FlexMed 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was wondering this while I was applying, as well, since I heard elsewhere that residencies look at MCAT scores. However, I asked in one of the FlexMed webinars, and one of the admissions people said that residencies do not consider MCAT scores.

They do not consider MCAT scores

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
@sadaznpremed2405 Literally I got a buzz on my phone and sighed because I thought it was another spam email but then when I saw it I started running on campus for no reason :soexcited:

Reactions: 1 users
The wait is over! Congrats to everyone who got an interview, glad you guys seem so excited! Relieved to finally hear a response from admissions.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone and CONGRATS to everyone who got invites!!! For those of us who didn't get invites does anyone know if there are more rounds of invites or if its just the one?

Congrats everyone! So happy for all of you!

What does your application status say, if you have received an invite?

I know in previous years, there has been some sort of “Reviewed” indication.

Hopefully this is still the first round :)

Congrats everyone! So happy for all of you!

What does your application status say, if you have received an invite?

I know in previous years, there has been some sort of “Reviewed” indication.

Hopefully this is still the first round :)
Idk about other people but my status still just says completed. All that opened up was another tab titled 'interview' beside status.

Idk about other people but my status still just says completed. All that opened up was another tab titled 'interview' beside status.

Thanks for the response @QueenD. Okay, mine says "Application submitted on date". I'm gonna keep keeping my hopes up haha.

I'm assuming that since we did not receive rejection letters yet, there may still be more rounds coming. Always best to stay positive :). Congrats again to everyone that already got an invite!!

Reactions: 3 users
Honestly love this positivity! I love how everyone is so supportive of each other and I wish you all the best of luck! I also pray that this is like past years and that they release invites based on rounds. <3 :)

I got an interview invite today so I think they're doing rounds?

I'm assuming that since we did not receive rejection letters yet, there may still be more rounds coming. Always best to stay positive :). Congrats again to everyone that already got an invite!!

This is pretty much what went through my head. I know in previous years applicants have been accepted from all waves of invites, so I'm still holding onto hope. This semester has been plenty busy to distract me though lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! For those of you who have received interview invites, were you also invited to stay overnight with a member of the Stonewall Alliance at Mount Sinai group or a member of SEOM? I found this information in the "Staying overnight" section of the "Interview" tab.
Yeah

Random Note: I feel like the rounds for invitations should be coming out in rounds because I just checked the application and it says interviews should go through May. For anyone who has not chosen an interview date yet but still sees the options is May an option?

Random Note: I feel like the rounds for invitations should be coming out in rounds because I just checked the application and it says interviews should go through May. For anyone who has not chosen an interview date yet but still sees the options is May an option?
It wasn't last night when I chose a date

@Hchou17 maybe then that's old information since they were doing things differently this year.

(To those of us who didn't get invites yet)

I asked admissions about invitations to interview, and I was informed they are still planning on sending out interviews on a rolling basis. It appears that there will still be rounds of interviews, so stay hopeful :).

Im a bio major and I got an invite. Also my GPA is only a 3.70, so don't lose hope if you don't have a perfect a 4.0!

Im a bio major and I got an invite. Also my GPA is only a 3.70, so don't lose hope if you don't have a perfect a 4.0!
Yeah same! My GPA isn't a 4.0 and I honestly thought I was on the fence for whether they would give me an interview or not. I also go to a public school if that helps anyone! Have faith!

Congratulations to everyone who has gotten an interview invite!

To anyone who has gotten an invite, are you planning on requesting a student host? If so, for those who have to fly, do you know how accessible the student's room would be to pick up luggage for a late afternoon flight just after the interview?

Hi everyone, congrats to all who got in so far! I am new to SDN, but am very excited to hear about all the buzz related to the application.

To anyone who has gotten an invite, are you planning on requesting a student host? If so, for those who have to fly, do you know how accessible the student's room would be to pick up luggage for a late afternoon flight just after the interview?
lol I requested a host literally after I confirmed the interview...staying in a hotel in NYC plus airfare from this broke college student perspective was a no way for me. Personally, I just decided to take a later, evening flight just to make sure I get to the departing flight after the interview in time.

lol I requested a host literally after I confirmed the interview...staying in a hotel in NYC plus airfare from this broke college student perspective was a no way for me. Personally, I just decided to take a later, evening flight just to make sure I get to the departing flight after the interview in time.
You all don't want to stay for another night in NYC? It's cheaper for me at least to stay for 2 nights vs 1...plus NYC on a Friday night sounds high key hella fun
Also @QueenD im from a public school too (but urs is prob way higher ranked since mine isnt even close to USWN#1-20 lol)

You all don't want to stay for another night in NYC? It's cheaper for me at least to stay for 2 nights vs 1...plus NYC on a Friday night sounds high key hella fun
Also @QueenD im from a public school too (but urs is prob way higher ranked since mine isnt even close to USWN#1-20 lol)
Ayyyy Public School Squad XD But real talk I would have loved the Friday one but it was gone in like 0.5 seconds. The only other Friday was (what appeared to me) the last interview date and that wasn't a good idea for me because I literally have 2 exams the following week. NYC at night is literally the best. Since it sounds like you're going to be there a little longer than me you should totally check out this one crepe place Creperia on McDougal Street or even closer to Times Square i think it was waffles and dinges...soo good!

Question for when did you guys choose your interview dates? trying to figure out who is the earliest. Mine is April 16th. :)

Question for when did you guys choose your interview dates? trying to figure out who is the earliest. Mine is April 16th. :)
Bet. Will check it out for sure - also my interview's Friday, April 13.

To anyone who’s waiting on Student Housing, this is where my guy said everyone’s staying (Ie a 5 sec walk to Icahn)
Best of luck to y’all!

Attachments

• E766C9A7-0FE3-4F45-8134-8C04B788C8F3.png
    E766C9A7-0FE3-4F45-8134-8C04B788C8F3.png
    411.3 KB · Views: 65
To anyone who has gotten an invite, are you planning on requesting a student host?

Hehe—I did a bunch of BS/MD interviews out of high school, and I don’t think I managed to get a wink of sleep when I stayed with student hosts because I was so nervous and uncomfortable! :depressed: If you’re like me and would have trouble sleeping in a sleeping bag on the floor, I would go with a hotel if you can—and by the way, I think a few of them will give you discounts if you say you’re coming for Mount Sinai! Check the interview tab for that info, I forget which ones

On a separate note, I’m also glad everyone on this forum seems nice! There are parts of SDN where I’m like :eek: are THESE people really going to be my doctors...?

Hehe—I did a bunch of BS/MD interviews out of high school, and I don’t think I managed to get a wink of sleep when I stayed with student hosts because I was so nervous and uncomfortable! :depressed: If you’re like me and would have trouble sleeping in a sleeping bag on the floor, I would go with a hotel if you can—and by the way, I think a few of them will give you discounts if you say you’re coming for Mount Sinai! Check the interview tab for that info, I forget which ones

On a separate note, I’m also glad everyone on this forum seems nice! There are parts of SDN where I’m like :eek: are THESE people really going to be my doctors...?
wow that's great! do you have any tips for the types of questions they asked you when you did those interviews? And I know! I'm so happy everyone is positive...i read some early threads for this and some people in them got me like o_O

To anyone who’s waiting on Student Housing, this is where my guy said everyone’s staying (Ie a 5 sec walk to Icahn)
Best of luck to y’all!

How long did it take for you to hear back from them after you filled out the request form?

@QueenD HONESTLY I didn't prepare for my BS/MD interviews too well, and they played out kind of like one big train wreck--so as far as interview tips, I may not be the best source! ;) But the best I can recommend is to be prepared for the obvious questions (why a doctor, why this school, etc), know how to explain your extracurriculars and integrate them into your responses--and maybe buy one of those nifty interview prep books, I've been using one and it's made it a lot clearer to me why I totally flopped my past interviews :rolleyes:

To those who received interview invitations when did you submit your application?

Congratulations to all who got interviews! Do you mind sharing your statistics with us who didn't get interview? It will really help us in the normal cycle. At this point, I lost my hope.

Congratulations to all who got interviews! Do you mind sharing your statistics with us who didn't get interview? It will really help us in the normal cycle. At this point, I lost my hope.
First off, don't lose hope cuz im pretty sure as a post earlier said, they are rolling still. As for stats, I'm assuming just SAT/ACT and college GPA is what your asking? In that case, 36 ACT and 3.97 cGPA (3.95 sGPA).
If there was anything else you wanted to know just ask :)

High School Stats:
2390 SAT (no superscore)
Valedictorian
League of Legends nerd
College:
4.0 cGPA
4.0 sGPA
Hardcore EDM raver

Thank you so much for sharing your stats. Although I didn't get the interview, I can learn from it.
Best of the luck for both of you on your interview, you are my inspiration!

Don’t throw in the towel just yet, guys! I got an interview with an sGPA swimming somewhere around 3.5 and cGPA around...3.7something? And at a non-Ivy school. Remember, these guys look at your high school grades, essays, rec letters, SAT scores, extracurriculars...don’t despair thinking you missed your chance for med school with an average GPA! Just give it your best shot.

Reactions: 5 users
Is today the day for the next round? :)
The wait is driving me crazy hehe

anyone have an estimate of percentage of interviews that lead to acceptance?

In the past I think it was around 170 interviews for 55 acceptances. So around 33% or so I think

ambiguous program, stats for general acceptances are hazy as well. this year is particularly hazy because i don't even think we can say for sure how many rounds will be sent out or have been sent out

lol does anyone know anything about anything? is there gonna be another round? will we hear back if we are rejected?

lol does anyone know anything about anything? is there gonna be another round? will we hear back if we are rejected?

To your last question yes. They let people know accepted or rejected.

When I emailed them, they said interview invites are rolling, so there'll definitely be another round!