financing the interview trail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dotcb

---------
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas on how to pay for going to all these interviews other than using my credit card? school loans will only award $$$ up to the cost of attendance, so I can't borrow any more from that perspective. does anyone have any links to programs or resources? what have people done in prior years? Visa? or Mastercard?

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry, the credit card is pretty much the way most people go. Or the relocation loan. That's about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sometimes you can take out other loans through the school.

I was planning on robbing banks and hooking it in the cities I am interviewing in.

That bank closed the day I got a job in high school.

Yeah, I was supposed to 'make my own way.'

Little did they know, I just found the way to the bank, not to some pulled-up-by-the-bootstraps kinda job. The bootstraps and med school don't get together all that often anymore. More's the pity!

Remember, there's always medical research. They pay their subjects a decent amount (but for what long-term outcomes ... :eek: )

or simulation actors for medicas students to perfect their physical exam skills....pays very well...

"no that is Not the prostate...it is higher up...."

I'm living just fine off of one hemisphere of my brain. Maybe you could give up one and get a good price!