You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Funny quotes from "less informed" premeds
Started by TheGloaming
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
All of the above
Are you a mechanic?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you a mechanic?
This has nothing to do with pre-med, but will answer your question.
ME: My car won't start.
DAD: Open the hood and check around.
ME: I don't know how to open the hood.
DAD: *shows me how to open the hood and check around*
DAD: You need a new battery.
ME: BATTERY? I THOUGHT CARS RAN ON GAS.
Actual event. True story.
Oh, and I still don't remember how to open the hood of my car.
Some of you are pathetic. A lot of these stories and comments are funny, but some are just straight out rude and only brought up because of your egos. I'd suggest getting that stick out your asses before the interviews, because it will show.
irony meter.... its pegging.
Some of you are pathetic. A lot of these stories and comments are funny, but some are just straight out rude and only brought up because of your egos. I'd suggest getting that stick out your asses before the interviews, because it will show.
I'd suggest you take your own advice.
I'd suggest you take your own advice.
Thank you for the suggestion

Some of you are pathetic. A lot of these stories and comments are funny, but some are just straight out rude and only brought up because of your egos. I'd suggest getting that stick out your asses before the interviews, because it will show.
I would like to point out that we have received our one requisite "you guys are meanie heads" post for this page. All others wishing to fulfill this requirement should wait until this thread reaches the next page. Thank you for your understanding in this important matter.
Some of you are pathetic. A lot of these stories and comments are funny, but some are just straight out rude and only brought up because of your egos. I'd suggest getting that stick out your asses before the interviews, because it will show.
How kind of you to worry about my ass
How kind of you to worry about my ass
You just assumed I was talking about you??
How kind of you to worry about my ass
When beauty strikes, one can only take notice.😉
unsubscribing before this gets weird.....
unsubscribing before this gets weird.....
I thought that started back around page 4...
You just assumed I was talking about you??
You were addressing the people in this thread since you failed to specify to whom you were speaking to. You basically went into a room of ppl and screamed you is a big big meanie face and sat down. Leaves us looking at you incredulously and then we go back to getting cheap laughs at the expense of others.
This has nothing to do with pre-med, but will answer your question.
ME: My car won't start.
DAD: Open the hood and check around.
ME: I don't know how to open the hood.
DAD: *shows me how to open the hood and check around*
DAD: You need a new battery.
ME: BATTERY? I THOUGHT CARS RAN ON GAS.
Actual event. True story.
Oh, and I still don't remember how to open the hood of my car.
3.88 / 35
cant figure out how to pull a lever 🙄 joking of course...that was a funny story 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
.
Last edited:
From our anatomy post bac study group today- "trust me I was an assistant massage therapist"
wtf does that entail? pretty sure that is the kid who makes sure the oils are stocked and the towels are clean......
I am not ashamed to admit that when I was an M1 right before our first Anatomy exam I go "As long as I know where the liver is at I should be OK" and point to the LUQ.

.
Last edited:
"I'm going to use organic chemistry a lot as a doctor."
Another one was actually directed towards me being a psych major.
" I don't think you can get into medical school with a psych major. You're going to be really disadvantaged when you take the mcat and are taking classes in medical school.
I get that a lot with my German major...
"How did you beat me on the chemistry test, you're a German major..."
"You can't get into medical school with a German major..."
"Are you going to practice medicine in Germany?"
But when I was in high school, we had an honors banquet and we had to put down our intended majors. An impressive amount of kids listed extremely competitive medical specialties...
I get that a lot with my German major...
But when I was in high school, we had an honors banquet and we had to put down our intended majors. An impressive amount of kids listed extremely competitive medical specialties...
so they majored in orthopedic surgery, huh?

I get that a lot with my German major...
. . .
But when I was in high school, we had an honors banquet and we had to put down our intended majors. An impressive amount of kids listed extremely competitive medical specialties...
Nice avatar. I have nearly the same thing tattooed on my right forearm, just insert the eagle in the the middle of the flag and country, which lies beneath "Tod dem Faschismus" written in Bavarian print-script. I won't go into detail regarding the rest of my tattoos, many of which are German 🙂
But along the lines of majors, I also got and still get a lot of crap for...well...triple majoring *blushes*, 2 of which are considered non-science by some (psych and sociology).
so they majored in orthopedic surgery, huh?![]()
Not surprising. I had a girl telling me that she was majoring in pediatrics.😡
I've had someone tell me how they were going to get their md/phd and become a forensic pathologist and then someone else tell me pediatric neurooncologist and me mentioning how that's probably going to take at least 13 years or so and then their faces. It was priceless.
Also, not quite pre-med, but a friend of mine applying to pharmacy school (a 6-year program) didn't realize he had applied for a pharmd until after he got in. He thought he was applying for a BS in pharmaceutical sciences the entire time. People are funny.
Also, not quite pre-med, but a friend of mine applying to pharmacy school (a 6-year program) didn't realize he had applied for a pharmd until after he got in. He thought he was applying for a BS in pharmaceutical sciences the entire time. People are funny.
Last edited:
This was more interesting than funny. I was talking to a girl who's going into nursing. I asked her why didn't she choose nursing over being a physician. Her two reasons were:
1. She didn't want to do all the work
2. Nurses know just as much as physicians anyways.
It was just interesting to me because I'm assuming that's how some nurses see themselves (knowing as much, if not more, than the doctor).
1. She didn't want to do all the work
2. Nurses know just as much as physicians anyways.
It was just interesting to me because I'm assuming that's how some nurses see themselves (knowing as much, if not more, than the doctor).
This was more interesting than funny. I was talking to a girl who's going into nursing. I asked her why didn't she choose nursing over being a physician. Her two reasons were:
1. She didn't want to do all the work
2. Nurses know just as much as physicians anyways.
It was just interesting to me because I'm assuming that's how some nurses see themselves (knowing as much, if not more, than the doctor).
In the undying words of Dr. Nicholas Rush "I am afraid that is just a failure of imagination on your part".
The point being, each one of us is only aware of the information we have been presented with so it is hard to imagine a "world" beyond our own experience. This get's bolstered with confirmation bias until we have mid-levels across the entire profession stating that they know "just as much [if not more]" (I love the if not more part btw, it allows someone to imply they are better without actually doing so. An adult version of the "Im not touching you! Im not touching you!" that we all did with our siblings as children) and "We do as much as the doctors in less time"... both of which are true if you ignore the enormous gaps in skill, knowledge, and mastery of the material.
The only way, mechanistically, that such a scenario could actually exist is if 1) med students are all actually quite dumb, and the selection process puts naturally more talented people into the fields of nursing and PA or 2) the med curriculum is so remedial, and the mid-level curriculum so rigorous, that the applicants who were otherwise not as talented (per scores/grades/application criteria) are able to not only catch up, but surpass medical students. These are literally the ONLY two scenarios that would result in such claims, and when stated as such the lunacy of the claim seems pretty apparent to me
This was more interesting than funny. I was talking to a girl who's going into nursing. I asked her why didn't she choose nursing over being a physician. Her two reasons were:
1. She didn't want to do all the work
2. Nurses know just as much as physicians anyways.
It was just interesting to me because I'm assuming that's how some nurses see themselves (knowing as much, if not more, than the doctor).
Happens all the time, esp with midlevels. "You don't know what you don't know" -- truer words have never been spoken.
Sitting in the ED I work at just now, one of the volunteers said to my co-worker:
"I mean, most med schools require a Bachelor's, but not all, so I don't know if I should get one or what."
Uhmmm......
"I mean, most med schools require a Bachelor's, but not all, so I don't know if I should get one or what."
Uhmmm......
mmmcdowe
Duke of minimal vowels
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Sitting in the ED I work at just now, one of the volunteers said to my co-worker:
"I mean, most med schools require a Bachelor's, but not all, so I don't know if I should get one or what."
Uhmmm......
This is true, though clearly the person in question has a lot to learn about the details.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My push-up bra will help me get into med school.
![]()
Wait....what?
Hmmm I would say minor or major in Psychology. The reason why I say this is because of the interpersonal skills you will acquire. I majored in Psych and minored in Biology. You can major in a harder science but I don't think it will give you the skills needed to respond to trauma victims in a successful manner. Just my opinion : )
this gem
Was she called on or taken by surprise or...?it wasnt a premed, but I almost died laughing.
Teacher:"can anyone tell me what the apartheid era was?"
Girl:"Isn't that like, when schools, like all electronics?"
No one but me laughed 🙁. I hope they are all just more nice then I am.
FYI, I would have cracked up too.
it wasnt a premed, but I almost died laughing.
Teacher:"can anyone tell me what the apartheid era was?"
Girl:"Isn't that like, when schools, like all electronics?"
No one but me laughed 🙁. I hope they are all just more nice then I am.
This is why our society is doomed.
this gem
I cringed so hard reading that. Yikes.
what scared me is there was a kid who said he was "premed" and didn't have any idea either. He also said he wants to be a nuerosurgeon. Why does everyone say that!?This is why our society is doomed.
I can't talk, I didn't do well in the class. But in my defense, It was my first year of school after not graduating. and im lysdexic 😀 and it was an english class.
this gem
Oh god why...
Overheard some nursing students....
Girl 1: Have you had to take a class with a lab yet?
Girl 2: No, but I'm taking Anatomy and Physiology in the fall. Is it really hard?
Girl 1: Yes! Labs suck. Who are you taking?
Girl 2: Dr N
Girl 1: OMG! DROP IT! I took them!! It was soo bad. We had to do soooo much writing and we had to learn way too much physiology.
Girl 2: Oh no, oh wow!
Girl 1: I was like I'm not going to be a doctor! I just want to be a nurse. I don't need to know all that!
Girl 2: Yeah thats for doctors to know.
I really wish I was making this up.
Girl 1: Have you had to take a class with a lab yet?
Girl 2: No, but I'm taking Anatomy and Physiology in the fall. Is it really hard?
Girl 1: Yes! Labs suck. Who are you taking?
Girl 2: Dr N
Girl 1: OMG! DROP IT! I took them!! It was soo bad. We had to do soooo much writing and we had to learn way too much physiology.
Girl 2: Oh no, oh wow!
Girl 1: I was like I'm not going to be a doctor! I just want to be a nurse. I don't need to know all that!
Girl 2: Yeah thats for doctors to know.
I really wish I was making this up.
Overheard some nursing students....
Girl 1: Have you had to take a class with a lab yet?
Girl 2: No, but I'm taking Anatomy and Physiology in the fall. Is it really hard?
Girl 1: Yes! Labs suck. Who are you taking?
Girl 2: Dr N
Girl 1: OMG! DROP IT! I took them!! It was soo bad. We had to do soooo much writing and we had to learn way too much physiology.
Girl 2: Oh no, oh wow!
Girl 1: I was like I'm not going to be a doctor! I just want to be a nurse. I don't need to know all that!
Girl 2: Yeah thats for doctors to know.
I really wish I was making this up.
I can vouch for this. This dialogue is similar to everything I hear in the science building.
I can vouch for this. This dialogue is similar to everything I hear in the science building.
I have always been a little irritated with the "pre-meds" who bitch about how hard classes are. Welp, good thing you are choosing something easy and undemanding like medicine 🙄
mmmcdowe
Duke of minimal vowels
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
I have always been a little irritated with the "pre-meds" who bitch about how hard classes are. Welp, good thing you are choosing something easy and undemanding like medicine 🙄
Complaining about one's "terrible" lot in life in life is a god-given right!
Complaining about one's "terrible" lot in life in life is a god-given right!
Nobody is saying they can't complain. Just like nobody is saying they can't be clueless to the point it is mildly surprising they manage to put their shoes on the proper feet 🙂
Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a TA for anatomy and had a student submit a test that almost had literally every word misspelled. I am harsh, and don't give credit if you miss the word by more than one letter. Is it that unacceptable that I give credit for technically incorrect answers? I think it is fair. I just don't want someone trying to say they meant to spell pterigoid when they actually wrote terrigoy.
Anyways, this student came up to me yelling that I ruined his chance of getting into medical school because of his low test score. Ignoring the fact that the students get 8 tests per semester (4 in lecture, 4 in lab, each of equal weight), the students get 3% added to their overall score for completing the course and not dropping it, and have little bits and pieces of extra credit along the way (maybe another 1%), the student was still irate that he got below a 40%.
He started yelling in front of the class about how doctors don't have to spell the words of body parts correctly since everyone still will know what they are taking about.
I proceeded to write the following words on the board so he could understand why spelling was important, "Ileum, ilium, abduction, adduction... etc" and then told him that if he told a surgeon to remove a portion of the ileum when he meant ilium, his patient would be super upset and probably sue him.
The student cursed me out and then dropped the class, complaining that I made anatomy too hard for him.
Another time, I had two nursing students refuse to learn anatomy because "That's what doctors are for"
Seriously?
Anyways, this student came up to me yelling that I ruined his chance of getting into medical school because of his low test score. Ignoring the fact that the students get 8 tests per semester (4 in lecture, 4 in lab, each of equal weight), the students get 3% added to their overall score for completing the course and not dropping it, and have little bits and pieces of extra credit along the way (maybe another 1%), the student was still irate that he got below a 40%.
He started yelling in front of the class about how doctors don't have to spell the words of body parts correctly since everyone still will know what they are taking about.
I proceeded to write the following words on the board so he could understand why spelling was important, "Ileum, ilium, abduction, adduction... etc" and then told him that if he told a surgeon to remove a portion of the ileum when he meant ilium, his patient would be super upset and probably sue him.
The student cursed me out and then dropped the class, complaining that I made anatomy too hard for him.
Another time, I had two nursing students refuse to learn anatomy because "That's what doctors are for"
Seriously?
I am a TA for anatomy and had a student submit a test that almost had literally every word misspelled. I am harsh, and don't give credit if you miss the word by more than one letter. Is it that unacceptable that I give credit for technically incorrect answers? I think it is fair. I just don't want someone trying to say they meant to spell pterigoid when they actually wrote terrigoy.
Anyways, this student came up to me yelling that I ruined his chance of getting into medical school because of his low test score. Ignoring the fact that the students get 8 tests per semester (4 in lecture, 4 in lab, each of equal weight), the students get 3% added to their overall score for completing the course and not dropping it, and have little bits and pieces of extra credit along the way (maybe another 1%), the student was still irate that he got below a 40%.
He started yelling in front of the class about how doctors don't have to spell the words of body parts correctly since everyone still will know what they are taking about.
I proceeded to write the following words on the board so he could understand why spelling was important, "Ileum, ilium, abduction, adduction... etc" and then told him that if he told a surgeon to remove a portion of the ileum when he meant ilium, his patient would be super upset and probably sue him.
The student cursed me out and then dropped the class, complaining that I made anatomy too hard for him.
Another time, I had two nursing students refuse to learn anatomy because "That's what doctors are for"
Seriously?
I lol'd. This is why I hate people who proclaim that they are "pre-med."
Edit--
After I calmed down and picked myself from the floor, I just realized that what this student did was atrociously obnoxious and immature. Yelling? Really? Why did they not read the syllabus?
Last edited:
why on earth register for a class and then refuse to learn it? I don't give a damn what your chosen career choice is..... the expectations for Anatomy Class are to learn anatomy. You don't see me taking French and then refusing to do the work because I will never use it. Seriously this story isn't so much funny as it is scary 😕Another time, I had two nursing students refuse to learn anatomy because "That's what doctors are for"
Seriously?
I lol'd. This is why I hate people who proclaim that they are "pre-med."
Edit--
After I calmed down and picked myself from the floor, I just realized that what this student did was atrociously obnoxious and immature. Yelling? Really? Why did they not read the syllabus?
Apparently not. But seriously, 8 tests means each one is worth 12.5% of the overall grade. Getting a 40% means his max score in class he could get after the extra credit was a measly 98-99%. Definitely not something to freak out about. He just made a fool of himself.
why on earth register for a class and then refuse to learn it? I don't give a damn what your chosen career choice is..... the expectations for Anatomy Class are to learn anatomy. You don't see me taking French and then refusing to do the work because I will never use it. Seriously this story isn't so much funny as it is scary 😕
According to them, anatomy is only a prereq and not taught in the actual nursing school meaning they don't have to know it. I don't know if they were accepted, but I never would want them as my nurse if they were.
I am a TA for anatomy and had a student submit a test that almost had literally every word misspelled. I am harsh, and don't give credit if you miss the word by more than one letter. Is it that unacceptable that I give credit for technically incorrect answers? I think it is fair. I just don't want someone trying to say they meant to spell pterigoid when they actually wrote terrigoy.
Anyways, this student came up to me yelling that I ruined his chance of getting into medical school because of his low test score. Ignoring the fact that the students get 8 tests per semester (4 in lecture, 4 in lab, each of equal weight), the students get 3% added to their overall score for completing the course and not dropping it, and have little bits and pieces of extra credit along the way (maybe another 1%), the student was still irate that he got below a 40%.
He started yelling in front of the class about how doctors don't have to spell the words of body parts correctly since everyone still will know what they are taking about.
I proceeded to write the following words on the board so he could understand why spelling was important, "Ileum, ilium, abduction, adduction... etc" and then told him that if he told a surgeon to remove a portion of the ileum when he meant ilium, his patient would be super upset and probably sue him.
The student cursed me out and then dropped the class, complaining that I made anatomy too hard for him.
Another time, I had two nursing students refuse to learn anatomy because "That's what doctors are for"
Seriously?
According to the interwebs, you misspelled
pterygoid
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 1K