2023-2024 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R, OOS. Got the email at 11:39a CST. Good luck everyone

Reactions: 1 users
hold->pre-II R. Got the email yesterday. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Any insight on how valuable abstracts are to GW?

Interviewed in December and I added 1 post-interview update letter a month later. I’m in the final weeks of their estimated window.

I just got news that an abstract I’m on was published online late December. I’m not sure if sending a quick update with this would come across desperate or not.

GW is my top choice among all 5 locations I’ve interviewed, so I am lowkey desperate lol but any advice?

Interviewed in December and I added 1 post-interview update letter a month later. I’m in the final weeks of their estimated window.

I just got news that an abstract I’m on was published online late December. I’m not sure if sending a quick update with this would come across desperate or not.

GW is my top choice among all 5 locations I’ve interviewed, so I am lowkey desperate lol but any advice?

Also I’m not a first author if that helps

send it. and let them know that they are your top choice - turn your letter into a letter of intent if that is the case.

GW gets a crazy amount of applications and also gives out so many interviews so they really want to pick the people that they know will attend.

send it. and let them know that they are your top choice - turn your letter into a letter of intent if that is the case.

GW gets a crazy amount of applications and also gives out so many interviews so they really want to pick the people that they know will attend.

Thank you! Just DMed you!

does this school accept multiple update letters pre-ii? Still on hold, and have some recent small updates.

Every year people go from hold -> II. It happens every year. The school gets 15k+ applicants a year and holds at the beginning are simply because they’re trying to triage the mass influx of apps.

I have absolutely no insight on how the admissions committee makes their decisions. I do really empathize with all of the neuroticism because I remember being in all of your shoes and checking my portal every day, but holds don’t mean rejection or re-review and there’s no way to predict it either way. I know people who weren’t on hold, got II, and were then waitlisted and never moved off the WL. And I was on hold, got an II, and was accepted at the tail end of the cycle. It’s really variable, which doesn’t assuage any concerns, but GW does use holds for the true purpose of putting a pause on things and it doesn’t have some underlying meaning to interpret.
Do you know when you got off hold for an interview? Ik tough to remember since its probably been a while but if you remember generally, that'd be really appreciated. Have an II early February so I'm wondering if that's too late for this school

Shaking like a leaf I got in this was my top. I’m going to politely excuse myself from SDN/Reddit now

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Just got my first A! Interviewed in December. Wishing everyone the best of luck during this application cycle. I know how hard it is to just be sitting and waiting.

Reactions: 3 users
Do you know when you got off hold for an interview? Ik tough to remember since its probably been a while but if you remember generally, that'd be really appreciated. Have an II early February so I'm wondering if that's too late for this school
I think it was hold in July, II in November, interview in December, and I got in sometime in January without being on the waitlist. But I also know people who interviewed at the beginning of the cycle who were waitlisted so it seems like the timing doesn’t always equate outcomes.

Post-II A
Interview: 12/15/23
IMMMA BE A DOCTOR

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users
Interview Invitation Received December 8th
Interview December 19th
Acceptance January 24th

Signing and submitting the offer of acceptance is just to confirm receipt of the letter, correct?

Reactions: 1 users
Are there any accepted student groups yet? I believe it’s been pretty quiet post-A from what I’ve seen on here

I did not
interesting. it basically asked for information and statement of interest, as well as some updates timeline wise for information session to those of us still on the alternate list. they also said we can be removed if they decide we are not likely going to be pulled

interesting. it basically asked for information and statement of interest, as well as some updates timeline wise for information session to those of us still on the alternate list. they also said we can be removed if they decide we are not likely going to be pulled
Oh totally ignore me, i thought u were referring to a pre-ii hold. Sorry about that lol

i got the research email too. is this part of evaluation process? like will i need to have camera on and dress up for it

i got the research email too. is this part of evaluation process? like will i need to have camera on and dress up for it
I doubt its part of their evaluation process, although it never hurts to demonstrate further interest by attending webinars. I doubt you'll have to have the camera on, but it will likely be encouraged. I'd email them about the dress code, bc for the in person visit I went to in the fall everyone mostly wore business casual

I doubt its part of their evaluation process, although it never hurts to demonstrate further interest by attending webinars. I doubt you'll have to have the camera on, but it will likely be encouraged. I'd email them about the dress code, bc for the in person visit I went to in the fall everyone mostly wore business casual
Thanks!

Any current students at GW who could answer some questions?

I'm sure this has been asked but I can't find it. Does anyone know the post-interview acceptance rate? And how long does GW take to hear back after the interview? Good luck to everyone.

I'm sure this has been asked but I can't find it. Does anyone know the post-interview acceptance rate? And how long does GW take to hear back after the interview? Good luck to everyone.

33%. I heard back after about a month.

The webinars are just for more information, geared at admitted and waitlisted students (I think), though I'm not sure who all got the email.

I heard back week 7 post-interview (A)

For anyone that got the WL Update email last week did you just write anything in the message section when you submitted the info they requested, or did you just submit everything as a pdf letter?