Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha. I just realized that today is the day I originally wanted to submit.Now I'm hoping for September 1st . . .
Haha, I had planned for this date last year and Sept 1st is when it actually happened. 😉
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Haha. I just realized that today is the day I originally wanted to submit.Now I'm hoping for September 1st . . .
Haha, I had planned for this date last year and Sept 1st is when it actually happened. 😉

Where did my time go, you guys?!
I'm actually still on track to submit earlier than I did last year but I think I'll be submitting a week later than I originally planned on doing this year. I'm going to see my vet reference tomorrow because she wanted to see me again before she writes it. Have to check in with my third reference to make sure she's still on track. They're both supposed to submit by the 20th.
Personal statement... is in okay shape. It could be better. I'm not sure if it's too similar to last year or if I improved/changed enough.
And I have to run over the rest of the application just to make sure there aren't errors and that everything is to my liking. I'm going out of town this weekend though so that's why I'm thinking it might not be realistic to submit until next week.
How are the rest of you who haven't submitted yet coming along?
One question, we can add more experiences right? I have two new ones I need to put on there, but I really don't want to re-write ALL the experiences again. Can I add and update them once I submit?
If we submit can those who are writing our references still submit their evaluations?
Really wanted to submit my application today, but now I'm aiming for this Sunday or next Monday instead. 😛 I just have Illinois essay to finish tomorrow, and to go over my application for errors like a 100 times. It's ok to submit before our transcript is received right? My school doesn't start sending them until the 19th. 😡
Just paid an exorbitant fee to VMCAS, done, done, done! Well with VMCAS anyway. Now I need to fill out all my supplemental apps![]()
Welcome! Don't worry about missing anything, we love to have everyone that wants to be here. Best of luck on your application!
lol I've been here since the beginning of this thread and I honestly don't even think I've read all the pages
Welcome!! Love your avatar. 🙂
Hoping to submit by the end of the week. Still don't have my personal statement totally to my liking. Also starting to get nervous about running out of time, in case something is wrong with my transcripts or something. Good luck with your application, sounds like its really coming together.Where did my time go, you guys?!
I'm actually still on track to submit earlier than I did last year but I think I'll be submitting a week later than I originally planned on doing this year. I'm going to see my vet reference tomorrow because she wanted to see me again before she writes it. Have to check in with my third reference to make sure she's still on track. They're both supposed to submit by the 20th.
Personal statement... is in okay shape. It could be better. I'm not sure if it's too similar to last year or if I improved/changed enough.
And I have to run over the rest of the application just to make sure there aren't errors and that everything is to my liking. I'm going out of town this weekend though so that's why I'm thinking it might not be realistic to submit until next week.
How are the rest of you who haven't submitted yet coming along?
How are the rest of you who haven't submitted yet coming along?
Thanks everyone 🙂
I'm pretty much set to go at this point: PS that I've been working on for months has been edited a thousand times and hacked down to just under character count, all achievements entered and reordered twice, pretty much all of my evaluations submitted. Seeing what others are posting, I'm just glad I don't have any supplemental essays for MS State and Davis, the 2 schools that I'm applying to! 😛
All I have to do is add my hobbies, which I was initially on the fence about. I browsed a few more submissions on this thread and others and decided it might be a good idea to at least include the important ones. I have my awards for hobbies listed in achievements but I only have relevant (vet-related) extracurricular activities listed in experiences so far. Music and art were a big part of my life, so I will add those. Just hope I can figure out how to calculate the average hours per week/weeks total!? Anyone have any additional opinions on this that they want to share?
I'm *ALMOST* ready! I have my personal statement edited down and in its final form. I have 3 out of the 4 eLORs submitted, and hopefully the last one will be soon but I can submit now as long as the last one is in before sept 15th. I'm shadowing that vet tomorrow so hopefully I'll figure out where she is at with it.
I'm still waiting on one transcript to be processed for a summer course I took through okstate. Hopefully that will be done this week. I have drafts of all the additional questions needed for the vet schools and will hopefully sit down and finalize them this week and submit after that?
AH! I've gone over the app 100 looking for little mistakes. I fear I'll find something else the minute after I submit.
My personal statement ended up at 4500 characters exactly. I don't know what to do with that kind of talent.Good for you! I had my personal statement at 4499 characters lol. I'm applying to UC Davis as well so hopefully we can be classmates!
Mine is at 3,637 and I feeeeeel like I've already made my point. Knowing me, it's probably terrible and all wrong but oh well. I kinda like itMy personal statement ended up at 4500 characters exactly. I don't know what to do with that kind of talent.
Good for you! I had my personal statement at 4499 characters lol. I'm applying to UC Davis as well so hopefully we can be classmates!
I wrote and scrapped three entirely different personal statements before I finally felt it was an accurate representation of me. Don't doubt yourself. You've got this! You know you best.Mine is at 3,637 and I feeeeeel like I've already made my point. Knowing me, it's probably terrible and all wrong but oh well. I kinda like it
I submitted mine Sunday night. Hopefully the verification stage isn't too lengthy.Has anyone else submitted the main app yet? I still have a few supplementals, but my main app has been sent and is in the "Verifying" stage!
I submitted mine Sunday night. Hopefully the verification stage isn't too lengthy.
Yes, I didn't think I would have them all in by now though. I asked my vet reference the other day if she received the request and she finished up the surgery, went to her desk, and typed that puppy up. Haha! I love that lady. You?Are all of your evaluations submitted already?
Yes, I didn't think I would have them all in by now though. I asked my vet reference the other day if she received the request and she finished up the surgery, went to her desk, and typed that puppy up. Haha! I love that lady. You?
Has anyone else submitted the main app yet? I still have a few supplementals, but my main app has been sent and is in the "Verifying" stage!
I submitted on Friday July 29th and was verified by Monday the 1st!Has anyone else submitted the main app yet? I still have a few supplementals, but my main app has been sent and is in the "Verifying" stage!
I submitted on Friday July 29th and was verified by Monday the 1st!
I submitted mine Sunday night. Hopefully the verification stage isn't too lengthy.
I'll do that! I have a friend who submitted hers sometime last week (Thursday?) and had it verified the next day. But I think there's significantly more "traffic" now.Let us know when you get verified!
If last year was any indication, the length of the verification stage increases as we get closer to the deadline because more people are submitting their applications and getting in line to be verified. So I'm sure all of us here would like to know what the current length is. 😉

Lucky! I keep checking my VMCAS hoping that it'll be verified soon. I guess it's only been 24 hours though 🙄
Have all of everybody's GRE scores gone through? I requested mine about 2 weeks ago, and some of them were received the next day, but I haven't had any other statuses change to received since 8/5.
I didn't include pets. All my non-veterinary hours are from the barns I worked in/shelter work/etc.Question for Missouri applicants. I am working on my supplement, how did you guys total up hours while not with a veterinarian? What did you include? Personal pets? What experience did you include?
I didn't include pets. All my non-veterinary hours are from the barns I worked in/shelter work/etc.
Thanks. Would you including training sessions with your dog (under a trainer), or show experience?
Thanks. Would you including training sessions with your dog (under a trainer), or show experience?
I submitted mine Sunday night. Hopefully the verification stage isn't too lengthy.
If I submitted a summer transcript, should I wait for that to arrive before submitting?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Hey! I've been MIA for a little bit but after some time off of school I'm rejuvenated and refreshed and applying to vet schools this year. I wanted to start a thread for all of us applying.
I am really hoping to get the heck out of Athens so I've decided to apply to more than just UGA. I'm thinking UF, NCSU, Auburn, Mizzou, and Washington.
Where is everyone else applying?
Just submitted the application. Since I didn't want to re-do all my experiences, I added a new one that I recently started. However, it doesn't let you update the added experience as in the amount of hours. I haven't accumulated very many hours (12) but hopefully this won't hinder me in any way since I'll continue to get more hours.
I'm almost done with my application! So excited. I am essentially just making final adjustments. I was wondering iff anyone knew how to designate evaluations for schools. For example, I am applying to Missourri which allows all six, but Illinois only allows three. I don't see a way to chose which ones I send. I need to send my veterinarians and a professor. Do I have to call the school? Or is it a choice I make while checking out?
I'm almost done with my application! So excited. I am essentially just making final adjustments. I was wondering iff anyone knew how to designate evaluations for schools. For example, I am applying to Missourri which allows all six, but Illinois only allows three. I don't see a way to chose which ones I send. I need to send my veterinarians and a professor. Do I have to call the school? Or is it a choice I make while checking out?
I'm almost done with my application! So excited. I am essentially just making final adjustments. I was wondering iff anyone knew how to designate evaluations for schools. For example, I am applying to Missourri which allows all six, but Illinois only allows three. I don't see a way to chose which ones I send. I need to send my veterinarians and a professor. Do I have to call the school? Or is it a choice I make while checking out?
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.