General Admissions & OTCAS Florida OT Applicants 2018/2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have been accepted into USA Miami MOT Spring 2019 class and I wanted to connect with those that have been accepted!!! Is there a Facebook group up yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I have been accepted into USA Miami MOT Spring 2019 class and I wanted to connect with those that have been accepted!!! Is there a Facebook group up yet?
Are you talking about the May 2019 start date? If so let's make one!!!

I got accepted for spring

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my Nova OTD video interview on 10/4 and received an acceptance call on 10/30. I have not interviewed at Gannon yet as my interview is on 11/10.

Hey! How did the interview at Gannon go? I have an interview with them in a few weeks and am curious on format!

The OTD in Florida!
It went really well! I was at the interview on November 9th but they still haven’t gotten back to me. I was more wowed by another school and have already made my choice regardless though.

Are you talking about the May 2019 start date? If so let's make one!!!
There's no Facebook up for Summer 2019 yet right? We should definitely make one. I've decided to go to that program!

There's no Facebook up for Summer 2019 yet right? We should definitely make one. I've decided to go to that program!
Yes Let’s make one idk how to start one but if you can I’ll join in

Those of you who are attending/got accepted to USA, how long after admission offer is the security deposit due?

Members don't see this ad :)
Acceptances: USA Miami and Nova Ft. Lauderdale!
Waiting on FIU, UF, Barry, FGCU

Acceptances: USA Miami and Nova Ft. Lauderdale!
Waiting on FIU, UF, Barry, FGCU

Hey congrats on both acceptances! The St Augustine Miami is for fall?
Also how long after your Nova interview did you hear about an acceptance? I did my video essay submission last week.

Hey, thanks so much! Yes, St. Augustine is for fall. I submitted my interview early November and heard back today, so it took approximately 2 months. It may be less time on your end since schools took time off for the holidays. good luck!

I applied to Adventist it is really the only school I can apply to this year. Has anyone heard anything from Adventist? I know their deadline is not until March, but I was just wondering if they send out any information early.
Thank You!
Still waiting on AdventHealth as well/: Let me know if you hear anything!

Still waiting on AdventHealth as well/: Let me know if you hear anything!
I have a feeling they will not be responding until the application cycle closes. There is an informational meeting February 6th at Advent Health, so I am going to see what they say.

I have a feeling they will not be responding until the application cycle closes. There is an informational meeting February 6th at Advent Health, so I am going to see what they say.
Where did you find this info?

Does anyone know about how long it takes to hear back from FGCU after an interview, and how long they give you to accept/decline?

Where did you find this info?
I received an email from Jackie about it. I am not sure if its something they automatically send when you have applied, but it is to come tour around and ask any questions you may have to current students.

I received an email from Jackie about it. I am not sure if its something they automatically send when you have applied, but it is to come tour around and ask any questions you may have to current students.
See I haven’t heard anything since I applied other than the dates I should expect to be notified..do you recommend I email and ask?

Oh wait, I see it on their website. The one at 5:30? It seems to be something for people who haven’t been there and haven’t applied yet (because it offers to waive the application fee)

Acceptances: St. Augustine and Nova MOT
Interviews: Barry (declined an interview today), FGCU
Waiting on FIU and UF

Has anyone heard back from Gannon OTD after the interview yet?

Has anyone heard anything back from Nova's MOT, Barry's MOT, or St. Augustine's MOT program in Miami (summer term) yet? I have interviews set up for both USA and Barry in the next couple weeks. I haven't heard anything back from Nova yet (they said they are still reviewing my app). I'm trying to get an idea of how many people have already been accepted....I applied in early December.

Has anyone heard anything back from Nova's MOT, Barry's MOT, or St. Augustine's MOT program in Miami (summer term) yet? I have interviews set up for both USA and Barry in the next couple weeks. I haven't heard anything back from Nova yet (they said they are still reviewing my app). I'm trying to get an idea of how many people have already been accepted....I applied in early December.
hey, i got into NSU and USA Miami. I declined my interview for Barry

hey, i got into NSU and USA Miami. I declined my interview for Barry
Thank you for replying! I'm getting so nervous... I feel like I have a very strong application but I did apply on the later side. Congrats on your acceptances though!!

Thank you for replying! I'm getting so nervous... I feel like I have a very strong application but I did apply on the later side. Congrats on your acceptances though!!
USA notifies people pretty quick about their admissions status after the interview, NSU did take some time, and now Barry just started reviewing applicants so I think you'll be okay. Good luck!!

They emailed me. Are they supposed to call?

Oh no I was just wondering how they contact applicants because for FGCU I was noticed via phone call but for USA it was by email. Has anyone else who applied to FIU received anything? I still haven’t heard from them...

Oh no I was just wondering how they contact applicants because for FGCU I was noticed via phone call but for USA it was by email. Has anyone else who applied to FIU received anything? I still haven’t heard from them...
I received an invitation to interview at FIU as well. They emailed me this past week. I heard they do interviews through March. I'm sure you will hear back!

I received an invitation to interview at FIU as well. They emailed me this past week. I heard they do interviews through March. I'm sure you will hear back!

When is your interview? Mine is the 16th. I want to ask them if I can go a different day instead but I’m afraid it might mess with the approval decisions..

When is your interview? Mine is the 16th. I want to ask them if I can go a different day instead but I’m afraid it might mess with the approval decisions..
I believe they have more interview dates later in Feb and March. Doesn't hurt to ask!

Also, did you email them the time you can go? Or are they making us go on whatever time they choose?

I applied around dec 15 and was accepted this past Tuesday!! For Nova

Did anyone receive an email about what time they have interviews at FIU? I’m still waiting to know what time my interview is.