George Washington University secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jtse106

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Im sure many of you who applied to GWU have received their secondary. Im kinda stuck on this secondary, since the essay on the form is only 10 lines long and you have to stick it within these 10 lines. The prompt is so broad too: "what is your specific interest in the MD program at GWU? what opportunities will you take advantage of as a student here".

for some reason, i'm having a lot of trouble figuring out what to write. 10 lines is not very much space, so i can't go into too much detail like you usually can on other essays, which also means that every word counts.

can somebody give me some advice of how to tackle this and conquer this essay?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i wish i had that same predicament. i don't know what to write or how to fill 5 lines.

Just keep it short and simple. Forget about the crazy details and just talk about the different aspects of the school that made you apply to it. If you don't know what to write then take a look at their website and figure out what you think you would like about it.

On another note, do you guys know if we have to check the box in the upper left corner of page 2? OK, on a serious note, if I'm using VirtualEvals to send a packet of letters through my career service center at my undergrad school, do I have to check the "submission of three to five individual letters box" and attach a letter with the names of the individual recommenders OR do I check the "Pre-medical Advisor/Advisory Committee letter" box?

Members don't see this ad :)
OK, on a serious note, if I'm using VirtualEvals to send a packet of letters through my career service center at my undergrad school, do I have to check the "submission of three to five individual letters box" and attach a letter with the names of the individual recommenders OR do I check the "Pre-medical Advisor/Advisory Committee letter" box?

I emailed the admissions office about this too because my school sends out a pre-health committee letter in addition to copies of each individual recommendation letter (via VirtualEvals). The admissions office told me to check the THIRD box (Pre-Health Committee Letter + individual letters) and then attach a list of the individual recommenders. hope this helps!

I emailed the admissions office about this too because my school sends out a pre-health committee letter in addition to copies of each individual recommendation letter (via VirtualEvals). The admissions office told me to check the THIRD box (Pre-Health Committee Letter + individual letters) and then attach a list of the individual recommenders. hope this helps!

Thank you so much! :thumbup::D

Oops. Ah well.

GW likes it when you talk about their practice of medicine program and da vinci and the city. they are clinically oriented and also value a diverse doctor--

just a few hints from someone whos interviewed there twice haha

yea i've talked a bit about the city and the diversity that it brings. maybe i'll elaborate on gwu's programs and such..

whats da vinci?

ah crap, i checked the wrong box about the reference letters too. i just assumed the third box was for if you were submitting ADDITIONAL letters that did not go through your school's committee. i'm sure we won't be the only ones that made the mistake. haha

ah crap, i checked the wrong box about the reference letters too. i just assumed the third box was for if you were submitting ADDITIONAL letters that did not go through your school's committee. i'm sure we won't be the only ones that made the mistake. haha

I think you're probably right that many people will make this mistake. You shouldn't worry, I can't imagine GW throwing out someone's letters just because they checked the wrong box on the secondary.

I think you're probably right that many people will make this mistake. You shouldn't worry, I can't imagine GW throwing out someone's letters just because they checked the wrong box on the secondary.

true. and even if they do, they'll have the committee letter. i don't know how other people's universities run the committee, but mine uploads ALL of my letters in additon to the committee letter so i guess that's where my confusion stemmed from since i won't actually be having any letters mailed to GW

true. and even if they do, they'll have the committee letter. i don't know how other people's universities run the committee, but mine uploads ALL of my letters in additon to the committee letter so i guess that's where my confusion stemmed from since i won't actually be having any letters mailed to GW

Exactly. My school uploads the letters the same way so I was confused about which box to check too. I checked the third box, but only because I had no idea and thought I'd play it safe. In reality though, I'm sure it's not a big deal.