship -P

Nothing too crazy this term. I'll be taking all these classes again as the next part of the sequence next term but I'll be throwing a Genetics and recitation in there too.
Why would you be retaking these classes?

My first semester at a 4-year!!!

Organic Chem 1 - A- (woulda been an A, but I didn't study Unit 1 stuff well which ended up being at least 15 questions on our final today. Such a rookie mistake. I focused on the final unit for studying because I felt like I knew everything else and needed to focus on the "harder" stuff)

Physics 2 - A-

Language Class - A

Scientific Research - A
Seeee, our college just gives use a simple A, B, C, D, or F, none of that - or + stuff. But I'm transferring next year.

Cool beaches and breezes until graduation:cool: Even though I know I can slack off a little, I still don't. Being a neurotic, 'type A' person is a curse.

Evolution: A-
Nutritional Epigenetics: A
Finding God in All Things: A(- maybe)
Ethical Theory: A(- maybe)
Biochem Lab: A
Intro to Asian Philosophy: A

Biochemistry: Probably an A- or B+
Microbio: A
Microbio lab: A- or A
Comm: A
English Lit: A- (**** this class. I hate shakespeare)

=14 credits

I'm hoping to just come out with a B in physics, just take the hit and smile. Class averages on exams has been in the 50s to high 60s and I've been on both sides of the line. No one knows what he curves to and past students have lips shut like they're giving exam answers or something by saying what the class gets curved to. -_-

I've stressed too much about it that I have no more **** left to give.

This is just like my Physics class. The class average seems to be around the 50s (self-reported because my professor doesn't tell us the average) and most people end up with a C. I feel like I'm borderline between a B+ and an A. I really need that A. I'm busting my butt to get a perfect score for the final exam, which would give me an a "traditional A" in the class, if that makes sense. Nothing less than 100 will do unless the magical curve people talk about is true. I wish folks would give me more deets haha. It's not even like my school is cutthroat. The silence is weird.

Seeee, our college just gives use a simple A, B, C, D, or F, none of that - or + stuff. But I'm transferring next year.

Consider yourself lucky. The extra partitioning with the +/- is severely annoying.
I had to pry my eyes out to make sure I had a 93-95% percent (depending on class) rather than a regular 90%.
I really hate +/- grades with a passion :bang: Its just an added level of stress. I much rather have the hump to jump over to earn a A than play in the murky trenches of 15 point partitions. Then you get in the mood of analyzing the entire semester and being like "ohhh that one quiz question. Or if only I had read that one slide more to get that one question right. If only I had not changed number 24 ".

Got my grades finalized though, jumped up and down the elevator when I saw the end result! Its been a tough semester. I hope I am prepared for the next one, which is gonna be the hardest yet by any measure.

Pharmacology - A+
Molecular - A
Calc - A
Biochem - A+

Clinical Skills- P
Hematology- HP
Psychiatry- HP
Neuroanatomy I- HP
Neuroanatomy II- HP
Musculoskeletal- HP
Gastroenterology/Intestinal- ???

So my finals start next week. I've had a very tumultuous 4 months (completely non-school related) and it has definitely affected my academics.

This is how my grades are looking like:

Bio: A (my average in this class is above 100% because of the curve; I'm not worried about the final.)
Bio lab: A (currently a solid A but my TA has not given out grades for the second half of the semester yet; no final exam)
Chem I: B+/A (depends on how/if my professor curves. All my (3) midterm exams have been 'A's, though.)
Chem I lab: A (just need a ~60% minimum on my final to maintain...this lab class is challenging but very manageable if you're careful.)
Physics: B+ (can turn into an A if I get "100" in my final or if the professor curves)
Physics lab: A (no final exam; likely my final grade)

My school calculates GPA on an interval of 0.5 so A is 4.0, B+ is 3.5, B is 3.0, C+ is 2.5, C is 2.0 and so on.

I wouldn't even be in a borderline situation or depend on curves if my life these past months hadn't been so messed up. It's really bothering me because I know I am very capable. I'm a post-bac trying to bump up my not so stellar GPA. A 4.0 is a must for me to even have a modicum of a chance to get into the kinds of schools I want.

This is just like my Physics class. The class average seems to be around the 50s (self-reported because my professor doesn't tell us the average) and most people end up with a C. I feel like I'm borderline between a B+ and an A. I really need that A. I'm busting my butt to get a perfect score for the final exam, which would give me an a "traditional A" in the class, if that makes sense. Nothing less than 100 will do unless the magical curve people talk about is true. I wish folks would give me more deets haha. It's not even like my school is cutthroat. The silence is weird.

This is exactly what's happening in my class. Some mysterious curve, I had all As in all the other prereqs this has been quite the hit to my self-esteem haha.

Our average is self reported as well as he doesn't tell us and past students just keep saying, don't worry it'll work out. Right, blind faith is so easy. I need an A as well to come out unscathed if there is no curve.