General Admissions & OTCAS Florida OT Applicants 2018/2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just received my interview time. Did anyone read the email yet? It says, You will have 10 minutes to meet with this panel before you transition to your second panel of two current students for another 10 minutes. Does that mean 2 students are interviewing us? It doesn’t make sense to be interviewed by students.

Members don't see this ad.

Acceptances: St. Augustine and Nova MOT
Interviews: Barry (declined an interview today), FGCU
Waiting on FIU and UF
How was your interview for St. Augustine? I have my interview in Miami on March 1st. I also have yet to hear back from Nova.

How was your interview for St. Augustine? I have my interview in Miami on March 1st. I also have yet to hear back from Nova.

Hey! The interview for USA was pretty calm. They just asked basic questions like tell me about yourself, why OT, describe a time you shadowed an OT, etc. it was around a 4 hour event but the interview was only about 20 mins of the day since its you and another applicant being interviewed at the same time. they give you a tour of the facilities, some professors and faculty give mini presentations along with lunch

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

have you submitted a video essay to Nova? how long after submitting your application to USA did you get an invite to interview?

I was just accepted to FIU! Did anyone else hear back? Now I get to decide between FIU and FGCU!

congrats on the acceptances guys! may i ask how the interview process was like? i'll be interviewing next week and any tips help!

You’ll be interviewed by 2 professors in one room and the other room, you’ll be interviewed by 2 students. The questions were very basic! Such as, what did you learn during shadowing, how did you contribute to your current school, etc.

have you submitted a video essay to Nova? how long after submitting your application to USA did you get an invite to interview?
No I think I'm the only person who hasn't been asked to submit a video essay! I need to get in contact with them to see what's going on...
I submitted my USA application for the St. Augustine campus early October and got a phone call from an adviser in January who wanted to see if I would be okay with switching to the Miami campus since my GRE score just missed the cut off for the St. Augustine campus. Then on Feb. 6th I got an email inviting me to interview at the Miami campus.

No I think I'm the only person who hasn't been asked to submit a video essay! I need to get in contact with them to see what's going on...
I submitted my USA application for the St. Augustine campus early October and got a phone call from an adviser in January who wanted to see if I would be okay with switching to the Miami campus since my GRE score just missed the cut off for the St. Augustine campus. Then on Feb. 6th I got an email inviting me to interview at the Miami campus.

I am interviewing on March 1st too! Ill see you there! I am super nervous, I really want to go here. What was your GRE score if you don't mind me asking? They told me the same thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am interviewing on March 1st too! Ill see you there! I am super nervous, I really want to go here. What was your GRE score if you don't mind me asking? They told me the same thing.
No way! I'm really nervous too since I'll be flying in from VA. I try to block out my GRE scores because I did so poorly but I got a 147 Verbal 141 Quant and 4 on the writing. I'm excited though, I'll see you there!

Im flying from Colorado! Do you know where you are staying? hotels are $$$! My name is Jordan. I am sure we will see eachother there. I got a 289 on my GRE so Im in the same boat as you. I'm 28 so Ive been out of school for 10 years and it was my first time taking It. oh well. we tried.

Im flying from Colorado! Do you know where you are staying? hotels are $$$! My name is Jordan. I am sure we will see eachother there. I got a 289 on my GRE so Im in the same boat as you. I'm 28 so Ive been out of school for 10 years and it was my first time taking It. oh well. we tried.

I’m also going March 1st! I’m Carissa and I’m 27. I also didn’t have a great GRE score so it looks like they don’t weigh the GRE very heavily :)

I’m also going March 1st! I’m Carissa and I’m 27. I also didn’t have a great GRE score so it looks like they don’t weigh the GRE very heavily :)

Hi!! I’m Katelyn and it seems like this is a repetitive thing but I also didn’t have a great GRE score and I’m coming to the March 1st interview as well. I took a year off from undergrad to prepare for OT school so I am 22 but I’m excited to meet some of you guys!

I'm Lucia and I'm 22! Hotels are so expensive!! I managed to find a pretty inexpensive AirBnb about 10mins away from Coral Gables.

Hi!! I’m Katelyn and it seems like this is a repetitive thing but I also didn’t have a great GRE score and I’m coming to the March 1st interview as well. I took a year off from undergrad to prepare for OT school so I am 22 but I’m excited to meet some of you guys!
Hi Katelyn! hopefully we can all meet!

Hey, did you find a hotel?

I already had my FIU and St Augustine interview but haven't heard anything back yet from FIU. FIU was on Feb 16 and St Augustine I went on March 1. I saw some people already got accepted into FIU so I wanted to know if anyone else heard back and see their stats. And congrats to everyone who received their acceptances!

Anybody hear from UF yet? I got an email this morning saying I am on the alternative waiting list. Congrats to those accepted!!

Anybody hear from UF yet? I got an email this morning saying I am on the alternative waiting list. Congrats to those accepted!!
Yes, I received an acceptance this morning! I'm torn between accepting here and sticking to an MOT at another FL school that I've already accepted. Quite a few days worth of thinking ahead I think...I hope you hear back from them soon though! As you can tell from my indecision, I'm sure spots will begin to open up over the next few weeks!

I already had my FIU and St Augustine interview but haven't heard anything back yet from FIU. FIU was on Feb 16 and St Augustine I went on March 1. I saw some people already got accepted into FIU so I wanted to know if anyone else heard back and see their stats. And congrats to everyone who received their acceptances!

Have you heard back from saint Augustine?

I was accepted to UF today and I am going! Was anyone else? I’d love to talk to someone who is going as well!

Yes, I received an acceptance this morning! I'm torn between accepting here and sticking to an MOT at another FL school that I've already accepted. Quite a few days worth of thinking ahead I think...I hope you hear back from them soon though! As you can tell from my indecision, I'm sure spots will begin to open up over the next few weeks!
Congrats on UF! I was accepted and plan to attend! Do you know if there are any Facebook groups yet for the new class?

Hey guys!
Fiu said they don’t offer many scholarships to OT students. Does anyone know of any scholarship opportunities or websites for OT programs?

Congrats on UF! I was accepted and plan to attend! Do you know if there are any Facebook groups yet for the new class?

Congrats! I’ve been accepted as well. Do you happen to know if UF requires a deposit? I don’t think it was mentioned in the email.

Congrats! I’ve been accepted as well. Do you happen to know if UF requires a deposit? I don’t think it was mentioned in the email.

They didn’t mention a deposit, however, most schools do require a deposit. I’m accepting my offer today so I will let you know!

For anyone accepted into UF’s OTD program- I found a Facebook group called “UF OTD Class of 2022”

Has anyone here already paid the deposit for Nova, but has since been accepted to a different program that you want to attend?

No deposit needed for UF... they simply said “congratulations” and then went on to say they would be in touch with more information regarding orientation

For those of you that attended the March 1st interview for St. Augustine's MOT program and applied for the summer term, do you have all of your prerequisites completed? I'm starting to get worried because they asked me to move my application up to the summer term (I had originally applied for the fall) and I accepted that offer only for them to tell me that one of my classes that I took in undergrad did not check out for them....So I am going to have to complete a course before starting in May and have not heard back from them on being accepted yet. Am I the only one in this situation?

For those of you that attended the March 1st interview for St. Augustine's MOT program and applied for the summer term, do you have all of your prerequisites completed? I'm starting to get worried because they asked me to move my application up to the summer term (I had originally applied for the fall) and I accepted that offer only for them to tell me that one of my classes that I took in undergrad did not check out for them....So I am going to have to complete a course before starting in May and have not heard back from them on being accepted yet. Am I the only one in this situation?

I interviewed March 1st. Did you get an acceptance today? I’m bummed! I’ve been checking all week because I applied for summer. I still have to take physics but I am taking it online starting May 11th

I interviewed March 1st. Did you get an acceptance today? I’m bummed! I’ve been checking all week because I applied for summer. I still have to take physics but I am taking it online starting May 11th
I applied for the fall and was at the March 1st interview and haven't heard anything yet!

I applied for the fall and was at the March 1st interview and haven't heard anything yet!

Okay cool. I asked if summer term would hear back sooner and she said we should hear back within a week but I’ve seen people hear back from them pretty quick on here. I’m really nervous about living in Miami especially with the car pool situation.

Okay cool. I asked if summer term would hear back sooner and she said we should hear back within a week but I’ve seen people hear back from them pretty quick on here. I’m really nervous about living in Miami especially with the car pool situation.

I haven’t gotten an acceptance yet either! That’s good to know we should be hearing back soon though. I’m nervous about living in Miami as well.... will you be looking for a roommate?

I haven’t gotten an acceptance yet either! That’s good to know we should be hearing back soon though. I’m nervous about living in Miami as well.... will you be looking for a roommate?

I won’t be because I have kids which makes the car pool thing and finishing housing so much more stressful! I just want to know already. I am so over this preocess.

I won’t be because I have kids which makes the car pool thing and finishing housing so much more stressful! I just want to know already. I am so over this preocess.

There are so many errors in my last post lol obviously I meant finding and process.

I feel the same way!! I need to make some decisions soon on which school to pick and waiting from St. Aug is making it so much harder lol

I feel the same way!! I need to make some decisions soon on which school to pick and waiting from St. Aug is making it so much harder lol

Where have you been accepted? I have an interview for Barry on the 18th but I don’t know if I’m going if I get accepted to USA. I also applied at nova but haven’t heard back. It’s been three weeks since I submitted my video.

Has anyone here already paid the deposit for Nova, but has since been accepted to a different program that you want to attend?

I have unfortunately, since nova was the first school I was accepted too I decided to pay the deposit, however now I think I am planning on attending St.Augustine. It sucks how fast some schools want the deposit and losing the money but better safe then sorry

I have unfortunately, since nova was the first school I was accepted too I decided to pay the deposit, however now I think I am planning on attending St.Augustine. It sucks how fast some schools want the deposit and losing the money but better safe then sorry

Yeah, I was waiting on a program that was going to release decisions in March so I had to pay the deposit. So have you emailed Nova to decline your spot yet? Or are you still deciding between Nova and USA?