FlexMed 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@EMShhhh Nope! I'm just gonna assume we may hear something back the 26th? in the past people have started to hear back on the 25th of february

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow we're either really bad or really good (competitive)....that or they have already sent out invites but i'm hoping it's more of the former and they're still deciding. ;)

Reactions: 1 user
well i know the decisions for regular cycle admissions has not come out yet, so that might be why its a little later? (possibly later lol)

Hi, future flexmed applicant, these are my stats

HS:
GPA 3.3 ( highly selective Early College Program)
SAT math+CR 710+670=1380, 710 on Writing
EC. President of Sports Analysis, Vice President of Curent Events Club, Secretary of Red Cross Club, peer mentor, Peer tutor, student ambassador, soloist on trumpet, piano, guitar
1000 hours non clinical volunteering,
200 hours clinical volunteering
400 hours shadowing

College
GPA 4.0, Biology major w/ History Minor , Honors Program Student, Various merit scholarships and grants
Jewish Student Association and Biology Student Organization(possible E-Board member by time of applciation)
100 hours of non clinical volunteering(and counting)
100 hours of shadowing(and counting)
Future planned research and clinical volunteering over the summer

Chances of getting in? Thankyou so much!!!

Hi, future flexmed applicant, these are my stats

HS:
GPA 3.3 ( highly selective Early College Program)
SAT math+CR 710+670=1380, 710 on Writing
EC. President of Sports Analysis, Vice President of Curent Events Club, Secretary of Red Cross Club, peer mentor, Peer tutor, student ambassador, soloist on trumpet, piano, guitar
1000 hours non clinical volunteering,
200 hours clinical volunteering
400 hours shadowing

College
GPA 4.0, Biology major w/ History Minor , Honors Program Student, Various merit scholarships and grants
Jewish Student Association and Biology Student Organization(possible E-Board member by time of applciation)
100 hours of non clinical volunteering(and counting)
100 hours of shadowing(and counting)
Future planned research and clinical volunteering over the summer

Chances of getting in? Thankyou so much!!!

I am always confused by these posts. Your college stats are competitive, but none of us can provide you any percentages on your specific odds to get in.

Reactions: 1 users
I am always confused by these posts. Your college stats are competitive, but none of us can provide you any percentages on your specific odds to get in.

Thanks for your reply, I was just scrolling through here and I saw some people posting their stats so I thought I might as well see my chances. Do you know anybody that got accepted and would be willing to share their stats/journey with me? I'm a freshman student looking to apply next year. Thankyou

@bukharboy,

Most of us are still waiting on interview invites from Flexmed and will probably not hear back from Flexmed about acceptances until July. You might want to check last years forum or wait until July when we all hear back from Flexmed to see whether or not your stats mesh with those of someone who got accepted.

@bukharboy,

Most of us are still waiting on interview invites from Flexmed and will probably not hear back from Flexmed about acceptances until July. You might want to check last years forum or wait until July when we all hear back from Flexmed to see whether or not your stats mesh with those of someone who got accepted.
Thankyou

Do they usually let people know in the mornings? Does anyone know

Tbh at this point while I would love to get an interview just hearing if someone else got an interview would make me feel better to know that the interviews are being sent out...and that i'm not just here left in the dark wondering if anything is happening:nailbiting:.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just called and spoke to admissions. Applications are still in screening and no interviews have been sent out. I wonder if that means they got a lot of applications this year?

I just called and spoke to admissions. Applications are still in screening and no interviews have been sent out. I wonder if that means they got a lot of applications this year?
Lmao I just called them too, and they said "we wanted to be more thoughtful this year so we're taking a bit longer with reviewing the applications."

Did they mention when they might start sending out invites?

Anyone else going crazy and refreshing their email every 20 mins? lol

Reactions: 3 users
I got another email from UF's MHP this morning and got scared again lol. Not worrying is hard, but I'm sure everyone has a reason they wanted to pursue FlexMed and the anxiety totally makes sense. Everyone should distract themselves with planning a spring break! Or trying to figure out how to do what you were going to do if you don't get into FlexMed.

me, every time I come here and see new posts:
5626cc3aa985884792fc7a6ff4cc90cb

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know around what time of the day they usually let people know?

Guy I talked to said interview invitations will be sent sometime this month and also the number of applicants is about average.

Reactions: 3 users
Guy I talked to said interview invitations will be sent sometime this month and also the number of applicants is about average.
Sometime this month??? Ugh they are killing us. What does about average mean?

Dying because I’m on my way home for spring break and a thought in my head just popped up wondering if anything was found out about interviews so I ended up here. Don’t know why my notifications never said anything tho....

Last edited:
I'm curious as to the differences between the pool from this year and previous years. The interviews for this cycle will be the most delayed by a significant margin since FlexMed's inception and the introduction of spring interview dates.

Maybe they have more applicants coming from schools besides the Ivy League? Other than that I’m not sure what differences there are between this year’s pool and past pool’s that could cause them to take longer with reviewing applications.

Will they send rejections now, or wait until the end of may?

Will they send rejections now, or wait until the end of may?
I can't remember if it was last year or the year before...but I remember someone getting an early rejection not just in May

I can't remember if it was last year or the year before...but I remember someone getting an early rejection not just in May
I heard that in 2015 people got rejected the first week in February so it may be random but not sure. Maybe since they are taking longer they are making more decisions early on??

Maybe we will find out on the Ides of March....

(The suspense is rather Shakespearean, amirite?)

cmon HEADS HIGH nobody's even been rejected yet why are we talkin about rejection

Reactions: 4 users
Hopefully Monday will be the start of interview invites. Hey guys, I need advice. I'm torn between a summer program and taking another class this summer. Taking this other class will significantly free up my fall especially in that it will allow me to focus better and figure out what my study habits are and what makes me more effective. Any advice? (I'm still going to be taking two science classes and a 15+ credit load in the fall).

Hopefully Monday will be the start of interview invites. Hey guys, I need advice. I'm torn between a summer program and taking another class this summer. Taking this other class will significantly free up my fall especially in that it will allow me to focus better and figure out what my study habits are and what makes me more effective. Any advice? (I'm still going to be taking two science classes and a 15+ credit load in the fall).

Dunno how much we can contribute, but it sounds like you're leaning toward taking another class. What kind of program is it? I imagine you could do something enjoyable/similar to the program at the same time you're taking your class, but then I don't really know what program it is.

does anybody have an idea what day of the week decisions typically come out?

I GOT ONE TOO - LITERALLY JUMPED OUT OF MY CHAIR AND STARTED YELLING YES LOL

Congrats to everyone that got invites!!!! Does anyone know if they will continue to send them out, or do y'all think there's only gonna be one round this time because it was so late? It seems they divided invites by type of application in the past (Natural Sciences vs. Social Sciences/Humanities), so maybe they could be doing that, but idk.

(Also hi everyone! I've been following the forum for a while, but just recently joined!)

Got one!

Also quick question: I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter but when applying for residencies, they don't ask for MCAT scores right (since if you get into this program, you can't and won't take it). That wouldn't hurt chances right? (Paranoid but better safe than sorry).

Got invite.....my soul is leaving my mortal body.....
uhHH and i’m a humanities major, in case that factors into invite dates!
They gave most of April for options basically, almost all weekdays from 2-20th. Looks like the interview day schedule ends at like 1:30pm-ish!

Got invite.....my soul is leaving my mortal body.....
uhHH and i’m a humanities major, in case that factors into invite dates!
They gave most of April for options basically, almost all weekdays from 2-20th. Looks like the interview day schedule ends at like 1:30pm-ish!
Im a typical biology related major, and I applied during the last week before the deadline, and I got the same interview dates. So from the looks of it I don't think that factors into it (could be wrong of course lol )

Also got an interview (science major), super excited!

Got one!

Also quick question: I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter but when applying for residencies, they don't ask for MCAT scores right (since if you get into this program, you can't and won't take it). That wouldn't hurt chances right? (Paranoid but better safe than sorry).

I was wondering this while I was applying, as well, since I heard elsewhere that residencies look at MCAT scores. However, I asked in one of the FlexMed webinars, and one of the admissions people said that residencies do not consider MCAT scores.