2023-2024 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does anyone happen to know if the portal status updates a few days prior before the news comes out, and if so, what's the time difference? i interviewed and checking for any status changes on the portal

Members don't see this ad.

does anyone happen to know if the portal status updates a few days prior before the news comes out, and if so, what's the time difference? i interviewed and checking for any status changes on the portal
it def doesn’t update until the day of/within hours of receiving an email update. when i was put on the alternate list it didn’t update until the day i received the email notification

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone accepted to the regional campus at sinai? does anyone have information on how residency programs will view it?
i was accepted to it. i had a good experience on the tour and can’t really afford to live in DC all four years anyway (i have a family) but after seeing some of these comments on it i’m a bit apprehensive 👀

Another webinar this Thursday. Has anyone been to it? Is it worth attending in middle of the day?

Another webinar this Thursday. Has anyone been to it? Is it worth attending in middle of the day?
i went to one recently and if you’re super busy they’re all recorded and available on the interview portal. nobody had their cameras on besides the hosts/current students, and questions could only be asked by typing through the chat option. it was informative but def not necessary especially if you’re not interested in whichever scholarly concentration is being presented on

If you're interested in DM (or any other concentration) there's a scholarly concentration fair in the fall for students in case you miss a webinar / don't have time for all 8 of them.

Unbelievable. A just now, LM 69, was on hold before II for ages. Interviewed mid-Jan, I think the reason I had such a quick turnaround is that I attended the open house last week!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Got the A yesterday! Pretty fast turnaround - interviewed early Jan and went to the visit day last Friday!!

Anybody know when they start giving out decisions for alternates? Have any current alternates gotten anything back?

• Dislike
Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody know when they start giving out decisions for alternates? Have any current alternates gotten anything back?
Looks like a few have received Rs, I think they said movement (As) starts after March

What is the general advice on writing a letter of intent prior to receiving a waitlist decision? I have seen mixed advice online. I interviewed here about 6 weeks ago, and it is my only II so far. It’s by far my top choice and I would attend if I was accepted. I can see from this thread that some people have been accepted who interviewed after me. Would it be a good idea to send a letter of intent now, or wait for my decision to come in?

What is the general advice on writing a letter of intent prior to receiving a waitlist decision? I have seen mixed advice online. I interviewed here about 6 weeks ago, and it is my only II so far. It’s by far my top choice and I would attend if I was accepted. I can see from this thread that some people have been accepted who interviewed after me. Would it be a good idea to send a letter of intent now, or wait for my decision to come in?
Have you sent updates?
I sent an update letter post II (not letter of intent). Got the A

Have you sent updates?
I sent an update letter post II (not letter of intent). Got the A
I did send an update about 1 week after my interview, but it was just a brief note informing them of my GPA from Fall 2023 (it improved my overall GPA so I figured I'd send it in). In there I also included a short "thank you" message for interviewing me.

I haven't sent anything since then (5 weeks ago) and I figure I'll probably get my decision in the next 2 weeks (the portal says 8 weeks and I'm currently 6 weeks post-interview). I thought a letter of intent (or letter of continued interest or whatever) could help when that decision finally comes around, but wasn't sure if I should first wait to see if I get waitlisted.

Congrats on your A!

Edit: My LM is 69.5 if that matters? Looks like we have a similar profile haha

I did send an update about 1 week after my interview, but it was just a brief note informing them of my GPA from Fall 2023 (it improved my overall GPA so I figured I'd send it in). In there I also included a short "thank you" message for interviewing me.

I haven't sent anything since then (5 weeks ago) and I figure I'll probably get my decision in the next 2 weeks (the portal says 8 weeks and I'm currently 6 weeks post-interview). I thought a letter of intent (or letter of continued interest or whatever) could help when that decision finally comes around, but wasn't sure if I should first wait to see if I get waitlisted.

Congrats on your A!

Edit: My LM is 69.5 if that matters? Looks like we have a similar profile haha
Yeah I mean if GW is truly #1 an LoIntent won’t hurt! I haven’t heard from Hopkins at all (lmfao @ that wish) and I’m like, well, I can’t write an LoIntent in good faith without that R from Hopkins. So… I opted for update only. But I spoke about service & research updates

Yeah I mean if GW is truly #1 an LoIntent won’t hurt! I haven’t heard from Hopkins at all (lmfao @ that wish) and I’m like, well, I can’t write an LoIntent in good faith without that R from Hopkins. So… I opted for update only. But I spoke about service & research updates
And thanks!! I’m so ecstatic. There’s like a 99% chance I’m going w GW lol

Any current GWSM student here; I had a question? I am accepted this year and am trying to find the possible locations for Clinical Rotations - are they all only in GW or can be at other in/around DC?

Does anybody know about how many people get off the waitlist from year to year?

anyone else get the email about the sinai tour .. it was a bit of a jumpscare lol

Reactions: 1 users
did anyone else on the alt list not get the sinai email?
in the email they said it was for people who selected “main campus preferred” as their campus preference so if people didn’t get the email it could’ve been bc they selected main campus only or one of the other preferences!

Reactions: 2 users
Yes, main campus tours were also in the beginning of February

On the alt list and will be in DC this week. Does the school offer tours? Do I even bother reaching out? I'd love to see the school

Another jump scare email. Did anyone else get it too?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users