Future DVMs- C/O 2021!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you see that the Springs got wind of 101 mph?!?
For real? That's absurd. It's like CO doesn't want anybody to live in it. :yeahright:

I literally just woke up today to loud screeching and for a second I thought my cat was dying until I realized it was the wind blowing through my window screen/around the house.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For real? That's absurd. It's like CO doesn't want anybody to live in it. :yeahright:

I literally just woke up today to loud screeching and for a second I thought my cat was dying until I realized it was the wind blowing through my window screen/around the house.

About an hour ago, the wind blasted through my neighborhood and I thought someone was trying to break into my parents' house. I'm like, "Colorado, this ain't Wyoming. Get your state together!!"

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not entirely sure I like mint outside of toothpaste and mints/mint gum. I know I don't like mint ice cream (with or without chocolate chips) :sorry:

Try Moscato wine, I can't stand alcohol most of the time as well but that's sweet and nice. Also, doesn't being sleep deprived count as drunk? ;)

Reactions: 3 users
You've never laid claim to that condition in the thread, Honorsry
Yo I'm basically always sleep deprived. Twice in October drove 3 hours across the state to a horse show after waking up at 4 am after getting 1-2 hours of sleep. Then 12 hours of sitting at a horse show and then back home, with no nap. Thursday flew to Kansas on 2.5 hours because I changed my flight bc Atlanta snow/ice. I am pretty much always in a sleep deprived state, but those are the major ones.

Members don't see this ad :)
Try living with someone who hates mint more than any other food. It's ****ing agony. There are no good non-mint toothpastes.

I had an orange flavored Crest or Colgate one that was divine. Once I couldn't find one, I switched to the cinnamon one and it was pretty great too

I had an orange flavored Crest or Colgate one that was divine. Once I couldn't find one, I switched to the cinnamon one and it was pretty great too
Cinnamon are usually cinnamon mint. I hate fruity things. I leave the house before my partner so can usually just sneak mint in the morning but I've been going through different kinds since we started dating and still don't have something I love. Current one is actually fennel and not... bad.

I can only use certain toothpastes and so far they've all been mint so if I lived with someone like that they would have to get over it. :laugh:
It's not really a "get over it" aversion... he won't eat anything with mint in it. Won't go near me if I've brushed my teeth or chewed mint gum. It's obnoxious but hey, people can have their quirks. I just wish I liked fruit toothpaste more. :p

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone else waiting to hear back from just one school? I got rejected from 4 out of 5, and I still have like a month to wait until I get the OkState one..

I feel like there's just a knife hanging above my head and I'm just waiting for it to drop.

Is anyone else waiting to hear back from just one school? I got rejected from 4 out of 5, and I still have like a month to wait until I get the OkState one..

I feel like there's just a knife hanging above my head and I'm just waiting for it to drop.
I'm not in that position. But I am rooting for you! I'm crossing all of my fingers and toes :).

I'm waiting on one school, UGA, it is the worst experience waiting here knowing the decision is coming and none of my references were called.

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks Bombai! I'm getting pretty nervous but you know... what happens, happens.
I've been rooting for you from day one. You've brought excitement to every thread! What happens, happens, and if for some crazy reason you don't get accepted this year, reevaluate. Find out how you can make your application stronger, pick the schools that tailor to your strengths, and think about what it is you really want for your future :).

I've been rooting for you from day one. You've brought excitement to every thread! What happens, happens, and if for some crazy reason you don't get accepted this year, reevaluate. Find out how you can make your application stronger, pick the schools that tailor to your strengths, and think about what it is you really want for your future :).
Awww! Thank you Bombai! :biglove:

I'm waiting back to hear from Kansas which should be in my mail today!! I'm in class right now then I'm heading home to check the mail!

Reactions: 6 users

I'm waiting to hear back from the schools I interviewed at...should know the end of this week or next! I'm so rooting for you cdoc!

Reactions: 3 users
I'm also waiting to hear back from UGA, beginning to look more like a class of 2022 hopeful.

Pft @cdoconn you got this EASY, it's just more dramatic this way ;)
You have such confidence in me! I have no idea what I'm going to do if I actually get accepted. Knowing me, I'd probably scream and chug bunch of tequila, but who knows!

And if I don't get in, I'll probably cry and drink a bunch of vodka.

I clearly handle news very well.

Reactions: 7 users
You have such confidence in me! I have no idea what I'm going to do if I actually get accepted. Knowing me, I'd probably scream and chug bunch of tequila, but who knows!

And if I don't get in, I'll probably cry and drink a bunch of vodka.

I clearly handle news very well.

Last year the only reason I didn't cry was because I was at work when I found out and had to put on a brave face.

Hoping you hear good news soon!