Finals week is over, what are your grades looking like?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Research Seminar: S
Premed Success: A
Advanced Neurophysiology: A
Human Morphology & Function 1: A
Human Morphology & Function 1 Lab: A
Physics 2: by the graces of God and all that is holy... A

Those are my final grades overall. I literally have NO IDEA HOW I GOT AN A IN PHYSICS 2. I feel like I don't know any physics at all but I was in the right part of the curve. :dead: My professor curves to make the class average a C. I must have guessed on more than 10 questions out of 40 on the cumulative final and somehow I ended up with 103%. WTF?

But in all seriousness I'm super stoked. This was the last semester of my undergraduate career and it was my goal to finish it off with a 4.0 semester. The senioritis has been so real this past month, but somehow I was able to endure. I only had two really easy classes and I also started getting research experience. Congrats to my fellow premeds that are doing well. Bigger grats to you med students! I hope I will be one of you 2 years from now.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
How is physics hard if you got an A in all those other courses? Or are those courses not as hard as their names imply?

How is physics hard if you got an A in all those other courses? Or are those courses not as hard as their names imply?
I honestly think it's because I had a really notoriously easy professor for physics 1. He gave us too many short cuts so I never formed a solid foundation of physics knowledge. That was my mistake. I felt like a fish out of water from day one of physics 2 (different professor). I wasn't happy with the text book that my university uses. I took physics on the main campus of a state university (i.e. 150+ students in my class). If I buckled down and put more hours into studying for that class I'd feel more comfortable with the material. I'm going to have to teach myself physics pretty much from scratch for the MCAT.

All of my other classes were taken at my university's honors college (small class sizes, renowned professors, etc.)
The classes were more difficult if you base it on content alone, but I had some very high quality resources at my disposal and the material was way more interesting (IMO). My professors were very approachable and I put more effort into their classes. I even scored two letters of recommendation, a research position, and after-graduation employment from these classes. :cat:

Members don't see this ad :)
Good stats. How the h.e double hockey stick does everyone receive A's? I have yet to obtain an A in undergrad. My chances are of med school are lower and lower each semester hopefully I have an upward trend here on out.
Review constantly and efficetively. You will get it
Finals is over. Go celebrate!!

If I do well on my final exam I forgot about.

Good luck on finals everyone.

Use whatever is left in the reservoir.

If you are drinking coffee to stay up you need to do so early in the day and displace adenosine from the receptor mechanism of action of coffee) early in the day. Naturally adenosine builds up all throughout the day. Making you tired in the evening. By having coffee early in the day it prevents and acts as an antagonist to this build-up of tired.

Take naps on your desk/bed. Not more than 30 min. It will consolidate 1-2 hours of information.

Just some tips I found work really well.
someone is/ has taken an A&P class:banana:

Clinical Skills- P
Hematology- HP
Psychiatry- HP
Neuroanatomy I- HP
Neuroanatomy II- HP
Musculoskeletal- HP
Gastroenterology/Intestinal- ???
Mad Jack got BANNED?! :(:(:(

Reactions: 1 users
who is that guy, why do people keep talking about him?

Members don't see this ad :)
*Update of grades*
Ethics: Don't know because my professor doesn't update grades(fire him)most likely a C
Communications:B
College Algebra:C(maybe a B because of extra credit)
English Comp II:A
*Winter session class*
Health
*Spring semester classes*
Spanish I
Calculus I
Maybe Women's Studies
Psychology(retake)
and then off to transfer

Reactions: 1 user
Tissue Engineering - A
Probability and Statistics - A
Senior Design - A
FDA/Economics - A or B
Machine Design - A or B
Systems and Controls - B or C <-- the worst engineering class I've ever taken. by far.

No, you aren't...
Yes I am, I am a grade up from my original thread post in two classes...that's progress my friend. I went from a B to an A in English and a C to a B into college algebra...so yeah.

No, I'm not perfect

Eh, ok.

Supply Chain Transports: A
Operations Research II: A
Simulations II: A
Organic Chem II: A? (need to make an 88 on the final for an A) :/

I got a 3.5 (one grade report left), of these grades: A, B+, B+, P (passed a pass/fail PE course, doesn't count for AMCAS, but I'll still include it here). One of the B+ is in an incredibly easy class that I studied lots for but I couldn't break B's on any of the exams (horticulture, don't laugh).

I had a 3.9 last year before transferring, and am going to get a 3.5 this semester it seems. Can I recover from this (and the B+ in the horticulture class), or should I look at PA school? I know this might seem like an overreaction but I'm serious.

I got a 3.5 (one grade report left), of these grades: A, B+, B+, P (passed a pass/fail PE course, doesn't count for AMCAS, but I'll still include it here). One of the B+ is in an incredibly easy class that I studied lots for but I couldn't break B's on any of the exams (horticulture, don't laugh).

I had a 3.9 last year before transferring, and am going to get a 3.5 this semester it seems. Can I recover from this (and the B+ in the horticulture class), or should I look at PA school? I know this might seem like an overreaction but I'm serious.
Overreaction

OK good to hear. I hate to seem like a neurotic pre-med, but...
Trust me, I've been on edge more than you, the people on here to me to see a therapist for my anxiety and I listened

Grades are posted in 3 hours and I'm a nervous wreck.

Fixed that for you
I don't understand why professor aren't posting exam grades. :( Isn't that against the rules.. How do I know I got the grade I deserve.

I don't understand why professor aren't posting exam grades. :( Isn't that against the rules.. How do I know I got the grade I deserve.
The grade you deserve is whatever grade they give you....

You almost always have the option of contacting your professor and looking at your final in person after the semester. Grades can be adjusted after submission if necessary.

The grade you deserve is whatever grade they give you....
Professors make mistakes all the time. My friend got a C- in Orgo and after contacting the professor, he noticed he made a mistake.

Maybe they are still grading them?

24 minutes 51 seconds

Took my physics final this morning, true to my luck, last night was the most horrendous night ever.

3 year old vomiting every hour on the hour, did not sleep a second through the night. 5 year old with diarrhea and barely controlling it in his sleep. Ungodly amount of sheet/outfit changes.

I was so exhausted and distracted this morning, I went it to exams expecting to fail. We'll see in a few days.

I received 1 A, 1 A-, and 2 B's. One of those B's are BS by the way. I'll just let it be though.

As a reapplicant I was taking 2 4000 level classes and working 30 hours a week. I received A+ in both of the classes. I was actually the only person in my Endocrinology class or 60 to receive an A+, so I'm pretty proud of that.

Microbial Pathogens: A+
Endocrinology: A+

Two grades posted online so far
General Chemistry 2: A
Ecology: A

Classes I'm waiting on final grades on:
Art 204
Fitness for living
Communications
random 1 credit weight lifting class
Gen Chem 2 lab
I'm expecting A's in each of these as well but don't want to say for sure until everything is official.

Yay! Got an A in UL Biochem which I thought would be an B+ at best. That helps the ****ty sGPA. Then 2 A-s in requirement classes.

Got no grade in a research class... Guessing that looks bad.

Still have not taken finals and have none of my final grades. Everyone is is finishing up or has already left, it's like completely deserted around here :(