for nyc based pre-meds

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daivimarga

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, this is specifically for premed students in the NYC area.

I'm a nontrad but I'm obviously taking undergrad courses so I figured you might be a good resource. I'm trying to decide between Hunter and City College for my post bac classes. I just want to make as informed a decision as possible. I know our situations are different, as I've been through the college grind before (and then some) and I may approach things differently but I still would really, really appreciate any feedback about this. If you're in the area and would be up to meeting up to discuss, I am down to take you to coffee or whatever - just direct message me.
Thanks so much in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I cannot speak to city college directly, though that is where the medical program for Sophie Davis, I will say that I have recommended Hunter frequently as a substitute for Columbia. i have had several nontrads go thru there over the years.
Thank you @gonnif I appreciate your taking the time to let me know. That's where I'm leaning, but I was accepted to the formal program at City and so I just have to make a decision. I would not do a formal program at Hunter because i would be going in with too many credits, but since they do have linkages maybe they have stronger agreements or weight with other schools. Thanks again :)