You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 George Washington
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
thisamistake
New Member
Pre-II R OOS, Complete late July, hold August. Big bummer.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-II R. Lol they mid af
+1 Hold to R. So disappointed by this one.
aspiringmed23
Full Member
+1 Hold to R. Very sad. This cycle is just brutal so far
+1. My most soul crushing rejection this cycle so far.+1 Hold to R. Very sad. This cycle is just brutal so far
Pre II R! Lmaoooo that’s silly
rhomania
Full Member
+1Pre-II H —> R
Dr. Doofenshmirtz Inc.
Full Member
+1 Hold to R oof. I was waiting for this R tho.
oatmilkplease
Full Member
+1 R
+1 R
txpremed1234
Full Member
rejected complete 7/24
+1 Hold to R
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Student2000!
Full Member
Pre-II H —> R
buggaboobibby
Full Member
+1Pre-II H —> R
mollycat417
Full Member
heard nothing since being put on hold... is there still chance for ii?
also wondering this, ive been on hold since July but no II or R yetheard nothing since being put on hold... is there still chance for ii?
Settler.of.Catan
New Member
+1 pre-II R. Was on hold since August.
ishouldnotbehere
Full Member
Pre-II R, just one of many recently [emoji22]
D
deleted1176930
Hold in early August to R today 🙁
stressball90
Full Member
I created an account just to say this: I was waitlisted a week ago and this Wednesday they RESCINDED my waitlist offer due to "low chances of acceptance." Geez😢
This happened to me…..and the email was a little harsh imo
shewhobagstea
Full Member
Folks who got the A at GW, did you all send post-II update letters? & if so, do you mind sharing how many weeks after your interview?
Yes, I sent a few days after. You want to make sure you don't miss the admission's committee meeting.Folks who got the A at GW, did you all send post-II update letters? & if so, do you mind sharing how many weeks after your interview?
ACKjp
Full Member
Just one interview, they have tours + interviewee website for infoWhat is the overall vibe of interview day? Just a faculty interview or other stuff too? I couldn't find much info on the website.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
shewhobagstea
Full Member
Ooo, great point, thank you! I was going to wait a bit but I won't!Yes, I sent a few days after. You want to make sure you don't miss the admission's committee meeting.
shewhobagstea
Full Member
That's mean :/ after all the work y'all put in..This happened to me…..and the email was a little harsh imo
Nah. I am a homie who simply had no updates. Boring life ig.Folks who got the A at GW, did you all send post-II update letters? & if so, do you mind sharing how many weeks after your interview?
shewhobagstea
Full Member
Off topic but your pfp made me lol, thanks for making my day better.Nah. I am a homie who simply had no updates. Boring life ig.
yes. i sent mine the week after my interview.Folks who got the A at GW, did you all send post-II update letters? & if so, do you mind sharing how many weeks after your interview?
milkcarton
Full Member
Anyone know how many ppl were accepted off the waitlist last year
purplelove8888
New Member
anyone accepted to the regional campus at sinai? does anyone have information on how residency programs will view it?
I got accepted to it. Will tell you more when I have more concrete infor. Seems cool tho.anyone accepted to the regional campus at sinai? does anyone have information on how residency programs will view it?
milkcarton
Full Member
Can we not switch if accepted?If you can I’d try to go on one of the tours. I applied regional preferred because I live like 10 mins from Sinai but after the tour I wish I had just stuck with main campus. If you are interesting in any competitive specialty I’d recommend looking up the residents and attending at Sinai because I’m not convinced they have much “clout” (ie letters might not be great if they’re written by Sinai attendings). My gf also works there as a nurse and she has had a questionable experience so far. Full disclosure I’m currently on the WL and if I get the A to regional I’ll be withdrawing
I believe that we will be the first class (or one of the first classes) going there. Which makes it even worse because there is going to be no precedent and every program will be new.If you can I’d try to go on one of the tours. I applied regional preferred because I live like 10 mins from Sinai but after the tour I wish I had just stuck with main campus. If you are interesting in any competitive specialty I’d recommend looking up the residents and attending at Sinai because I’m not convinced they have much “clout” (ie letters might not be great if they’re written by Sinai attendings). My gf also works there as a nurse and she has had a questionable experience so far. Full disclosure I’m currently on the WL and if I get the A to regional I’ll be withdrawing
side note idk if anyone has mentioned this already but for anyone invited to the webinars about the scholarly concentrations, i went to the one last night, i’m not sure about the format for all of them but im assuming it’ll be the same situation, you don’t have to have your camera on, in fact it won’t even let you use your camera or mic at all bc of the zoom settings. they just had attendees type their questions for the students. the webinars are all being recorded and uploaded to the interview portal if you can’t go but still want the info!
milkcarton
Full Member
Oh no. Me tooThey already have students there (who led the tour), so the issue isn’t necessarily being the first (because we won’t be) but committing before we see how those people matched. If the facilities were super nice and I had a great feeling about it I wouldn’t be too worried, but I left the tour feeling very apprehensive about committing to the regional campus. Again, this is just my opinion, but I regret applying regional preferred
This year's class will be the first, yes.I believe that we will be the first class (or one of the first classes) going there. Which makes it even worse because there is going to be no precedent and every program will be new.
All of you will be in Washington DC for the preclinical years, and then those assigned to the regional campus will move there.
if you're interested in switching to main campus, I would reach out ASAP to see if thats a possibility.I doubt it unless you have a really compelling reason
I'm main campus but I'll likely be withdrawing my spot. So as positions open up, they'll be able to readjust but only for a time being.
D
deleted1157211
same here, will be withdrawing my spot <3 hope it helps one of you alternate list people or people looking to switch campuses (if that is even possible)if you're interested in switching to main campus, I would reach out ASAP to see if thats a possibility.
I'm main campus but I'll likely be withdrawing my spot. So as positions open up, they'll be able to readjust but only for a time being.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
premadbaddie
Full Member
also wondering this, ive been on hold since July but no II or R yet
me tooo, I wonder if they are still sending out ii or not
it def doesn’t update until the day of/within hours of receiving an email update. when i was put on the alternate list it didn’t update until the day i received the email notificationdoes anyone happen to know if the portal status updates a few days prior before the news comes out, and if so, what's the time difference? i interviewed and checking for any status changes on the portal
NYCandalsoChicago
Full Member
any alt list movement?
i was accepted to it. i had a good experience on the tour and can’t really afford to live in DC all four years anyway (i have a family) but after seeing some of these comments on it i’m a bit apprehensive 👀anyone accepted to the regional campus at sinai? does anyone have information on how residency programs will view it?