future research hours unfulfilled

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
I recently have been invited for a few interviews and am super excited. However, after reviewing my AMCA application, I noticed that I had 100 future research hours unfulfilled and did not realize until now. I was scheduled to work 16 hour weeks for 10 weeks during the summer, so I low-balled and put 100 just in case. The research ended up being cancelled and I only got about 8 hours done. Other than that, all my other hours (clinical, volunteering, and other research) are legit and have been fulfilled.

Should I be worrying/update schools even though I've already received IIs? The schools that I received them from do not care about research much at all, and put much more emphasis on volunteering and clinical hours, which I have a sufficient amount done. Given also that these were projected/future hours, should this be of heavy concern?

Members don't see this ad.

I recently have been invited for a few interviews and am super excited. However, after reviewing my AMCA application, I noticed that I had 100 future research hours unfulfilled and did not realize until now. I was scheduled to work 16 hour weeks for 10 weeks during the summer, so I low-balled and put 100 just in case. The research ended up being cancelled and I only got about 8 hours done. Other than that, all my other hours (clinical, volunteering, and other research) are legit and have been fulfilled.

Should I be worrying/update schools even though I've already received IIs? The schools that I received them from do not care about research much at all, and put much more emphasis on volunteering and clinical hours, which I have a sufficient amount done. Given also that these were projected/future hours, should this be of heavy concern?
How many completed "other research" hours did you list?

Members don't see this ad :)
120 hours. Also noteworthy, I got a great LOR from the research that had the future 100 hours due to previous research with them.
Not having those extra research hours won't make or break your application, but you should be completely transparent about the intended activity falling through, against the time that they validate your activities in the future, through the Contact. Including this in an update letter is fine.

Not having those extra research hours won't make or break your application, but you should be completely transparent about the intended activity falling through, against the time that they validate your activities in the future, through the Contact. Including this in an update letter is fine.
Will it harm me sending this to schools that I've already gotten II to? It was an honest mistake of not remembering they were listed there, but I don't want to come off as someone who put them there just to get a leg up.

Will it harm me sending this to schools that I've already gotten II to? It was an honest mistake of not remembering they were listed there, but I don't want to come off as someone who put them there just to get a leg up.
It seems unlikely, as you got the IIs on the strength of what you've already accomplished. I had in mind including the information along with other activity and grade update info at the end of the fall term.