First year signing contract salaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NormanBoreman

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SDN,

I was wondering if some graduates could share some of the contracts they have been offered?

I am going to be a DS1 and am already wondering what kind of salary I should be expecting after I graduate from DS. lol

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
maybe worry about passing boards and getting licensed first.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think it's a fair question considering the cost of schools.

Sure, but you'd think this question would be a known quantity before shelling out $200-400k on dental school.

Sure, but you'd think this question would be a known quantity before shelling out $200-400k on dental school.

Markets constantly change. Answers today are different for tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 users
Dentist salaries have not changed for over a decade
Keyword salary not income. Salaries are more guaranteed and likely that you work for someone. If you work for yourself, or have production based income you have way different payment and no guarantee to your income since your guaranteed pay is lower and your potential income is potentially higher/lower than a salary.

Reactions: 1 user
Keyword salary not income. Salaries are more guaranteed and likely that you work for someone. If you work for yourself, or have production based income you have way different payment and no guarantee to your income since your guaranteed pay is lower and your potential income is potentially higher/lower than a salary.

The OP is asking about salaries for a freshly graduated associate

I'm an incoming D1 but know a few 2016 graduates that got contracts outside the city (rural) for $150K (40 hrs week)
Others got $600-$1000 per day but for 3 days a week.
It really depends on where you go and who you know.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm an incoming D1 but know a few 2016 graduates that got contracts outside the city (rural) for $150K (40 hrs week)

Thanks for an actual answer haha :)

Reactions: 5 users

How far from the city is "rural"? 1.5 hours?

How far from the city is "rural"? 1.5 hours?
Yes about 1-1.5h It depends on the state too. For example some states don't have big cities or they are mostly rural. So 1.5h is about right. If you have a huge city where people commute 1-1.5h from the burbs then "rural" is much further out.

I read it as "tree fiddy".

I don't think it's the salary that's the issue. It's the minimum amount you need to bring in collections each day / week and the clause that states you can't open a practice within X amount of miles from them