You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 George Washington
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
i went to one recently and if you’re super busy they’re all recorded and available on the interview portal. nobody had their cameras on besides the hosts/current students, and questions could only be asked by typing through the chat option. it was informative but def not necessary especially if you’re not interested in whichever scholarly concentration is being presented onAnother webinar this Thursday. Has anyone been to it? Is it worth attending in middle of the day?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
RelocatedHumanity
New Member
If you're interested in DM (or any other concentration) there's a scholarly concentration fair in the fall for students in case you miss a webinar / don't have time for all 8 of them.Another webinar this Thursday. Has anyone been to it? Is it worth attending in middle of the day?
shewhobagstea
Full Member
Unbelievable. A just now, LM 69, was on hold before II for ages. Interviewed mid-Jan, I think the reason I had such a quick turnaround is that I attended the open house last week!
lightlighthearted
New Member
Got the A yesterday! Pretty fast turnaround - interviewed early Jan and went to the visit day last Friday!!
shewhobagstea
Full Member
Is there a GroupMe for admitted students? 🙂
Anybody know when they start giving out decisions for alternates? Have any current alternates gotten anything back?
ACKjp
Full Member
Looks like a few have received Rs, I think they said movement (As) starts after MarchAnybody know when they start giving out decisions for alternates? Have any current alternates gotten anything back?
doctor_potter
Full Member
Is this school still sending out II's?
Thomas R
Full Member
Yes. They typically interview into MarchIs this school still sending out II's?
5 weeksWhen did you guys hear back about a decision Post II?
EMT Hopefull
New Member
What is the general advice on writing a letter of intent prior to receiving a waitlist decision? I have seen mixed advice online. I interviewed here about 6 weeks ago, and it is my only II so far. It’s by far my top choice and I would attend if I was accepted. I can see from this thread that some people have been accepted who interviewed after me. Would it be a good idea to send a letter of intent now, or wait for my decision to come in?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have you sent updates?What is the general advice on writing a letter of intent prior to receiving a waitlist decision? I have seen mixed advice online. I interviewed here about 6 weeks ago, and it is my only II so far. It’s by far my top choice and I would attend if I was accepted. I can see from this thread that some people have been accepted who interviewed after me. Would it be a good idea to send a letter of intent now, or wait for my decision to come in?
I sent an update letter post II (not letter of intent). Got the A
EMT Hopefull
New Member
I did send an update about 1 week after my interview, but it was just a brief note informing them of my GPA from Fall 2023 (it improved my overall GPA so I figured I'd send it in). In there I also included a short "thank you" message for interviewing me.Have you sent updates?
I sent an update letter post II (not letter of intent). Got the A
I haven't sent anything since then (5 weeks ago) and I figure I'll probably get my decision in the next 2 weeks (the portal says 8 weeks and I'm currently 6 weeks post-interview). I thought a letter of intent (or letter of continued interest or whatever) could help when that decision finally comes around, but wasn't sure if I should first wait to see if I get waitlisted.
Congrats on your A!
Edit: My LM is 69.5 if that matters? Looks like we have a similar profile haha
Yeah I mean if GW is truly #1 an LoIntent won’t hurt! I haven’t heard from Hopkins at all (lmfao @ that wish) and I’m like, well, I can’t write an LoIntent in good faith without that R from Hopkins. So… I opted for update only. But I spoke about service & research updatesI did send an update about 1 week after my interview, but it was just a brief note informing them of my GPA from Fall 2023 (it improved my overall GPA so I figured I'd send it in). In there I also included a short "thank you" message for interviewing me.
I haven't sent anything since then (5 weeks ago) and I figure I'll probably get my decision in the next 2 weeks (the portal says 8 weeks and I'm currently 6 weeks post-interview). I thought a letter of intent (or letter of continued interest or whatever) could help when that decision finally comes around, but wasn't sure if I should first wait to see if I get waitlisted.
Congrats on your A!
Edit: My LM is 69.5 if that matters? Looks like we have a similar profile haha
And thanks!! I’m so ecstatic. There’s like a 99% chance I’m going w GW lolYeah I mean if GW is truly #1 an LoIntent won’t hurt! I haven’t heard from Hopkins at all (lmfao @ that wish) and I’m like, well, I can’t write an LoIntent in good faith without that R from Hopkins. So… I opted for update only. But I spoke about service & research updates
milkcarton
Full Member
Anyone know when alternate movement starts
RelocatedHumanity
New Member
I'd suspect in April as AMCAS forces students to narrow down their acceptancesAnyone know when alternate movement starts
pre-II R just now
+1pre-II R just now
jellybeann123
Full Member
pre-II R
+1pre-II R just now
+1pre-II R
Pre II R
BeagleLover987
Full Member
GW needs to stop it with these jumpscare emails 😵
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
leafybean2
New Member
Does anybody know about how many people get off the waitlist from year to year?
meddiemedmed
New Member
did anyone else on the alt list not get the sinai email?
in the email they said it was for people who selected “main campus preferred” as their campus preference so if people didn’t get the email it could’ve been bc they selected main campus only or one of the other preferences!did anyone else on the alt list not get the sinai email?
D
deleted1169361
also didn't and on alt listdid anyone else on the alt list not get the sinai email?
milkcarton
Full Member
Also wondering thisDoes anybody know about how many people get off the waitlist from year to year?
their were some in the fall but i’m not sure about the springHave there been tours of the main campus in DC ?
milkcarton
Full Member
Has anyone on the alternate list sent an additional LOR
NYCandalsoChicago
Full Member
noHas anyone on the alternate list sent an additional LOR
BeagleLover987
Full Member
On the alt list and will be in DC this week. Does the school offer tours? Do I even bother reaching out? I'd love to see the school
Withdrew my acceptance today. Hopefully will go to someone soon! Good luck to everyone!
redrobbin333
Full Member
Another jump scare email. Did anyone else get it too?
Last edited:
the webinar email?Another jump scare email. Did anyone else get it too?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
redrobbin333
Full Member
Webinar. May only be for accepted and alt list?i didnt get any emails. what is the email about?
Thomas R
Full Member
Damn ive been getting those emails for a few weeks though. I'm not on alt list or accepted though, just interviewed. Anyone else not get the email?Webinar. May only be for accepted and alt list?
tomorrow at noon!Also when is the webinar? is it tomorrow