For Canadians and Americans who studied medicine at Griffith

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Florentine

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a Canadian undergrad thinking about applying to Griffith eventually. I'm interested in hearing people's experiences with the program. Did most Canadian/US graduates end up matching back home or getting an internship in Australia? Anyone you know who ended up not matching or getting an Australian internship?

I am interested in psychiatry even rural psychiatry. Coming back to Canada is not high priority as I'd be very happy to remain in Australia. I love the country. Any tips on how to successfully achieve this? Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers.
 
Last edited:
Hey Florentine. Griffith has its downsides, as with any school. However, as it is relatively a "new" school, they don't have the support for international students like UQ or other big name schools. Just out of curiosity do you have any other options?

We also don't have a database to track the amount of international student and where they match (i.e. Aus/CAN/US) but from what I gather, a majority of ppl do end up staying here for one reason or another. As of rn psych is not impossible to match back into Canada, however, the trend has been more and more ppl using that to go back so I wouldn't be surprised if it will be quite competitive when you graduate.
 
I'm a Canadian undergrad thinking about applying to Griffith eventually. I'm interested in hearing people's experiences with the program. Did most Canadian/US graduates end up matching back home or getting an internship in Australia? Anyone you know who ended up not matching or getting an Australian internship?

I am interested in psychiatry even rural psychiatry. Coming back to Canada is not high priority as I'd be very happy to remain in Australia. I love the country. Any tips on how to successfully achieve this? Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers.
Wonder, how're you doing now? Have you found an internship in Australia? Have you matching back to Canada?